PDA

View Full Version : One of the Worst FF Ever!

Adam 77
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
What can i say this game is a big dissapointment from the characters being so boring, and to similar to each other for instance zidane and amarant both theif's, garnet and eiko summoners, and the best similar people are albert and freya both knights, and yes i do know dragoon knight, and pluto knight whatever but at the end of the day they are still knights. (so yeah matty pie remember me!)

The story was lacking so much at times i thought what is the bloody point :confused: some bloody gemome theif trying to save the world from some werid looking girly version,of sephroth, i mean come on give up dude!!!!. The reason i think this is firstly white hair, the way he acts, and the fact being that zidane has something to do with kuja, (just like cloud and sephroth) So really yes it's my opinion and i just thought squaresoft wasted their time :( . So feel free to show your opinion's on here i will be more than welcome to reply to your comment's.

sayen
05-06-2005, 01:18 PM
omfg zidane is a tief and armant is more a ninja class frya is a dragoon knight and stiners a guy with rusty armur/knight garnet is a summoner eiko is a white mage lol quina is a blue mage vivi is black mage. the relsasoship between zidane and kuja is that they are brothers and mikoto is his sister necon i dunno why hes there just a extera end boss i foud the story quite slow to get of the ground but it explaended itself rarther well so i and most people here probibly do that you shuld get banned

Chris
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
The story was lacking so much at times i thought what is the bloody point.

You didn't care to pay any attention at all.
Personally I thought was great, it was happening and it also had just the right amount of plot-twists.
Maybe you should replay the game, but this time actually pay attention to what's happening.

And by the way, Amarant is a Ninja/ Monk, not a thief.

Adam 77
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Look my point of view just like like everyone else and no way should i get banned only speaking my mind here and i just think this game sucks :tongue: so there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
05-06-2005, 02:34 PM
What? I never said you weren't intitled to your own point of view.
We're having a discussion, that's all.
It's not personal.

sayen
05-06-2005, 02:36 PM
you dident chris i DID i belive that people who ff9 shuld go find an ff9 haters forum so people will agree with em instead of getting flamed/banned

Adam 77
05-06-2005, 02:37 PM
I did pay attention look dude i played the game it was total failure so boring, and no way did the plot changes interest me one bit you could just tell it was going to happen for instance zidane and kuja being brothers i mean come on they both got tails u could just see it happeneing. If you want to play final fantasy's play any of them apart from x-2 and 9 cause they are the worst ones going but that's my opinion tho.

sayen
05-06-2005, 03:20 PM
i apolagise you have a right to have and share your opion its just you said that armant was a thef and eiko was a summoer

ThroneofDravaris
05-06-2005, 04:09 PM
I think you missed the point of FFIX. It was supposed to be a reflection upon all of the Classical FF game (ie, 1-6) rather than a stand alone game in itself. If FFIX was lacking in a story ( I didn’t think so, but that’s obviously your opinion), it was because most of the original FF games had very vague story lines as well (except 6, which had one of the best), all the focus was put on game play and side quests. FFIX was supposed to show people that, at one time, FF games used to be good.

kawaiileena
05-06-2005, 04:15 PM
FF9? The Worst? OHOHOHOHOHOH!!!!

No way, dude. Actually, FF9 might not be the best among the rest, but its still a good game! It never sucked! Yes, I do admit, the story might get a little too predicatable... so? So what? it has a lot of twists, dude! Oh yeah, about the classes. But excuse me, it's not what ya think.

Chris is right. Amarant's not a thief! He's a monk! And about Freya and Steiner? Sure, they both be knights, but its different in another way! Dragon Knights and Pluto Knights are not the same (to me actually) and like Sayen said, Garnet is much more like the summoner who has some white magic and Eiko is more like the white mage!

And the story is not lacking. Like Chris said, you can get the plot if you pay it MORE attention. But wait! you can't! You said you DID pay it some attention. Or maybe you were too busy rambling how boring it is that you didn't get to appreciate how great it is! sigh...

But anyway, I respect your opinion. If you think it's the worse, okay, fine. We have our own opinions and our own perspectives. I'm sure there are many of us who don't think the same.

