PDA

View Full Version : No EoEO For YOU, Sucka!

Shlup
05-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Have you ever been banned from EoEO? It's freaking ghey.

And if you're going to be a whiner or pansy about it, don't respond to this thread. Just go cry in your sad little corner.

I miss EoEO and EoW... There are like four threads in there right now that I want to participate in and I can't. ;_;

Gollum
05-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Are you going to tell us why you were banned?

Shlup
05-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I was banned because someone is a big baby! I called someone a name... Wah.

It was worth it though. :love:

Cuchulainn
05-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Have you ever been banned from EoEO? It's freaking ghey.

And if you're going to be a whiner or pansy about it, don't respond to this thread. Just go cry in your sad little corner.

No offence, but is that not what you are doing right now? I was banned for calling someone a name & distinctly remember your response to my feedback thread, and others which was less than helpful. This is just the same as other's 'whining', masked, camouflaged & posted in a different forum with a Get-Out Clause attached. Anyway I think it's best if I stay away fom there as best I can. Idiots roam there & I don't suffer fools gladly. Eestlinc has been very helpful & understanding but I don't want to test that.

Devourment
05-06-2005, 09:09 AM
Tsk, tsk. Bad Shlup. :p

I've never been banned... I never really even go in EoEO that much.

The Captain
05-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't think I've been banned from either forum, but my memory is not what it used to be...

Take care all.

Shlup
05-06-2005, 09:15 AM
No offence, but is that not what you are doing right now? I was banned for calling someone a name & distinctly remember your response to my feedback thread, and others which was less than helpful. This is just the same as other's 'whining', masked, camouflaged & posted in a different forum with a Get-Out Clause attached. Anyway I think it's best if I stay away fom there as best I can. Idiots roam there & I don't suffer fools gladly. Eestlinc has been very helpful & understanding but I don't want to test that.
I suppose I see how other could see it that way, but it really isn't my intention so, no, that's not what I'm doing right now. I've been the staff member whined at about this kind of stuff, so I'm not going to make a fuss about it. I mean "it's ghey" 'cause I'm bored; not because I'm mad about being banned.

This thread is just making conversation; not simply an excuse for me to whine. Promise. :grinpink:

Samuraid
05-06-2005, 09:16 AM
I have never really gone much to EoEo at all...not like a ban would mean anything. ;)

Resha
05-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Nope. Not yet. But I would hate it. :(

Meat Puppet
05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Everyone ignores my posts, so I have escaped several bans. Yay for me!

Ko Ko
05-06-2005, 09:50 AM
EoEO I'd feel pretty bad.
But EoTW I don't think would matter since I try with all my might and don't understand it anyway.

Shlup
05-06-2005, 09:57 AM
When you get banned from one, you can't see either. In case anyone was unaware.

I will take this opportunity of having less forums to post in to watch more episodes of Penn and Teller's Bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Hooray!

Resha
05-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Everyone ignores my posts, so I have escaped several bans. Yay for me!

Hiya MP. ;) You lie.

Jack
05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I've only been banned from Chat, but that was probably deserved since I kept calling someone a f**king t**t over and over, and spammed it.
I was having a bad day. *shrugs*

Other than that, I'm generally too nice to be banned.

boris no no
05-06-2005, 11:57 AM
never been banned from anything. i'm tooooooooooooo nice!
xD

Halifax Housewife
05-06-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm glad that Quack is banned. Now I don't have to listen to her HURTFUL COMMENTS! :(

omnitarian
05-06-2005, 01:53 PM
No, I'm a good little boy. :fpangel:

edczxcvbnm
05-06-2005, 02:18 PM
I have no been...which is shocking after I swear, make racist comments, talk about eating aborted fetuses and the like but I guess no one cares as none of it has been a personal attack. Thus you have the loop hole...except for that one time a complete slammed a couple of 13 year olds in EOEO for talking about how their life was over because they broke up. I slammed the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of those fools. Then I got backed up...but they had it coming!

:love:

Jojee
05-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Nope, I'm too nice/great/sexy/smart/super to be banned ^_^;

Dignified Pauper
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I really don't like to listen to people pour out their pathetic (for the most part) problems dealing with stupid relationships, or shrivelous fights with parents and friends. I've made a post in there about my coming out, but I think it was legitimate. I've seen plenty of legitimite posts in EoEo, but for the most part, they are whiners!

