PDA

View Full Version : Jambos.

Social Moon Firesky
05-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Okay, so me and my friend were in the library at school today, and as I hadn't eaten yet, I decided to see if my friend had anything to eat. He pulled out a packet of these biscuit things called 'Jambos', so I said:

"Can I have a Jambo please?"

And he immediately cracked up laughing because it sounded 'dodgy'. He looks hilarious (Bless him) when he laughs, so I cracked up too. To give this thread a topic: have you ever said something that's been misinterpreted as rude, even when it's not meant that way? And has it become a legendary joke amongst you and your friends?

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 01:28 PM
*Sighs* Too many times to be counted. :skull4:

T-MaN
05-05-2005, 01:33 PM
When I first met my Vietnamese friend, I mispronounced his name, and well, he laughed, but I was ashamed of myself of saying it wrong.
His name was Phouc, and I was a kid back then and I couldn't read right, so I called him Fu**.

Devourment
05-05-2005, 01:36 PM
What the hell is a "Jambo"?. Is it a rip off of a Jaffa Cake?

Not really. I often intend to use a pun so I never really get laughed at because I do it on purpose.

Social Moon Firesky
05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Stuff like that happens to me every day. At school, we had to host some Japanese visitors, and me and my friends were giggling all day, because one of the boys' names was Fukon King. I almost choked to death laughing. And soem of my friends (Particularly the boys) have such dirty minds, that anything I say is taken the wrong way. Mind you, I've got one helluva dirty mind myself, but I know when to take things seriously.

Jambos are biscuits-thingies with Fruit Pastille jelly stuff in them. Btw, Keiran and Mike say 'hi'. :rolleyes2 :sweatdrop

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 01:48 PM
Okay well, once, I was on the Great Wall of China and some guy grabbed my arm and said 'I'm in love with you! Marry me!'
I was really not shocked (I get this all the time) And I only glared at him and walked away. He touched my arm again, looking very sad, and said 'Hello I'm in love with you, marry me...'
I stared at him and turned to him, glaring, and spoke to him in Chinese. I said 'I speak Chinese, you know. Why do you want to marry me?!'
He flushed. His friend had told him it meant 'You're very pretty, can I have your picture?' I felt really bad then.
His freind was some English/American jerk and I slapped him one.

SMF's Pineapple Twazzock
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
thats not very nice you slapped him poor kid

Resha
05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
WHOOSH. That's all I'm a-gonna say. And that guy deserved the slap.

SMF's Pineapple Twazzock
05-05-2005, 01:57 PM
my best friends thinks i look hilarous bless her little brains and cotton socks

Meat Puppet
05-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Jambo sounds pretty innocent, in my country at least.

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 02:00 PM
Coco Jambo was in Rusty's PT for a while. :skull3:
I never asked her what it meant, though.

Devourment
05-05-2005, 02:01 PM
His freind was some English/American jerk and I slapped him one.Nice one. :cool: :p

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Please don't hate me because I slapped him. He really was a jerk. :skull6:

Dr.K
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Hmm, 'Jambo' doesn't sound too dodgy from where I'm <strike>standing</strike> sitting either. And as for the other...

Not really. I often intend to use a pun so I never really get laughed at because I do it on purpose

Caspian
05-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Jambo is actually the Swahili word for "Hello."

Devourment
05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Please don't hate me because I slapped him. He really was a jerk. :skull6:Nah, course not, that's the right thing to do. :p He was well deserved to get a slap. ;)

Rase
05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Anayway,

Yes, it happens to me all the time. It also happened when, on a trip, my friend Troy inadvertently made about 25 innuendos in 2 days. It was a pretty fun trip.

SMF's Pineapple Twazzock
05-05-2005, 03:13 PM
i don't hate u i belive you

Rusty
05-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Coco Jambo was in Rusty's PT for a while. :skull3:
I never asked her what it meant, though.

