PDA

View Full Version : Camping noobs!!!!

Ism
05-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Who here plays any kinda online game? e.g. Halo2.
Anyway, I'm making this thread for Haemo, so he can have arguments with everyone.
Please post here with questions, complaints and advice for online gamers.
This thread was origanally gonna be about CAMPING NOOBS but I made it more general.
Online games include FF11 so dont close this cause it is relevant but whether or not the crowd wanna talk about Halo or FF11 is entirely up t them.
Just thought I bring up the fact that all camping noobs are COWARDS!!!!
For Halo2 what kind of weapon combos do you use?
One of the best I find (Thanks to Haemo) is
A battle rifle and a plasma pistol.
Charge up the pistol and shoot them then switch and do a head shot and there dead.

Ism's Final thought
p0$t h3r3.

nik0tine
05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
omg. I love the map de_dust. I can pwn so many n00bs in it. Maybe today I can pwn enough n00bs that i'll raise my rank in teh server from three to one. heh heh!

YukiKiro
05-05-2005, 01:15 PM
omg. I love the map de_dust. I can pwn so many n00bs in it. Maybe today I can pwn enough n00bs that i'll raise my rank in teh server from three to one. heh heh!
ROFL! i love that flash move!

i don't play halo, but i do play SOCOM II, and i can tell you camping is most frowned upon. it quickly gets on people's nerves. in a respawn game however, camping is still a nusence, but it's not really bad since respawn games don't count towards or against your score. is there anyone else out there who plays SOCOM II online? seriously, SOCOM II is a very underrated game. those who play it know its quality, but people who don't play it shun it for its military reference. let me put it this way. SOCOM II is like halo but set in present time and instead of being first person its 3rd person (though with the touch of a button you can make it first person)

Meat Puppet
05-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I had to camp when I was waiting to assassinate one of the presidents. I can't remember which one, but one of them.

Samuraid
05-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Camping in CS for very short periods of time is sometimes acceptable...otherwise you will most likely die a horrible death if you camp.

Yamaneko
05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
*moves to General Gaming*

Camping in CS is so rampant. One of the many reasons I play DoD instead of CS.

Old Manus
05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
"I want you to have my pistol Bobby.
My name's not Bob-
It's not loaded, so you're pretty fucked if you're confronted."

ZeZipster
05-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Plasma Pistol + Battle Rifle don't work online anymore. They changed Collosus and Beaver Creek to human weapons because of it. SMG + Pistol and SMG + Plasma Rifle are cool.

JunotDe
05-05-2005, 11:37 PM
I play SOLDAT on PC
and Fifa2005 on PS2 add me on yer friends list if u want the usernames ViolentJunot

Shoeberto
05-06-2005, 12:42 AM
In CS, if you're truly skilled, you don't need to camp.

I usually camp if my team sucks hard, especially when I'm T on a hostie map. Just find a convenient spot and pop a few CTs to get my kills up then I'm good.

edit: I'm not saying I'm truly skilled, of course. I'm mediocre. But those crazy skilled people will get scopeless scout kills in five-on-one situations don't need to camp.

XxSephirothxX
05-06-2005, 02:47 AM
One of the best I find (Thanks to Haemo) is
A battle rifle and a plasma pistol.
Charge up the pistol and shoot them then switch and do a head shot and there dead.

That's the noob combo. It's cheap and annoying and you shouldn't use it.

Lionx
05-06-2005, 04:54 AM
Camping is a valid strategy, it screws other people over and in the end you - win. Its annoying yes but i just find its part of the strategy. If anything to avoid it the games should put anti-camp or something.

Lindy
05-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Whenever I go to post something, I always find Penny Arcade can say it a million times better than I ever could.

http://img.penny-arcade.com/2002/20020422l.gif

Captain Maxx Power
05-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Camping is a legitimate stragedy.

