PDA

View Full Version : Chaos: DoS

Jakkko
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Chaos in final fantasy dawn of souls is soooo hard lol.
Is there any tips how to do it lol ( thinking about it i only tried to beat him 3 times :confused: )
I know he has a massive 20,000 health.
My team is:
Knight: lvl. 61 (excalibur)
Master: lvl. 60 (fists)
Ninja: lvl. 60 (masamune)
Red mage: lvl. 60 ( defender, but i normally use magic like haste :tongue: )
So how did you lot beat him ( i kicked every other bosses butt but not chaos)

ljkkjlcm9
05-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Have you done the special dungeons yet and gotten the really good weapons?

THE JACKEL

Jakkko
05-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I have done the Earthgift shrine and done some of the others i have the good weapons like excaliber n masamune, How good is the lightbringer sword and which boss dyou have to kill to get it?

YukiKiro
05-05-2005, 10:55 PM
go to the other special dungeons and level up some more.

JaytodaP
05-06-2005, 01:50 AM
He isnt hard at all... But then again I have the best of everything and I'm at level 99.(shinryu and omega are much harder.... trust me)

Rase
05-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Considering your team, it really shouldn't be too hard, except maybe the lack of Healing magic. I don't recall if the Red Wizard can uise these spells, but if you have them, use them:
Protetra
Any Nul spell (Nul Blaze, Nul All, etc.)
Healaga (if you have it, use it every turn after casting Protetera, unless he doesn't hurt you).

Anyway, I suggest having your Ninja cast Haste on everyone, with the RW using the above mentioned strategy. Knight and Master = Attack. Just keep your HP at at least half of thier maximum and you should be good. Worked for me at Level 50, anyway. Of course, he could be a complete jerk and cast Curaja, but eh.

Fireblade13
05-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Curaja doesn't fully cure him it only replanishes 9999 health.

Rase
05-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I didn't say it did. I simple said it's a pain when he uses it, more or less.

Also, just noticed this:

I have done the Earthgift shrine and done some of the others i have the good weapons like excaliber n masamune, How good is the lightbringer sword and which boss dyou have to kill to get it?

The Lightbringer sword is the Red Wizards best specific weapon (only he can use it). To get it you have to beat Doomgaze, which is a lot harder than Chaos, in my opinion.

JaytodaP
05-06-2005, 04:49 PM
What level are you on. 50 or 60 are fine to beat him.

Fireblade13
05-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Let me guess light bringer is from the hellfire chasm

Rase
05-07-2005, 12:15 AM
What level are you on. 50 or 60 are fine to beat him.

My team is:

:)

Let me guess light bringer is from the hellfire chasm

No, it's from Whisperwind Cove.

DJZen
05-07-2005, 12:54 AM
You really won't need it to beat Chaos. It's a fun thing to get, but it's totally unnecesarry.

Jakkko
05-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I did him lol,
It was easy and i dont know why lol, is he sometimes hard and sometimes easy??????

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2005, 11:38 AM
It depends on your tactics and whether he casts Curaja. Chaos will follow a set pattern of attacks (i.e. Tornado followed by Inferno followed by Flood etc. I forget the names / order), so the main thing is getting enough heavy hits in, healing enough, and hoping he doesn't heal himself, otherwise that's another 9999 hit points you have to deal with.

Fireblade13
05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
But at least after curaja you have your support magic I am having trouble getting to him {second time} because a 4 knight party i lacking against those stupid white d.'s

DJZen
05-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Two words: Judgement Staff

AlicetheMaster
05-24-2005, 12:07 AM
I was on my way to victory when that bastard used curaja.
My rockin' party are as follows:
Knight : Level 80
Master: Level 80
White Wizard: Level 81
Red Wizard: Level 81

Starboard Regulator FlareNUKE
05-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Because the Red Mage isn't exactly good in upper-level magic, you should get Magic-Casting Weapons, The Judgement Staff will prove invaluable for a Red Mage(*Availible in Bonus Dungeon Lifespring Grotto).

And as for the Lightbringer,(Which casts Holy, you must defeat Death Gaze, he's not hard compared to Omega and Shinyru, but it is a pain in the ass to go through 40 floors.) Is better equipped than being used, Holy isn't as effective as Flare,

Magaso
05-25-2005, 02:53 AM
I had:
Fighter:45
RW:45
BW:45
WW:45

I used the Temper+Haste Strategy+Giants Gloves
I activated all the Nul's and a few Protera's and Healaga
He was Easy, I used this Strat on Shinyru and Omega and Won too, And Death gaze.

Chaos -> :chop: <- Fighter With Haste and Temper

AlicetheMaster
05-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Well, I beat him. Took a while though.. he used curaja 37523970493806 times.

Creed
05-31-2005, 01:49 AM
.....I beat him no problem with that exact party just different levels....*takes Masumene from ninja and gives it to Master*
do that and use haste and cast it on every character by using HASTE/Ninja then HASTE/R.Wiz cast it on Knight then Master then to the ninja and R.Wiz. Then use the item that casts Sabre with the Knight then do it to the Master next round and Fight and prey with the Knight,Master,and Ninja Use the Red Wiz for reviving and Healing.....Then if the Red Wiz dies keep him/her down and use the Ninja for healing and reviving and fighting....If all the characters die exept Master or Knight Revive the other meaning:

->alive <-dead/going to be revived

Master revive Knight
Knight revive Master

Then Just Heal with Knight and fight with Master then when the characters are at a high enough Health stat Kick his @$$ to no F**king end and heal and repeat when needed.