But maybe it would be better if you post this in another section where there are ff9 haterzz, not here, because you're hurting *our* feelings (or not?! hehhehe).

DMKA
05-06-2005, 05:44 PM
It was ok. It's my least favorite personally...but I hardly think it sucks.

Strawberry Gashes
05-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Mind giving reasons for saying it's horrible other than 'There are two Summoners' and that Kuja was a cross dresser? The game was well done, and one of the few FF games that I can actually enjoy these days. Yes, there were some useless characters like Amarant, Eiko, and Quina, but what RPG doesn't have a character or two that you can do without?

Also, Kuja > Sephiroth for all intensive purposes.

Yuffie514
05-06-2005, 06:35 PM
it came short of some of my expectations, but hey, it doesn't suck. every FF has its own. Tetra Master is great, your chocobo being at its most loyal (not running away when you get off) is great, the music is eerily great.

TurkSlayer
05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
I loved this game. Its my third favorite, tied with FFT. I seriously don't believe you paid any attention to it. The class thing has already been explained, so I don't need to waste my time dohat. And I'm curious, what could possible possess you to make you go on a sie full of Final Fantasy fan and talk about how much you hate one of the game. I just don't see the logic in it.

Mercen-X
05-06-2005, 07:50 PM
zidane and kuja being brothers i mean come on they both got tailsUm . . . dude . . . you can't see Kuja's tail during the story. He removed so he wouldn't be like the others. It only grows back when he finally achieves Trance.
at the end of the day they are still knights.Did you ever play FF4? Did you think that Cecil and Kain were just knights? Did you have a problem with then?
Giving every FREAKIN character a unique job title is not what an RPG is about!

. . . and the characters are very different if you'd sit and watch the opening screen for a while.

Zidane is a virtuous thief. Garnet is devoted to her kingdom. Adelbert is uncertain of his loyalty to the Queen. Freya is heartbroken because her love has forgotten her. Vivi is uncertain of his own existence. Amarant is an arrogant loner who believes that uncertainty is the only sure thing about the future. Quina is a gluttonous Qu who takes everything for himself and is confused when people see it as wrong. Eiko is a lonely little girl who just wants to be with everyone else.

Masamune·1600
05-06-2005, 08:03 PM
zidane and kuja being brothers i mean come on they both got tailsUm . . . dude . . . you can't see Kuja's tail during the story. He removed so he wouldn't be like the others. It only grows back when he finally achieves Trance.

Actually, it seems more likely that Kuja has the tail the entire game. He just keeps it hidden. This is suggested by the following segment of dialogue:

Zidane: Alike? I've never met anyone like me...

Garland: You judge by appearances. I mean someone with a soul similar
to yours. The one I sent to Gaia might also be called your brother... And
his name is Kuja.

Zidane: Kuja!? He's a Genome!? Impossible! He doesn't even have a tail...

Garland: He is only hiding it. He denies his own identity. He rejects
the meaning of his existence and tries to assert his own individuality.
Don't you see resemblance?

The fact remains, of course, that the player wouldn't be aware of this fact until the above dialogue takes place.

Buccura
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
First off, putting IX on the same level as X-2 seriously pisses me off, but I'll stay calm.

Ok, first of, how the characters are not THAT similar. Sure, they are somewhat similar in classes, but in personallity there are plenty of differences. Like for Zidane and Aramant, Zidane is a carefree, virtious (I cant spell) person whilst Aramant is pretty much someone who doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. Then you have Eiko and Dagger. Dagger is sorta similar to Eiko, but she is a much more mature version as Eiko is basically this spunky young girl who doesn't fear anything. Then you have Steiner compared with Freya. They are both knights and follow a code, however Steiner is more closed minded then Freya, he is completely dedicated to bringing the Dagger back to Alexandra and trusts hardly anyone, whilst Freya is dedicated to saving Burmecia and Clyria (sp), but welcomes the help of Zidane and the others. And personally, I think this has some of the most memorable characters in the series. Because for starters, Zidane isn't some cold hearted mercinary or some quiet angsty teenager. He actually has LIFE in him, and has a sense of humor.