*HAIL's SCHLUP!*

Now, I visit EotW a little more often, just because I like politics and world news. However, some people's opinions irk me, not because they are extremist, but because they are extremists they usually have nothing to back anything up, and if they do, they present it in a horrible fashion.

*HAIL's SCHLUP*

stabs schlup JOJO in the back as he exits.

Devourment
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
I want to be banned from EoEO, you get that cool title under your name! :cool:

Only for a day though! :p

Skogs
05-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Nope. I know how to toe the line without crossing it. :evilking:

Devourment
05-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Nope, I'm too nice/great/sexy/smart/super to be banned ^_^;That's cheating, you can only have one. :p

Nod
05-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Nope, I'm too nice/great/sexy/smart/super to be banned ^_^;

Me 2. :D

Plus, i have cookies.
:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

fire_of_avalon
05-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Yep.

Old Manus
05-06-2005, 03:47 PM
I am banned.

Devourment
05-06-2005, 04:26 PM
I am banned.No you're not.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-06-2005, 04:32 PM
if you apologies to whoever you insulted can you get back in? :choc:

Jojee
05-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Marick: *stabbity* Don't put yourself against the goddess. xD

TisWas: It's not cheating if it's true ;)

Nod: I have monkeys. :monkey: *wins*

I love EoEO, it is funny ^.^

Devourment
05-06-2005, 04:35 PM
TisWas: It's not cheating if it's true ;)Proof!!

I've never seen a pic of you! :tongue: :greenie:

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-06-2005, 04:35 PM
It does suck, quite immensely.

DMKA
05-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Nope!

Rainecloud
05-06-2005, 05:30 PM
I've never been banned from EoEo, but there's plenty of time for that to happen in the future. I don't post in there very often, but when I do, it's usually because I see something that simply has to be corrected.

I try to stay out of EoEo because of the "this is my opinion, and even if it's wrong, you can't correct it" nonsense that appears in almost every thread. As soon as I begin to notice some sensible discussion, I might start posting in there again.

DMKA
05-06-2005, 05:34 PM
I've never been banned from EoEo, but there's plenty of time for that to happen in the future. I don't post in there very often, but when I do, it's usually because I see something that simply has to be corrected.

I try to stay out of EoEo because of the "this is my opinion, and even if it's wrong, you can't correct it" nonsense that appears in almost every thread. As soon as I begin to notice some sensible discussion, I might start posting in there again.
It's just you.

Rainecloud
05-06-2005, 05:36 PM

It's just you.

No it's not.

DMKA
05-06-2005, 05:37 PM

It's just you.

No it's not.
Yes it is.

MoonsEcho
05-06-2005, 06:09 PM
I haven't been banned from them, but that's because I stay away from them most of the time or I WOULD be banned. Most everything in those forums pisses me off.

Samuraid
05-06-2005, 06:15 PM

Those words are worth gold.

Nod
05-06-2005, 06:25 PM

Why?
Because as long as no 'sensible discussion' takes place, it means Rainecloud won't post there?

Flying Mullet
05-06-2005, 06:27 PM

It's just you.

No it's not.
Yes it is.
You're both wrong and I'm right and I could have sworn I replied to this thread and DMKA responded to my quote.

Cybele
05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Never been banned from them before. I don't visit them very often though. EoW almost never. I kind of stear clear of EoEO because I have very...temperamental opinions about certain things and I would get myself banned from it. :greenie:

TasteyPies
05-06-2005, 07:05 PM
no, quit complaining :P

Psychotic
05-06-2005, 07:07 PM

It's just you.

No it's not.
Yes it is.
You're both wrong and I'm right and I could have sworn I replied to this thread and DMKA responded to my quote.
You'd be wrong if you were right.

I think spam should be allowed in EoEO and EotW. Whilst everyone's going crazy at the conservatives I could come in and start accusing them all of being giraffes. Ah, sweet bliss.

Samuraid
05-06-2005, 07:09 PM

Why?
Because as long as no 'sensible discussion' takes place, it means Rainecloud won't post there?

His description of EoEo is quite accurate in many cases.