Rostum
05-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Did you know they have an Hello Kitty Online World game. xD

Click Here. (http://www.sanriotown.com/onlinegame/index.php)

Ism
05-07-2005, 04:46 AM
RedPlayer1: *keeps getting killed*
BluePlayer1: Where the **** did that red player go?
RedPlayer1: Hehe, Ill just hide out here.
BluePlayer1: I FOUND YOU
BluePlayer2: OMG, hes camping. What a noob!
RedPlayer1: ITS A LEGITIMATE STRATEGY!!!
RedPlayer2: Not when we are losing.....

The combo is cheap but it works, and at least its better then grabing the sniper and sword and then camping. Letting your team-mates die, while you sit back sniping until someone comes close and you sword them.
Back a pro would be like 'OMG, your dead' *pistol snipes noob*

P.S I am aware that pistol dont have scopes but I used it to emphasize my point that he was a noob because he was killed by a pistol.

Excelsior
05-07-2005, 05:38 AM
i love it when people camp. cuz then i use my superior video game skills and unload a clip right in there butt. and they die and get angry cuz im better then them.

Rase
05-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Well, I mostly play Call of Duty: United Offensive for the PC when it comes to online games. I also usually play Retreival, in which one team (usually Germans) guards the objective(s) while the other (Allies) attempt to get it and take it back to thier HQ. So, "camping" on defense is fine, except if your the only one left and the Allies have the obj. However, if your supposed to be on the Offensive, camp, and are the last one alive, you will most likely be kicked from whatever server your on. So for me, it depends on what your team should be doing and how many teammates are still alive.

:)

Rainecloud
05-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I enjoy and approve of camping.

Watching the regulars whine, moan and complain about it is very enjoyable.

Haemo
05-10-2005, 08:09 AM
That's the noob combo. It's cheap and annoying and you shouldn't use it. It sure is nooby, anyone can time a pp to definite hit and then head shot b4 their enemy goes before cover or simmply turns around if their a elite. Yes pro's would much rather use something that needs more skill like a rocket launcher and sword combo. The combo i real like (which is underated) is the sniper/pistol, one sniper bullet in the body and anyone should be able to do that and then u've got 12 bullets to head shot with, or with the halo b4 the update ppp (plasma pistol/pistol) saves u having to swith to battle rifle plus u get to hold an extra weopon (it's just hard to head shot since u don't have 3 consecutive bullets but its still pretty easy). Or finally you can do what i do, grab a snipes and go head shoting and have a pistol or battle rifle backup for stiky situations (defently battle rifle after the update if u can get ur hands on one).

In CS most campers are easy to kill unless the kill u b4 u know their there or have time to react. Just jump around the corner and u'll see them crouching with a sign say shoot here on their heads. (pro's don't crouch when they camp but pro's don't generally camp for no reason). And camping is cheap on CS after u plant the bomb to defend it, unless u sit there with a shotgun or something and kill them as they come around the corner. Finally while were on the topic of cheap despite what people say AWPs are cheap (compare them to a scout), dual eletes are cheap (compare them to 557) and numerous other weopons, but just then just because the weopon is better doesn't really make it cheap (the Auto-Nub is!) just mean those that use the weaker version have more skill or don't feel the need to go around mass quick killing.

Lionx
05-10-2005, 08:30 AM
If they are so cheap then why are you worrying about it so much? O_o its legal to use in the game and its as much a strategy as noobish as it looks. Because in the end, the winner is the winner, camping or not.

Ism
05-10-2005, 08:36 AM
It sure is nooby, anyone can time a pp to definite hit and then head shot b4 their enemy goes before cover or simmply turns around if their a elite

In CS most campers are easy to kill unless the kill u b4 u know their there or have time to react.

Ah I see the master has returned. Welcome back, Haemo.