Haven't you heard of the song Coco Jamboo by Mr President? I'm not sure what 'Jamboo'. But I have it there because it's one of my all time favourite songs :)

Little Miss Awesome
05-05-2005, 04:04 PM
To answer the question all the time!
The one I remember most was when my friend wanted to tell her crush off she went "I'm going to take him outisde and whip him into shape" meaning she would scold him for what he said to her, but me and my friends didn't take it that way :cool:

Jojee
05-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Aww I thought this thread was gonna be about Jamba juice :p And yes I always end up doing that.

Old Manus
05-05-2005, 04:17 PM
I was really not shocked (I get this all the time)

All hail Princess modest! :D

Jojee
05-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Modesty is overrated ;)

I tell Meat Puppet I want to have his babies, and I don't really mean I want to HAVE his babies, you know? But he keeps giving them to me anyway and so I eat them cos' I don't know what else to do with them, he has so many, and more and more every day... :fpsweat:

Ko Ko
05-05-2005, 04:24 PM

:skull1: What? It's true!

Social Moon Firesky
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
How do you get that all the time? Is it really popular to ask random people to marry you? I mean, I do it all the time when I'm in Cambridge, but sometimes people aren't so nice...:cry: Anyways, my mum said something dirty last night, but I actually thought she was serious...:confused:

Armisael
05-09-2005, 11:27 AM
Okay well, once, I was on the Great Wall of China and some guy grabbed my arm and said 'I'm in love with you! Marry me!'
I was really not shocked (I get this all the time) And I only glared at him and walked away. He touched my arm again, looking very sad, and said 'Hello I'm in love with you, marry me...'
I stared at him and turned to him, glaring, and spoke to him in Chinese. I said 'I speak Chinese, you know. Why do you want to marry me?!'
He flushed. His friend had told him it meant 'You're very pretty, can I have your picture?' I felt really bad then.
His freind was some English/American jerk and I slapped him one.
Oh how romantic!^_^

Well one time at class i was chewing a gym and my teacher told me to throw it away..So i told him:
"I can't..I always wanna have something in my mouth to play with"..
All the class was laughing..I can figure out what they thought..''^^

boris no no
05-09-2005, 06:33 PM
god. i say silly stuff all the time.
me and my friend had inuendo day as we kept saying stuff that sounded rude!
xD

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM

*asks Iri to marry*

My dad and my uncle are two of the creepiest conversationalists when they're around each other. Their best friend had come over one day (he's not used to the way they act) and listened as they turned everything the other said into some homosexual. Then, they started doing it to him which made him slightly afraid to speak. After a while, he got the hang of it and managed to sling a few word plays at my uncle.
. . . so creepy. Once, my uncle made meatball kabobs. He said to anyone who took a bite, "How do you like my balls?" No one could help themselves from laughing despite how often he'd do it.

TasteyPies
05-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Ok so this guy next to me was eating some cracker jacks and putting the peanuts to the side. I didn't want them to go to waste so I leaned over and said, "Dude, can I grab your nuts?"

FF freak
05-09-2005, 08:17 PM
According to my mom I used to call girls, "gors". I wonder if I could get away with that now?

Samuraid
05-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I say things occasionally (accidentally) that have a double meaning. I don't mean them that way at all, but my roommates always misconstrue them as some innuendo.

Del Murder
05-10-2005, 05:17 AM
I make constant references to things that people don't and should't have a clue about. Like things that happened 4 years ago with people who didn't even know me back then. I try to watch myself, it happens as a reflex. I hear something and it immediately brings to mind something related. At least I get a kick out of it.

Ko Ko
05-10-2005, 10:12 AM
How do you get that all the time? Is it really popular to ask random people to marry you? I mean, I do it all the time when I'm in Cambridge, but sometimes people aren't so nice..

In China they don't know what they are saying. ALSO it is not a custom to date before marriage. So, when I walk down the street, men upon men grab my arm and say 'You so prettyful! You marry me ok!?'

Dan longfletch
05-10-2005, 10:51 AM
ham is good

FF freak
05-10-2005, 01:00 PM
In China they don't know what they are saying. ALSO it is not a custom to date before marriage. So, when I walk down the street, men upon men grab my arm and say 'You so prettyful! You marry me ok!?'

Wow....do you know anyone that's taken a man's offer like that?