I think spam should be allowed in EoEO and EotW. Whilst everyone's going crazy at the conservatives I could come in and start accusing them all of being giraffes. Ah, sweet bliss.

Somehow, that sounds like it would improve that part of the forums. :rolleyes2

Halifax Housewife
05-06-2005, 07:11 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing you post there again, Raine. Everyone <i>has</i> their own opinion and it does not need to be "corrected." You're not always right, you know. Seems like you're trying to say that the place is crumbling apart without you. :rolleyes2

Glendon
05-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I really don't like to listen to people pour out their pathetic (for the most part) problems dealing with stupid relationships, or shrivelous fights with parents and friends. I've made a post in there about my coming out, but I think it was legitimate. I've seen plenty of legitimite posts in EoEo, but for the most part, they are whiners!

Yeah, there is definately a large percentage of hilarious teen angst. Yet it doesn't bother me because I am not forced to read it. :Oo:

On a related note: I had a ban threat in EoEO for posting the "jeff goldblum is watching you poop" image macro.

gokufusionss1
05-06-2005, 07:15 PM
i got banned from eoeo for a joke that didn't translate, i.e the person who read it had no sense of humour. Shame though it can be quite funny at times " my cat died today now i want to kill myself."

SilverWind
05-06-2005, 10:29 PM
EoEO...and EoW?

Peegee
05-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I've been banned from EoEo like..thrice? Twice?

^_^

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-06-2005, 10:44 PM
TisWas: It's not cheating if it's true ;)Proof!!

I've never seen a pic of you! :tongue: :greenie:look in the album :p

Shlup
05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm glad that Quack is banned. Now I don't have to listen to her HURTFUL COMMENTS! :(
I'm not banned from AIM, sucka.

if you apologies to whoever you insulted can you get back in? :choc:
Why would I want to do that? :p

Samuraid
05-06-2005, 11:16 PM
What would be very ironic, if a CK or admin moved this topic into EoEo or Eow. That would be crazy. :p

Martyr
05-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Yeah, twice.

Once it was because I was testing the limits though. I just realize that I'm loosed again though, so I'll go in and get harrangued for being a jackass (And I'll deserve it a little, but not too much) until I'm banned again.

Apollo
05-06-2005, 11:22 PM
No I haven't been banned from EoEO or EoTW.
No matter how much I try, I just can't be mean. ;) Seriously... Trust me, I've tried. Just can't do it. Can anyone teach me? xD No, I'm serious about that too. :cool:

nik0tine
05-06-2005, 11:27 PM
I was banned once for saying "J00 R wr0ngZ!!11" or something similar. Spiff was banned at the same time for saying something similar to what I had said. I guess it's an Arizona thing.

Martyr
05-06-2005, 11:29 PM
No matter how much I try, I just can't be mean. ;) Seriously... Trust me, I've tried. Just can't do it. Can anyone teach me? xD No, I'm serious about that too. :cool:

You gotta have a dull wit to be mean. You're probably funny, unlike me.

Try to make a bad joke out of what somebody says that you disagree with.

For example:
Good Joke: Why was 6 afraid of 7? 'cause 7 8 9!
Me joke that gets misconstrued and gets me banned: Why was 7 afraid of 8? Because 8 9 10!!!

Do crap like that and people will hate you enough to ban you.

Flying Mullet
05-06-2005, 11:42 PM
EoEO...and EoW?
<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4">Eyes on Each Other</a> and <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49">Eyes on the World</a>

Sasquatch
05-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I got banned somewhat recently, and after making a thread in Feedback and it being proven that the person who banned me did so because they took a general non-insulting comment as a specific personal attack and acted out of their "anger", nothing was reversed. Maybe we should have a "drunk tank" so CKs and such that get mad won't abuse their power until they cool down, so they don't do something stupid.

But hell, I'll spend my time away from it, then march back into EOTW and piss off more people with my racist, sexist, homophobic, elitist, radical Christian ultra-right-wing extremist comments.

Apollo
05-06-2005, 11:56 PM

You gotta have a dull wit to be mean. You're probably funny, unlike me.

Try to make a bad joke out of what somebody says that you disagree with.

For example:
Good Joke: Why was 6 afraid of 7? 'cause 7 8 9!
Me joke that gets misconstrued and gets me banned: Why was 7 afraid of 8? Because 8 9 10!!!