Shoeberto
05-10-2005, 08:34 PM
Finally while were on the topic of cheap despite what people say AWPs are cheap (compare them to a scout), dual eletes are cheap (compare them to 557) and numerous other weopons, but just then just because the weopon is better doesn't really make it cheap (the Auto-Nub is!) just mean those that use the weaker version have more skill or don't feel the need to go around mass quick killing.
I am so so so so glad to hear someone else say AWPs are cheap. I play on a server where it's banned and people always complain.

I wouldn't say duelies are cheap, considering how much they suck. The crosshairs make them look accurate but the shots are never actually centered.

Lionx
05-11-2005, 12:18 AM
The point is, if its so cheap and its not due to a glitch in the game, and if you are so skilled, why do you worry? >_>

Ism
05-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Hmmm.....This is now a counter-stike thread...

Meh, Cant complain.
Elites are kool.

Because a group of noobs with cheap weapons can get very annoying. Most 'pros' dont worry, its just annoying when a group of noobs using cheap guns come and hurt you (if your a pro you should pwn then) and then a pro comes and kills you. Its a bit hard to win if you have low health.

Bahumat
05-12-2005, 09:42 AM
Me and my mates refer to the AWP as the NOOB-Cannon. For Obvious reasons. in fact, there are 3 NOOB-Cannons. Auto-shotty, Machine gun and AWP.

The thing that sucks about camping is that, as soon as people see you doing it, they start to copy. just as when an AWP is bought, everyone buys it. *sigh*.

I find the nastiest thing you can do on CS is use the Tac Shield. Most of my opponents hate me, cos i take so long to kill. and cos they have already used all the grenades. lol.

I generally play the maps AWP_MAP and AWP_CITY and we have a rule. No scopes. That's right, you have to get in real close to hit them. so most people buy machine guns, just to make a point.

In halo, i simply ignore normal weapons for the Scorpion. Works every time.

Shoeberto
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
The sever I'm on also bans shields, so that's solved.

Cloud No.9
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM
camping is sometimes necessary.

like if i'm playing counter strike and have my grubby hands on a lovely little sniper rifle. what i am not going to do is run around like a maniac with it. i'm going to find a nice shielded position like in a building window with a nice long view and i'm going to take people's heads off. running around with sniper rifles is stupid. being nice and shielded and with good views make it a whole more lots usefuls. sniper rifles are for sniping.

and if you don't like me sniping find a way to kill me.

i hate people who love in some kind of fairy tale world where games have their own rules. "campings not fair, it's not like anyone does that outside a game with a big sniper rifle"

camping has it's pros and cons. pros are - i can shoot people from all the way up here and people might not see me.

cons are - if they do see me they are gonna come up here and rip my arms and legs off.

good players should be able to work against campers. it;s part of the game, life and how people play them. get used to it.

Ism
05-15-2005, 01:34 AM
I am not going to get used to it, so you get used to that!!!

The point is, people who camp dont learn how to fight properly as all they do is hide.

Sniping is not camping as you are actually doing exactly what the weapon is for.

I am talking about camping because your winning.

So when the other team is winning, half of there team just disappears (camping noobs).

Lionx
05-15-2005, 01:54 AM
Well that just means you = lose :P Why should they sacrifice victory? I think thats a damn smart move.

Lindy
05-15-2005, 04:03 AM
Maybe if you spent less time whining about camping and more time figuring out how to work around it you'd win more?

Bahumat
05-17-2005, 07:48 AM
I think camping with a Scout is OK, but not with and AWP or Auto Sniper. The scout can only kill one-hit with headshots, so that's fair. However, once the other's have you in the sights, you're dead.

Anyway, camping Noobs have no skill and don't think about where to camp. They never move, so they die if they miss. Which if fairly often. :D

Just sneak up on them and knife them. so much fun. :p

Odaisé Gaelach
05-17-2005, 08:14 PM
Camping is valid in a game like Counter-Strike when you're on the defending team. In CS, if an attacking player runs into a room, all guns blazing, they will get killed. Discretion is the better part of valour... ;)