PDA

View Full Version : Positions - on your back, side, or belly?

Sepho
05-05-2005, 03:45 AM
How do you lay when you sleep? Personally, I have no preference. It's not uncommon for me to wake up on the completely opposite side of the couch (yes, I sleep on a couch) than the side on which I feel asleep. I move around so much that I've been on my back, belly, and body sides about 4,000 times each even before I nod off.

I don't really have a preference, and I generally get really uncomfortable with any position really fast, so I'm all over the place when I sleep. Most people I talk to either feel the most comfortable on their back or on their side, and it seems like there's not many that can stand laying on their stomach. How about you?

Jojee
05-05-2005, 03:47 AM
Missionary.

Sorry, someone had to do it. Just saving you the pain later ^^

All of them, I can sleep anywhere and any-how :p

Cybele
05-05-2005, 03:51 AM
I usually sleep on my side or on my back. I can't stand sleeping on my stomach. It just bugs me. I'm also a very violent sleeper. :p I kicked one of my friends off of the couch in my sleep when she slept over at my house one time. It was funny when she told me why she was sleeping on the floor. :greenie:

Vyk
05-05-2005, 03:53 AM
I sleep on my sides. In preperation for spooning. Actually I can sleep any which way.

Sepho
05-05-2005, 03:55 AM
I didn't know the threads got posted before the polls :p

omnitarian
05-05-2005, 03:56 AM
On either of my two sides.

T-MaN
05-05-2005, 04:03 AM
I can sleep in whatever position, whenever I want, wherever I want.
*Note to the wise: Do not poke me while I am in my deep sleep. I will wake up and chase you.* <-- I actually do that, but I have no recollection of it. I once chased my friend down the street when he poked me, but I don't remember any of it. Weird ain't it?

Meat Puppet
05-05-2005, 04:05 AM
I wish I had a real bed :(

XxSephirothxX
05-05-2005, 04:06 AM
Mostly on my side, although occassoinally on my back.

Vyk
05-05-2005, 04:07 AM
I didn't know the threads got posted before the polls :p

This is a poll? o_o

Well... I guess it IS. *Still not voting in it though* ;P

Jebus
05-05-2005, 04:10 AM
I sleep in ways that the human skeleton can't possibly hold for more than a minute.

Mostly because it takes me hours to fall asleep and I get bored.

Jewels
05-05-2005, 04:11 AM
I usually sleep on my right side, but if I'm really restless that night, I'll be sleeping in all different positions.

Shlup
05-05-2005, 04:24 AM
I sleep in every position. I move a lot.

Apollo
05-05-2005, 05:01 AM
I sleep on my sides usually. Sometimes on my back though. When I sleep on my sides I tend to sleep on my right side because it faces my wall. :greenie:

edczxcvbnm
05-05-2005, 05:07 AM

DAMN thats hot!

Had to be said.

Anyways I sleep on my stomach. Keeps my back feeling good!

Sasquatch
05-05-2005, 05:24 AM
I sleep on my back, when I can...I can sleep in any position prettymuch, or in any situation, but I usually just lie on my back, when possible.

Actually, some people make fun of me for the way I sleep. I'll lie on my back, with my body straight, and cross my ankles and fold my hands over my chest. And I won't move when I sleep...I'll wake up in the exact same position I fell asleep in.

Rase
05-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Well, I fall asleep on my back. After that, it's all fair game.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Generally belly or either side, occassionally on back depending on the level of sinus congestion I have at the moment. I toss and turn so much in my sleep that the position I fall asleep in isn't necessarily the one I will wake up in.

Logan
05-05-2005, 05:49 AM
I fall asleep on my right side and wake up on my left side. :)

Shauna
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
I usually fall asleep on my back, but if I do roll onto my side it would be my right side. I've got a radio alarm clock that glows bright yellow, and I can't do anything to stop it, so I tend not to roll to my left cause of it. :D

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 08:06 AM
I toss and turn so much I usually end up in a ball at the foot of the bed.

Leeza
05-05-2005, 08:09 AM
Right side, usually. :cat:

Old Manus
05-05-2005, 08:10 AM
I wish I had a real bed :(

You stole my post AGAIN!

Samuraid
05-05-2005, 09:12 AM
It completely depends...I generally toss and turn a bit while sleeping.

nik0tine
05-05-2005, 09:14 AM
On the side or on my belly. One of the two.