Do crap like that and people will hate you enough to ban you.
Thanks, I'll try that sometime. xD :D

Kirobaito
05-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I never post in EoEO or EoW, because I don't care about other people's problems, or the world. So I can't be banned.

Samuraid
05-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Yeah, I got banned somewhat recently, and after making a thread in Feedback and it being proven that the person who banned me did so because they took a general non-insulting comment as a specific personal attack and acted out of their "anger", nothing was reversed. Maybe we should have a "drunk tank" so CKs and such that get mad won't abuse their power until they cool down, so they don't do something stupid.

But hell, I'll spend my time away from it, then march back into EOTW and piss off more people with my racist, sexist, homophobic, elitist, radical Christian ultra-right-wing extremist comments.

Yeah, I generally get pissed off whenever I read EoW for some of the same reasons. Some claim to be "fair" and "objective" but are just as biased as everyone else. If everyone would stop the "your opinions are wrong so let me lord my 'correct' opinions over you in an irresponsible way" demeanor, conversations would certainly improve. I'm sure a post such as this would get me banned if it were in EoW...that's why I haven't posted there recently.

Meat Puppet
05-07-2005, 02:01 AM
I had a dream I got banned last night, and I had to go to jail for 7 days. I wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. :(

Flying Mullet
05-07-2005, 02:03 AM
The banning or the jail sex?

ZeZipster
05-07-2005, 02:13 AM
Poor Sucka (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/member.php?u=11418).

Although I was banned for quite sometime from EoEO also. I remember it like yesterday.. Me making a HOORJ = God reference in some emotionally long-winded thread. But I served my time. Now I'm like... totally gangsta. I traded a cigarette carton for Psychotic.

DMKA
05-07-2005, 02:21 AM
I never post in EoEO or EoW, because I don't care about other people's problems, or the world. So I can't be banned.
Quit with that attitude...it's making me randy.

Calliope
05-07-2005, 04:23 AM
Yes, I have.

Ta for the sig again <3

XxSephirothxX
05-07-2005, 04:26 AM
I've never been banned, but I've had a few things in mind to say that probably would have caused me to be so. :D

disapointedchild
05-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Never been banned, but oh so much I want to join the crowd. :)

-N-
05-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Nope. I know how to toe the line without crossing it. :evilking:

Rainecloud
05-07-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing you post there again, Raine. Everyone <i>has</i> their own opinion and it does not need to be "corrected." You're not always right, you know. Seems like you're trying to say that the place is crumbling apart without you. :rolleyes2

No, that's not what I meant. :p

It just annoys me when I see something that's blatantly wrong and stupid, yet the member who posted it will not accept any advice, counsel or correction because it's his/her "opinion". Maybe I exaggerated a little when I said it happened in every thread, but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say.

EoEo doesn't need me at all, but I do enjoy trying to help out those in distress by giving advice now and again. It's probably not very good advice, but I try nonetheless. I'm also sure that most of the other EoEo devotees are posting in there with good intentions, and that's nice to see.

It's a good forum, but people need to understand that in some cases, there's a big difference between a fact and an opinion.

Loony BoB
05-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm with Rainecloud for the most part. EoEO is too much of the same thing over and over again (we should have a stickied FAQ with stuff like how to ask a girl out and how to deal with a breakup) and EoTW gives me a headache.

and yeah shlup god quit your whining geez.........

Skogs
05-07-2005, 11:32 AM
(we should have a stickied FAQ with stuff like how to ask a girl out and how to deal with a breakup)

Genius. :D

Shlup
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm with Rainecloud for the most part. EoEO is too much of the same thing over and over again (we should have a stickied FAQ with stuff like how to ask a girl out and how to deal with a breakup) and EoTW gives me a headache.

<s>and yeah shlup god quit your whining geez.........</s> i am a fatty omg look at my rump
TOO BAD YOU'RE TOO STOOPID TO MAKE SAID FAQ.

Rainecloud
05-07-2005, 11:55 AM

<s>and yeah shlup god quit your whining geez.........</s> i am a fatty omg look at my rump
TOO BAD YOU'RE TOO STOOPID TO MAKE SAID FAQ.

