PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Player Gaming Suggestions Please!!

Vyk
05-05-2005, 03:26 AM
Howdy (: Here's the rules. We need something that's 2+ players. Needs to be Cooperative. No shooters. No split-screen crap. No sports. (That includes racing). And nothing that requires online. Need something Double Dragon/Contra style.

Here's the thing. Me and my brother and my nephew have been abusing the heck out of these dang Champions of Norrath/Return To Arms games for months. Its getting old. The Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games are too old these days and we beat them anyway. We couldn't get into X-Men for some reason. Anyway... we're looking for something new... My brother seems obsessed with dungeon crawlers x_x; We have a PS2 with multi-tap and X-Box available. Though if there's something worthwhile on GameCube that might suffice, feel free to mention it, as we do have a couple available. Just not big on GC games. Please help, I'm getting tired of Norrath :/

Lord Chainsaw
05-05-2005, 05:06 AM
I would suggest Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. It plays hack-n-slash style, and is similar to the Baldur's Gate/Champions games. What makes this game so much fun is that aside from the classic Gauntlet madness, there are such a variety of worlds.

You'll traverse the 8 different worlds of Plague, Fire, Castle, Sky, Jungle, Desert, Ice, and Dreams defeating the guardians and collecting their shards. Unite them all to enter the Desecrated Temple and do battle with the demon chieftan summoned into the overworld.

The game consists of a Tower that is a hub world. The gates to the realms are blocked by barriers. In order to advance to another world, you'll need to collect a certain amount of crystals corresponding to that world from other accessible worlds. Runestones are hidden cleverly throughout some of the levels in the game. Collect every runestone, and you'll be able to continue on and play to the true final boss.

It's a dungeon crawler, but is a whole lot of fun with three other people. You can select one of eight starting classes. Levels go up to 99 and HP up to 9999. The music in the game is spectacular, if you're willing to turn down the annoying SFX to hear it. Not so much in terms of story, but there is a novel you can buy that goes a little more in depth although I wouldn't quite recommend it. I've read some of it myself and it isn't that great.

Dreddz
05-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Ant fighting game
There always built to be great at Multiplayer

Vyk
05-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Needs to be Cooperative
;P

We got tired of fighting games a long time ago. Though Dark Legacy is an awesome suggestion. I loved Gauntlet Legends. Might look into that one. And there IS another Gauntlet game in the works... Can't wait for that puppy.