Oh yeah My levels for Anihilating Chaos where

John-Knight-lv.29
Steven-Master-lv.29
Nathan-Ninja-lv.27
Debbie-R.Wiz-lv.19

It took me 2 tries and 9 hours to Anihilate him

It also depends on what Items you have so if you use your last Pheniox down on reviving the Knight or Master and the Master or Knight dies just take you soul and give it to Chaos(just kidding)give it you F**king all with that last character heal and use your @$$ kicking style to Anihilate Chaos

Butz
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
OK, what's FF DoS??

Craig
06-24-2005, 07:41 PM
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls, a Gameboy Advance remake of Final Fantasy 1 and 2.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Chaos is not really hard,actually.All my characters can use magic.Start the battle off with the RW or WW using Protera,& whoever is left in the party use the "Nul"spells.It is better whn you have a Knight in your party,assuming you've taught him one or two of the Nul spells.Let your WW or whoever do all the healing,& use Temper/Haste.You won't have to heal as much assuming you....

A)Levelled up significantly*65+,I believe*

B)Have the best armor for each of your characters.

Shinryu wasn't really hard.Omega was a pain in the ass,though.....DAMN he/she/it's defense was high.I suggest beating Shinryu first,assuming you have a Ninja in your party. He leaves a Murasame.It's stronger than the Masamune.If you don't have a Ninja,beat either one.If you can't,do as I say above [A or B]......It's almost the same strategy as Chaos,except you need to heal EVERY turn,becuase you don't know where that bastard is going to do next.If someone else finds a different strategy & beat him,I'll give you a cookie!

By the way,have the following items.......
1)Judgement Staff-Flare.'Nuff said :cool:
2)Alot of ether items-Your mage is running low on MP?Keep some in stock.
3)Megalixers-Beat Dragon Zombies for these.It's hard to get them,but it's worth it.
4)"Support Magic Items"-The only character in the game that doesn't use magic is the Master (Yes,after you giving Bahamut the Rat's Tail.)So,you don't really need rhese,unless you ran out of Megalixers or other MP healing Items.

crashNUMBERS
06-25-2005, 05:31 AM
Holy sh**!! 20,00!! Did they increase the difficulty in it?? Last time in the other versions it was only 2000...

Lon611
06-25-2005, 05:37 AM
He isnt hard at all... But then again I have the best of everything and I'm at level 99.(shinryu and omega are much harder.... trust me)

i thot i wud never beat them, even at level 99. and they took soooooo long.

neways, make sure u heal the entire every turn, and use ur black wizards staff (the one that casts Flare without using Mp). then, cast haste on ur ninja and knight, and attack!

also make sure u level up...maybe 10-15 shud be more than enough. just go thru the last dungeon again using a strategy guide or something. FF1 is the easiest game to level up in.

hope that helps :)

Sefie1999AD
06-25-2005, 11:03 AM
In NES, Chaos had 2000 HP. He had 4000 HP in WSC and PSX... and now he has 20,000 HP? :eek: However, as far as I've heard, FF1 DoS is a lot easier than the other FF1 versions, so you should be able to beat Chaos. I always beat him on levels 30-35 in the other versions, and I've seen people beat him on level ~20 in NES.

For your strategy, give the Knight your strongest weapon, Excalibur, Masamune or some other new weapon that's in the game. Cast Haste on him, and have someone cas Temper on him, and if you have an accessory that lets Knight cast Saber on himself, use it too. If you have a White Wizard, have her use A-Death and Wall on everyone. Temper and Saber stack up as far as I know, so in for a few turns, you should deal loads of damage. Then go and beat up Chaos. Have the others attack too. My Knight did 3500+ damage with his every attack after 4 Tempers in PSX. I know you have more MP for spells in DoS (Ninja only has MP for 4 Temper spells in PSX) so you can boost up the Knight's attack power even more there. In PSX, 3500+ damage is practically an instant kill move if you've had someone attack Chaos before. However, in DoS... well, it takes a while more. But if you boost up your Knight until he does 9999 damage, you should have no problem. :p

If everything else fails, level up. The levels seem to go up a lot faster in DoS than in other versions.

MushroomZOMBIE
06-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Lon611-black wizards staff (the one that casts Flare without using Mp).

Me-Judgement Staff

Some people would get confused if you said "Staff that casts *Insert Magic Name Here*".In this game,you won't know the effect of the weapon until you have it in your arsenal,go to the menu,& look it up.Plus,there are MANY staves that can cast magic in DoS.So,people would get confused,& it leads to long wandering to the Extra Dungeons.

Crossblades
06-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Chaos in final fantasy dawn of souls is soooo hard lol.
Is there any tips how to do it lol ( thinking about it i only tried to beat him 3 times :confused: )
I know he has a massive 20,000 health.
My team is:
So how did you lot beat him ( i kicked every other bosses butt but not chaos)

Strategy I used
My Knight used Ultima Weapon, my Black Wizard would use Flare and Haste, my White Wizard would heal or use Holy, and my Master would attack

Strategy you should use
Get Ultima Weapon from Doom Gaze(forgot which Dungeon), always use Haste on your strongest characters, use the Red Mages strongest spells and constantly heal

Aphelion
06-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Chaos is too easy...I was level 75 with almost all my characters when I defeated him...The main thing is: don't underestimate him, and always have a healer ready to revive your main attackers. That sound really stupid, but for stupid bosses, we use stupid ways XD.

Dignified Pauper
07-04-2005, 07:35 PM
he's not hard at all!

Actually, if you want hard chaos, go play the playstation version on normal difficulty and then i'll be impressed. :D