You make it then.

theundeadhero
05-07-2005, 01:04 PM
Shlups gonna get banned from GC for flaming BoB now :D

Dr.K
05-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Haven't been banished from the realms of EoEo and EotW yet. Someone should start a cult though.

SilverWind
05-07-2005, 04:23 PM
EoEO...and EoW?
<a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4">Eyes on Each Other</a> and <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49">Eyes on the World</a>

^^; oh, right.

Del Murder
05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Boy, I never realized how annoying Shlup is. I guess that admin title was holding her back.

DMKA
05-07-2005, 05:37 PM
(we should have a stickied FAQ with stuff like how to ask a girl out and how to deal with a breakup)
This is, in all seriousness, a great idea that I think should be followed through with.

Jojee
05-07-2005, 05:46 PM
No it isn't :p Maybe we should post a sticky thread about how to deal with parents, how to deal with diseases, the whatnots of friendship, etc, and then close EoEO ^_~ People want to post about their breakups, then let them. Each one is different and you shoudn't generalize ^_- If you don't wanna read it, then don't!

I like the new SChlup, more spammy than ever before :love:

DMKA
05-07-2005, 05:51 PM
No it isn't :p Maybe we should post a sticky thread about how to deal with parents, how to deal with diseases, the whatnots of friendship, etc, and then close EoEO ^_~ People want to post about their breakups, then let them. Each one is different and you shoudn't generalize ^_- If you don't wanna read it, then don't!

I like the new SChlup, more spammy than ever before :love:
No, everyone is the same! Just like people who want terrorism! :D

Jojee
05-07-2005, 05:53 PM
We are one!

One of us, one of us, one of us...

*terrorizes EoFF* n__n

Mmm yummy pandas. :fpdev:

Halifax Housewife
05-07-2005, 10:34 PM
I love lamp.

DMKA
05-07-2005, 10:35 PM
I love lamp.
*is offended*

Halifax Housewife
05-07-2005, 10:43 PM
BUT ONLY I AM RIGHT. YOU ARE WRONG.

Shlup
05-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Boy, I never realized how annoying Shlup is. I guess that admin title was holding her back.
It's sad 'cause it's true.

Raistlin
05-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Distinct difference - you whined about how the staff is prejudiced and evil. Shlup didn't make any comments about Staff and their judgement, and is merely stating how she wishes she could participate in those threads.

Holy crap, I'm sticking up for Shlup. *hell freezes over*

CloudSquallandZidane
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM

And u said i was overreacting when i PM'd u that one time about her... geez...

No, but seriously let me take this time to thank Shlup, for her excellent adminship in the past and more importantly for giving me this change to gloat: Nah-Nah-Nuh-Nuh-Nah-Nah-Nah-Nah-Nuh-Nuh-Nah-Nah!!!

Oh, yeh btw never been banned. <s>The funny thing is i cross the line habitually, like just now!!!</s>

Endless
05-08-2005, 01:47 AM

http://lopez.famille.free.fr/images/hellfreeze.gif

Cuchulainn
05-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Distinct difference - you whined about how the staff is prejudiced and evil. Shlup didn't make any comments about Staff and their judgement, and is merely stating how she wishes she could participate in those threads.

:rolleyes2

Raistlin
05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Yeah, Bleys must be wondering what the hell's going on.

EDIT: In response to Raf.

theundeadhero
05-08-2005, 04:24 AM
Holy crap, I'm sticking up for Shlup. *hell freezes over*ShlupRSL (Raistlin's Secret Lover)

I've been warning you all *DooM DooM DooM*

Yeah, Bleys must be wondering what the hell's going on.
I wonder what he's been up to. Haven't seen him here much since April.

Samuraid
05-08-2005, 07:24 AM
I wonder what he's been up to. Haven't seen him here much since April.

Maybe you can find out if Spat is around as well.

Rainecloud
05-08-2005, 08:00 AM
It's sad 'cause it's true.

Quite right.

Now that you're no longer an Admin, I don't see any point in you posting at all. ;)

Shlup
05-08-2005, 08:39 AM
Yet another thread gone horribly wrong as soon as Raistlin showed up.

DMKA
05-08-2005, 08:43 AM
Oh, I was thinking it was because of me.

How dissapointing. :(

The Redneck
05-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Hell, I've spent more time banned from this forum than I've spent unbanned--and a couple of folks got their eyes on me, so I'm sure I'll continue to have something to brag about to them every few weeks.

