PDA

View Full Version : best relic

eestlinc
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Which relic do you think is best, or most useful, or your favorite, or whatever?

I say the Marvel Shoes because they give you shell, protect (I think), haste, and regen all for free. These prove especially useful if you like battling in the Coliseum.

Also, the Zephyr Cape is great for evade and randomly blocking attacks.

Masamuneˇ1600
05-05-2005, 12:32 AM
For a single Relic, it's likely the Marvel Shoes, which indeed confer those four beneficial statuses. Some of the others are very popular in conjunction, however. Economizer/Gem Box is a well-known combination, as is Offering/Genji Glove. And I've always been a fan of the Ribbon (seen in FFVI for the first time as a Relic/accessory). Still, I'll stick with Marvel Shoes.

TheAbominatrix
05-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Ribbons. Im usually so far ahead in levels that I dont really need a lot of protection from physical and magical attack, so I like the ribbon because it keeps my people from getting those nasty STDs.

They're all good, though.

The relics, not the STDs.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-05-2005, 01:01 AM
"Dean... I have poison."

TasteyPies
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
"Dean... I have poison."

Why didn't you tell me this before we got married! Now our kids will have poison too! Stupid good for nothing asshole, mother was right about you. I'm leaving you! Don't come looking for me! Carlitos and I have been having an afair and will be out of the country by sunrise. There I can try and live out the rest of my life, battling poison.

Strider
05-05-2005, 01:22 AM
Throughout the course of the entire game, I've always found the Running Shoes (casts Haste) to be the most useful. It doesn't make you powerful, but you can hit 'em more often, which is just as good.

Masamuneˇ1600
05-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Throughout the course of the entire game, I've always found the Running Shoes (casts Haste) to be the most useful. It doesn't make you powerful, but you can hit 'em more often, which is just as good.

Why take Running Shoes over Marvel Shoes, which add Protect, Shell, and Regen in addition to Haste?

Strider
05-05-2005, 01:27 AM
You get Running Shoes early. :D

Vyk
05-05-2005, 02:02 AM
I'd have to go with the offering. Failing that it'd be the Box or the Genji glove. Anything to boost the amount of attacks.

Xaven
05-05-2005, 03:31 AM
I like Economizer for it helps Relm to cast Ultima on just about everything almost for free... Good thing I got one.

The Zephyr cape's good too. It helped a LOT when I beat Kefka with only one person (Relm of course) (Not counting the dead people or Terra & Shadow who came in last but killed themselves right when Kefka came out before they could affect the battle in any way).

Sasquatch
05-05-2005, 05:11 AM
I cast my vote for the Offering, but I'd have to say the Zephyr Cape was damn usefull, too. With a Snow Suit on Gau and two Zephyr Capes, prettymuch nothing can hit him, it's awesome.

eestlinc
05-05-2005, 05:18 AM
give someone the Paladin shield plus the Marvel Shoes and a Zephyr Cape (and throw on the Illumina Sword for good measure) and you have a nearly unstoppable force all in one character. (not that you even really need th Zephyr Cape in that situation. Maybe a Muscle Belt instead.)

KoShiatar
05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
If I have to choose only one then I'll go for the Economizer (or Three Stars, like it was called in my version of the game).
I am an intensive magic user and casting all those Ultima spells, Life3, Cure3 and so on at only 1 MP expense was just terrific.

FF Junkie
05-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Out of the things listed I'd have to say the Offering, but of course I'm a TRUE fan with the Genji combo. I also always take the time to level up, so I often find that having that combo equipped I can take out most enemies without ever being attacked. For this same purpose, however, I am a huge fan of the Moogle Charm when you finally get it. Few things are more annoying than being attacked every 5 steps by enemies who aren't worth your time, or being attacked when you have a party where all are level 99 already.

eestlinc
05-06-2005, 03:16 AM
yea, I almost included the Moogle Charm, but nah.

KoShiatar
05-06-2005, 10:05 PM
When I went through Kefka's Tower I made the last party with the people I liked least and then sent them to the third entrance on the right with the Moogle Charm to make sure they wouldn't have to fight. They ended up having the thoughest boss fights, including the one with the last Dragon. O__o Luckily, they were all at level 99 as well.

BG-57
05-07-2005, 04:46 AM
In the past I relied heavily on Offering, but I've come to appreciate Marvel Shoes, so I voted for them. But Offering comes close. Moogle Charm is also great: I love to choose my battles.

Martyr
05-07-2005, 05:14 AM
I was going to choose Marvel Shoes, but I couldn't help myself and voted Offering instead.

I don't have any regrets; my vote is true - I simply wish that I'd checked the results earlier because the Marvel Shoes don't seem to be getting the credit they deserve.

Master.Pug
05-07-2005, 07:00 PM
My party often uses...

Ribbon/Offering
Ribbon/Economizer
Ribbon/Economizer
Ribbon/Economizer

unbeatable, 3 strong magic attackers & healers + 1 phy-attacker, 4 completely immune to status ailments...

I'd say the Economizer, but it makes the game too easy, you don't have MP-lacks anymore (even without them its too easy...)

I prefer Ribbon & Marvels

Del Murder
05-07-2005, 10:44 PM
I like Ribbon the best. With a strong party, status effects are the only thing that bring you down.

Martyr
05-08-2005, 05:09 AM
The Ribbon is for cowards.

Sasquatch
05-08-2005, 06:25 AM
What's the Merit Award do again?

chionos
05-08-2005, 06:49 AM
Allows characters to equip heavier armor/weapons that they normally cannot equip. Doesn't work for everything. eg: tabby suit, nutkin suit, etc

zephyr cape, definately
it's just fun
and i like the animation
like a matadore

Wiegrahf42
05-09-2005, 02:30 AM
Which version do you have Werecenary?
I'll go with the economizer any day. The offering is my second choice. With an economizer you can cast Life 3, Ultima, Meteor, Cure 3, All the good spells basically free of charge.

-N-
05-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Merit Award + Tempest Knife = Wind God Gau

Master.Pug
05-09-2005, 05:30 PM
by the way, you forgot the Omega Ring in your voting! Stat-doubeling is quite nice, even if some of the others are better!

FF Junkie
05-09-2005, 10:57 PM
by the way, you forgot the Omega Ring in your voting! Stat-doubeling is quite nice, even if some of the others are better!

I'm not familiar with this relic.... is it in the American version of the game?

Ultima Shadow
05-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Sprint Shoes. I would never had survived going trough the whole game without those. :greenie:

eestlinc
05-11-2005, 03:58 AM
???

The Unknown Guru
06-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Gotta be the Economizer. Ultima twice (or 4 or 8 times) per turn for 1 MP each can't be beat!

Alexander
06-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Sprint Shoes. I would never had survived going trough the whole game without those. :greenie:

Uh-huh.

Moogle Charm + Sprint Shoes = Best combo in the game :love:

Or maybe Economizer... but they are "hard" to get >_<