PDA

View Full Version : Halo/Halo 2

Creed
05-05-2005, 01:41 AM
Hey whats your favorite thing about this game the weapons, enemies, levels just post your comments here. :D :D :D :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool:

Super Christ
05-05-2005, 05:52 AM
The fact that I'm not playing it right now.

Oh, you meant something in the game. The vehicles I suppose - I'm an excellent sniper with the tank, plus virtually unstoppable (in the tank). And the banshee is kinda fun to fly around. I was super pissed they changed the handling of ghosts for the second game, jumping them off the tank was awesome. But anyway, the game really does get old after a (fairly short) while.

Haemo
05-05-2005, 10:21 AM
Multyplayer over x-box live, adds a whole new dimension to gaming.

nik0tine
05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Halo sucks. I seriously do not understand how people can think it's so great.

Dreddz
05-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Halo just plays like Red Faction to me

Pure Strife
05-05-2005, 05:38 PM
I like how all the rooms are the same so I don't have to worry about thinking up ways of clearing new rooms. And the assult rifle.

Yew-Yevon
05-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Halo is the most unrealistic comabat game ever...........Killzone, oh killzone how much more relism can you have? with stamina and being slowd down by carrying a big gun Killzone is real to the max as well as great graphics. as for halo/2 si-fi is nice but a more realistic aproche would help. personaly My fave is MGS3 . I beat the game 3 times and im still playin to get every single secret i missed the last time around. and the outdoor graphics for MGS3 kick the s*** out of both halos. :cool:

Craig
05-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Although Halo is a very overrated game, it's damn good fun online.

ZeZipster
05-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Ugghh.. I need to quit this game. The only reason to play Halo 2 is for Xbox live, period. People who don't get the big deal about this game aren't. You'll always have competition online, with the ranking system you'll never be the best. Double Team is great. Although I can't say I particularly like playing the same 3 maps 30 times over or CTF.

Right now there is no weapon I won't whore (excluding the needler). I'm getting away from dual wielding. Ever since frags/sticks were modified there has been no real reason to dual wield to me. Between melee and grenades I haven't felt a reason to stop using the battle rifle. I [I]was[/] trying to get good with SMG+Magnum but ever since autoupdate I haven't felt it's any good.

Shlup
05-07-2005, 02:27 AM
I like to play capture the flag 'cause I get to be the distraction. :D

wuglendei
05-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Halo
one of the most over rated games EVER!!
I seriously HATE halo
played it and i got bored
the reveiws say the story and characters r cool and /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif but the story is the same old peice of /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif ive seen in uhh let me see STARCRAFT ~EVEN though that was a rts~ and halo is amazingly unoriginal

Now HALF LIFE 2 is the best FPS ever
AWESOME physics engine
way better graphix ~but i wont count that since its on comp~
and online kix ass
story
weapons
everything

Excelsior
05-08-2005, 05:17 AM
never played halo 2. but halo 1 has slightly above decent single player. the multiplayer online is incredibly fun, but the fact that the single player isnt great definately makes it the most overrated game ever.

XxSephirothxX
05-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Halo 2 may be the most hyped game ever, but it is not the most overrated game ever because it has an incredibly addictive and fun online component. True, it can get boring to play the same CTF match for the hundreth time, but custom games give you the variety to keep things fresh. The story in the first game was a bit bland, but they really pumped it up for the sequel. If you consider the story to be unoriginal, you obviously didn't play much of the game or simply didn't pay attention, because it has quite a few unusual twists. While Halo has never done anything revolutionary, Bungie managed to take great aspects from various shooters and incorporate them all very well.

Excelsior
05-08-2005, 06:25 AM
yaeh, halo has fun multiplayer, like i said, and also, i said that the single player was decent, but it is the most overrated game ever, because does it really deserve a "best game ever" or perfect score? no, it really doesnt. but it gets those titles, and that makes it one of if not the most overrated games ever.

Rase
05-08-2005, 06:36 AM

Seraf
05-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Halo isn't supposed to be about the realism, I don't know how you can compare a SCI-FI shooter to realism. If you want realistic combat go get Rainbow Six 3 or something. Halo is a great series simply because of the Multiplayer, it's some of the best FPS multiplayer imo. The single player campaign I could honestly care less about, FPS games are all about the Online play or LAN play to me.

DMKA
05-08-2005, 09:31 AM
Although Halo is a very overrated game, it's damn good fun online.
Precisely.

It's fun, but I can't see why it has so many rabid fanboys. It's nothing new, nothing special, and adds nothing to the genre. Is just...another first person shooter. Online is effing fun. The single player blows though.

I've yet to play Halo 2, because I'm not buying an Xbox. Ever. The only reason I have Halo is because I was walking through Walmart and saw the PC version sitting on a shelf for $19.84. :D

Ism
05-08-2005, 10:29 AM

Yew-Yevon
05-09-2005, 07:23 PM
yaeh, halo has fun multiplayer, like i said, and also, i said that the single player was decent, but it is the most overrated game ever, because does it really deserve a "best game ever" or perfect score? no, it really doesnt. but it gets those titles, and that makes it one of if not the most overrated games ever.

At least in Killzone, you can fight bots in mutiplayer. :D

halo1 and 2 have no bots :mad2: :mad2:

Super Christ
05-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Mmmm, I suppose Capture the Flag is also kinda fun, but that's only because I *always* turn traitorous on my team. It's awesome getting a warthog with one of my teammembers in the passenger seat and driving him to the other base - and when he gets out to capture the flag, a guy from the opposing team hops in and I give him a ride to my base, and a ride back. It was awesome seeing the looks on the faces of my team when they found out.

Sephex
05-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Halo is average. That's it. I like playing it, but I think people hype it up way too much. Especially Halo 2. Ugh.