And considering that SchlupQuack took advantage of my most recent banning to throw a few insults my way, I feel a rather joyous lack of sympathy for her current condition.

DMKA
05-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Hell, I've spent more time banned from this forum than I've spent unbanned--and a couple of folks got their eyes on me, so I'm sure I'll continue to have something to brag about to them every few weeks.

And considering that SchlupQuack took advantage of my most recent banning to throw a few insults my way, I feel a rather joyous lack of sympathy for her current condition.
SchlupQuack? Who's that?

theundeadhero
05-08-2005, 03:00 PM
:banme

Raistlin
05-08-2005, 03:24 PM

Oh I don't feel <i>any</i> sympathy for her. I think it was a fair ban(even if I wouldn't have done it myself). However, I was merely pointing out the distinctiion that she wasn't whining and bitching to the Staff and accusing them of bias and unfairness before even listening to what they have to say.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 05:07 PM
We don't mind either way, really.

The Redneck
05-08-2005, 05:44 PM
However, I was merely pointing out the distinctiion that she wasn't whining and bitching to the Staff and accusing them of bias and unfairness before even listening to what they have to say.
That's because there wasn't any bias and unfairness involved in ShlupQuack's banning. Funny how that works, ain't it?

Rainecloud
05-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Isn't it funny - you don't miss something when you have it, but when it's gone, you want it desperately. I lost my watch the other week, and I really, really wanted to find it. However, before I lost it, I wasn't even bothered about it, and I never looked at it.

The point is (and what I'm really trying to say is) - you don't miss EoEo until you're banned from it.

So don't get banned from it, kids. :)

Halifax Housewife
05-08-2005, 06:34 PM
I still don't understand why we're all still whining about this. If you're banned, then move on. It's not like your life is going to end because you can't go to Eoee anymore.. (infact, your life is probably BETTER now that you're banned from there.) :p

Rainecloud
05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
(infact, your life is probably BETTER now that you're banned from there.) :p

On second thoughts, you're probably right.

Listen to the voice of reason. :p

Halifax Housewife
05-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Now if Rainecloud was banned, then EoFF would be amazing. ;)

DMKA
05-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Isn't it funny - you don't miss something when you have it, but when it's gone, you want it desperately.
This is too true.

Raistlin
05-09-2005, 01:14 AM
However, I was merely pointing out the distinctiion that she wasn't whining and bitching to the Staff and accusing them of bias and unfairness before even listening to what they have to say.
That's because there wasn't any bias and unfairness involved in ShlupQuack's banning. Funny how that works, ain't it?
Maybe because she's intelligent enough(is this me?) to realize that Staff does their job as well as they can, and if you want to make an actual suggestion instead of just spouting arrogant nonsense, you politely make your case instead of running in with mocking accusations.

Typical conversation:

"Hey, I was banned unfairly from EoEO! There were plenty of people saying worse things than me!"
"Did you Warn any of them?"
"Well...no."

Now, you thought Shlup was out of line, and you Warned her, and she was banned. Funny how that works out, doesn't it? And she didn't go around yelling accusations as to how she was unfairly banned to make an example of a Former Staffer to show there's no bias, which she could have.
Oh, but I forgot, Shlup's conservative. I guess the Staff still has that liberal bias going.

Big D
05-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Oh, but I forgot, Shlup's conservative. I guess the Staff still has that liberal bias going.Yep, there's no-one we detest more than Shlup:<3:
Yeah, I got banned somewhat recently, and after making a thread in Feedback and it being proven that the person who banned me did so because they took a general non-insulting comment as a specific personal attack and acted out of their "anger", nothing was reversed. Maybe we should have a "drunk tank" so CKs and such that get mad won't abuse their power until they cool down, so they don't do something stupid.Maybe we should Drunk Tank people who can't read properly?:p You got a perfectly clear explanation in your Feedback thread. The staff unanimously agreed that your ban was valid. You made deliberate, personal attacks and got denied. Too bad if you come back later and pretend there was nothing personal about it. Res ipsa loquitur, dude. However, you DID get a ban reduction, because your ban was longer than normal, on account of you directing your abuse at a moderator and getting him riled up. Instead of thee weeks, you got reduced to just under two. Less than the normal period.