Shlup
05-05-2005, 09:28 AM

DAMN thats hot!

Had to be said.
Yeah, BJ thinks it's real hot when he gets woken up 'cause I kicked him in the face in my sleep or something. xD

Though if it helps the hotness, I do usually sleep naked. Yay!

Devourment
05-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Missionary.

Sorry, someone had to do it. Just saving you the pain later ^^

All of them, I can sleep anywhere and any-how :pI thought that this was a thread of different sex postitions when I read the title.

Oops.

Well, I'm all over the place really. :p

Super Christ
05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Either on my stomach, or on my right side. Sometimes both. I'm flexible like that.

Chris
05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't really know, I'm asleep ya' know. :rolleyes2

Ashi
05-05-2005, 01:38 PM
All over the place. I move too much. Before sleeping and while sleeping. I know because I wake up on the far side of the bed with my feet on my pillow.

Dr.K
05-05-2005, 01:50 PM
All over the shop. I've never fallen out of bed though, thankfully.

Dignified Pauper
05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
I sleep on my stomach mostly, sometimes my side, but usually my stomach.

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
I thought this was about sex positions. :skull6:

Super Christ
05-05-2005, 02:18 PM
We could only hope.

Mercen-X
05-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Well, here's the thing: Depending on what I've done earlier in the day, I find it easier or harder to get to sleep at all.
If I'm desperately hungry, I sleep on side and curl into the fetal position.
If I worked out or did something equally energy consuming, I fall flat on my back. In this same situation, I could just as easily fall asleep face-down . . . when I wake up in the morning I'm always staring at the ceiling.
If I've been lazy all day and have pent of hyperactive energy at night, I squirm around trying to make my restless spine relax and shut the hell up.

Last night I dreamt that I starred in horror flick. It was like that Stephen King film "IT"

This clown-dude was scarier-looking, faster, more real, and didn't talk at all. There's nothing scarier than a scary dude who doesn't talk. Surprisingly, I wasn't scared throughout the dream which is kinda disappointing. The clown made all these people (living in an apartment complex, like mine) go insane and kill each other. I don't really remember much save for the ending.
This guy got p$$ed at another guy and we told him to calm down and go home. "The next day" (the scene shifted) police were swarming around the other guy's house and that guy was just standing there, like, pacing or something. There was a woman with me there and she asked "Did you fight with him?"
. . . and I said "You killed him, didn't you."
Then he pulled out a yellow envelope (the kind with the pin at the top) filled with photos of all the complex's murder victims. He tossed them into the pool and the tiny photos filled the entire surface. Since I think in movie terms, I'd assume that each photo was of a different person. But because I didn't have time to closely inspect all of the photos, I can't state that as a fact. "This is just the tip of the iceberg."
I don't know if they took him jail because that's when I woke up and started reciting Japanese. That night I'd been listening to a Japanese CD, which is strange because the dream was in no way related, not even a single Japanese word was muttered. *sigh*

Rye
05-05-2005, 08:36 PM
On my stomach or side.

Jess
05-05-2005, 09:12 PM
I have to fall asleep on my back, unless I'm at a party or something in which case, when I eventually go to sleep, I have to make do with the space thats there. But once I'm asleep I move around and usually wake up on my side. :p

Blackmageboi
05-05-2005, 09:41 PM
i dunno i fall to sleep on all sides

Kamiko
05-05-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm usually all over the place but I'm currently sleeping in a fetal position for reasons unknown.

DMKA
05-06-2005, 12:29 AM
I sleep on my back, when I can...I can sleep in any position prettymuch, or in any situation, but I usually just lie on my back, when possible.

Actually, some people make fun of me for the way I sleep. I'll lie on my back, with my body straight, and cross my ankles and fold my hands over my chest. And I won't move when I sleep...I'll wake up in the exact same position I fell asleep in.
Why do I find that so erotic?

I couldn't tell you honestly. I just lay down and fall asleep...I didn't realize it was something worth paying attention to. o_O

I'll make sure I pay attention when I go to sleep tonight...if I don't forget.

Mo-Nercy
05-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Wow. I'm the first person to vote left side.

Faris
05-06-2005, 03:08 AM
I sleep on my left side. I face the wall. <3