Don't like it? Too bad:p

DMKA
05-09-2005, 01:56 AM
No. You can't just go around drunk tanking anyone. It's an honor only a select few were meant to hold.

Big D
05-09-2005, 01:59 AM
HOOT, Linus, DMKA... yup, that's some distinguished company. Actually, the Drunk Tank list could almost double as a de facto "Hall of Fame".

Psychotic
05-09-2005, 02:02 AM
You forgot Endless, D.

Raistlin
05-09-2005, 02:02 AM
Raf, too. :p

Cuchulainn
05-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Maybe because she's intelligent enough(is this me?) to realize that Staff does their job as well as they can, and if you want to make an actual suggestion instead of just spouting arrogant nonsense, you politely make your case instead of running in with mocking accusations.

Typical conversation:

"Hey, I was banned unfairly from EoEO! There were plenty of people saying worse things than me!"
"Well...no."

Now, you thought Shlup was out of line, and you Warned her, and she was banned. Funny how that works out, doesn't it? And she didn't go around yelling accusations as to how she was unfairly banned to make an example of a Former Staffer to show there's no bias, which she could have.
Oh, but I forgot, Shlup's conservative. I guess the Staff still has that liberal bias going.

Although I don't see myself ever actually warning a post, you do carry a valid point.

Leeza
05-09-2005, 02:24 AM
...and Master Vivi. :)

EDIT: This is in response to Psy and RSL.

EDIT2: Dang it! Change you av, Raistlin!

Raistlin
05-09-2005, 02:55 AM
But I like this av. :(

Oh, and poo on you, Psy, for pointing out Raf before me. :p

Big D
05-09-2005, 03:30 AM
I wasn't trying to give a complete list... rather, I named but a small sample of those who have been Drunk Tanked, as a demonstration of the kind of people who have such calibre as to hold that mighty position.

Sasquatch
05-09-2005, 04:30 AM
Maybe we should Drunk Tank people who can't read properly?:p You got a perfectly clear explanation in your Feedback thread. The staff unanimously agreed that your ban was valid. You made deliberate, personal attacks and got denied. Too bad if you come back later and pretend there was nothing personal about it. Res ipsa loquitur, dude. However, you DID get a ban reduction, because your ban was longer than normal, on account of you directing your abuse at a moderator and getting him riled up. Instead of thee weeks, you got reduced to just under two. Less than the normal period.

Don't like it? Too bad:p

It was a general comment. Most everybody in that Feedback thread agreed that the comment was true. The moderator severely misunderstood the comment and took it as a "deliberate, personal attack", when in reality, it was no such thing. I got a ban reduction because the moderator that banned me (partially) pulled his head--err, umm, came to his senses--and realized that the ban was, and is, bogus. (I'd also like to point out that the reason I made a thread in Feedback was because a few days after the ban, I had still gotten no response to my PMs to the moderator that banned me.)

Thirteen people responded to that thread. Fourteen if I include myself. Twelve, without myself or the mod that banned me. Of those twelve, six made direct comments regarding the fairness of this specific instance, and some voiced their opinions on the general bias or lack thereof of the moderation here. Of those six, four agreed that the banning was uncalled for. Describing the banning with terms like "absurd", "wrong", "extreme", and "ridiculous". At least one of those four was somebody with whom I debate(d) quite often. It would be five out of eight if I included myself and the mod that banned me.

If the (or any) moderator can't put his (or her) petty feelings aside and fulfill his (or her) duties as a moderator fairly, maybe a moderating position is too much responsibility for that person to handle.

I debated with a mod. The mod didn't understand what I was saying, so not only did they take it personally, they acted rashly in response to that imaginary personal attack.

eestlinc
05-09-2005, 04:42 AM
We're not going to sit here and rehash this.

The Redneck
05-09-2005, 04:51 AM
Don't you love how "The Mods have spoken, and no, we are not biased" is a thorough and perfectly clear explanation?

Typical conversation:

"Well...no."
Actually, I did, and quite a few of them made comments considerably more imflammatory than anything I'd said, and yet didn't get banned--and I know they were warned because I hit the button myself. Any other non-existant conversations to relate?

Previously, I hadn't used the "Warn" option--just because I might get my tender little feelings hurt, I figured, is no excuse to try and get people kicked off a forum. Even after getting banned, I made no claim that I shouldn't have been (I did, after all, call some guy a worthless loser who should be hurled into a pine box and tossed into the nearest abandoned mine--Sasquatch's banning, on the other hand, was indeed ridiculous.). My complaint was, and still is, the proportions to which the penalty is applied, and the double-standards thereof--I can dig out the list again, if you like. This complaint was greated with "No, we're not biased, and that's the end of it--oh, and you're an asshole, too. Now the thread's closed so you can't respond", and that's when I got Warn-happy.

you politely make your case instead of running in with mocking accusations.
It's been done. The mod who did the banning stated the ultimate defense ("We are mods, and you mortals have no right to question our omniscience"), a few of their supporters jumped in to toss out a few random insults, and then the thread got closed. That's the way to make progress, there....

Leeza
05-09-2005, 04:53 AM

eestlinc
05-09-2005, 04:53 AM
Perhaps you misunderstood.

edit: lol @ Leeza.

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2005, 04:54 AM
I am so conflicted. I want to disagree with Redneck but that would also mean that I would agree with the staff...which is something I just can't do. There is no way out for me...OOOH NOES :whoa:

Big D
05-09-2005, 05:03 AM
Do what you do best: Disagee with everyone!
Staff suck for being inflexible and self-important, but the regulars who're complaining don't really know what's going on because they don't understand the nature of forum modding. Something like that, anyway.

Sasquatch
05-09-2005, 05:18 AM
(The Redneck made two short comments concerning my specific situation, the rest of his post concerned the attitude of the forum in general. He's not "rehashing" anything. For that matter, neither was I, only somewhat defending myself and shedding some light on the situation for the people that don't know much about it.)

(EDIT: And surprise surprise, some of the "regulars" here have modded forums too, and fully understand the "nature of forum modding", which is how they can find problems and disagree with the nature of this forum's modding.)

Del Murder
05-09-2005, 05:50 AM
I've never been banned from either forum.

The Redneck
05-09-2005, 05:52 AM
One quick note....

Now, you thought Shlup was out of line, and you Warned her, and she was banned. Funny how that works out, doesn't it?
Raistlin was indeed correct--after seeing Shlup claim that I deserved banning and then make a greater offense, I clicked the Warn button, noting that she referred to another poster as an "abrasive ass" while I got busted two weeks earlier for calling someone "moron". Eventually, she was banned.

But since no one, including myself, disputed that I was the one who issued the Warning, that's just background info. What I'd like to call attention to is that Raistlin, who is not a member of the staff, was aware of who issued the Warning.

I'm not sure if the Warn process is supposed to be anonymous--and indeed, I have nowhere seen any claims or assurances that the process is anonymous--but clearly, it is not.

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 06:58 AM
I didn't even know there was a warn button, I got scolded for not using it. I should've paid more attention to those "Important" threads.

theundeadhero
05-09-2005, 08:32 AM
What I'd like to call attention to is that Raistlin, who is not a member of the staff, was aware of who issued the Warning.
He's Former Staff, which means he was staff at one time.
This whole situation is like some of the April Fools festivities come true :(

Shlup
05-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Raistlin probably assumed you warned my post, Redneck, because I said you did. I said you did just out of assumption because of the way BoB laughed as he banned me, when, if he had done so of his own choice, he would've given me a tsk tsk and a sad face.

My comments about you have nothing to do with your banning or taking advantage of anything. If you were banned at the time my comments were made, I didn't notice.

So, anyways, can we please not infest this thread with more arguing about bannings? This is to talk about whether or not you have been banned; not whether or not the liberal majority is out to get you omg. Or something.

If someone gets this thread closed because of this nonsense I will be sad. Please keep your feedback in the Feedback Forum, PM, or, in cases that have already been addressed, up your ass.

DMKA
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I was banned without reason.

Big D
05-09-2005, 10:44 AM
So, anyways, can we please not infest this thread with more arguing about bannings? This is to talk about whether or not you have been banned; not whether or not the liberal majority is out to get you omg. Or something.

If someone gets this thread closed because of this nonsense I will be sad. Please keep your feedback in the Feedback Forum, PM, or, in cases that have already been addressed, up your ass.