Now onto to Kuja. He is personally my second favorite villain in the series (Betean by Kefka). Sure I'm not a fan of his fashion taste (I mean he wears a thong.... I think that was a bit much X_X). But he is one of the few villains who ISN'T insane and actually THINKS things through.

As for the story, its supposed to be somewhat cliche, because it reflects upon all the previous Final Fantasies. Its basically ment to be everything you know about the previous games put into one so to speak. In my opinion, I think its the only one of the Play Station 1 games that I can actually truely concider to be a Final FANTASY.

Sure it has its downsides to it, such as it would be nice if the battle system had a bit more depth to it, but all the games have their downsides to them. I really wish people didn't look down on this game so much, because it really is on its own merits a really great RPG.

SilverWind
05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
I liked FF9...:p

DJZen
05-06-2005, 10:56 PM
The inherent logic flaws and horrendous spelling of the first post are worthy of mention.

MoonZapdos
05-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Have you been taking your medicine? FFIX is one of the premier FFs ever! :mad2:

Shoden
05-07-2005, 12:27 AM
hey its not tha bad it's a great game but nout compared to other ffs

Destai
05-07-2005, 02:32 AM
I have to agree with Adam 77, This game didnt even have Cloud or Sephiroth in it!

DMKA
05-07-2005, 03:51 AM
I have to agree with Adam 77, This game didnt even have Cloud or Sephiroth in it!
Yes it did, you just didn't pay attention to the real story.

Buccura
05-07-2005, 04:56 AM

Guess what, NEITHER DO ALL THE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My god, thats what I hate most is when people expect every Final Fantasy to be like 7. No it doesn't have cloud, it has a young thief who has MORE personality than cloud! Christ :mad:

ThroneofDravaris
05-07-2005, 05:34 AM

Guess what, NEITHER DO ALL THE OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My god, thats what I hate most is when people expect every Final Fantasy to be like 7. No it doesn't have cloud, it has a young thief who has MORE personality than cloud! Christ :mad:

Um, i think he was being sarcastic. I don't think anyone would have expected to see FF7 characters in FF9, even though they were.....

XxSephirothxX
05-07-2005, 05:35 AM
I did pay attention look dude i played the game it was total failure so boring, and no way did the plot changes interest me one bit you could just tell it was going to happen for instance zidane and kuja being brothers i mean come on they both got tails u could just see it happeneing. If you want to play final fantasy's play any of them apart from x-2 and 9 cause they are the worst ones going but that's my opinion tho.

Obviously you didn't. FFIX was unique, extremely well written, witty, and even a bit moving at times. I wouldn't try to argue that it's the best, but it is a great video game and is better than anything Square Enix has released in the last five years.

Buccura
05-07-2005, 05:40 AM

Um, i think he was being sarcastic. I don't think anyone would have expected to see FF7 characters in FF9, even though they were.....

If so than I apologize. I just tend to kinda get set of by... well a lot of things and when I do well, I go into rants x).

Destai
05-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Yes I was being sarcastic :lol: No worries, no offence taken.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-07-2005, 03:55 PM
The inherent logic flaws and horrendous spelling of the first post are worthy of mention.

Agreed. *English major brain implodes*

On another note, anyone who thought Vivi was a boring character has no soul. Literally. That guy was so gosh darn lovable. . .

Dreddz
05-07-2005, 04:17 PM
IX was great to me

Buccura
05-07-2005, 08:06 PM

On another note, anyone who thought Vivi was a boring character has no soul. Literally. That guy was so gosh darn lovable. . .

I conqure (sp?). I love Vivi =D

chionos
05-07-2005, 09:57 PM

I conqure (sp?). I love Vivi =D

CONCUR (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=concur) d(`O`)b
I <3 Vivi as well.

Adam77 is obviously trying to get everyone riled up and make fools of themselves. The statement about Kuja's tail alone lends my thoughts to this end.

Delta
05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
Guy's you have COMPLETLY pwned Adam77 he hasn't posted in ages and you've COMPLETLY proved that IX is great so no point in posting here anymore unless of course Adam77 would like to take on me as well LOL.

Buccura
05-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Guy's you have COMPLETLY pwned Adam77 he hasn't posted in ages and you've COMPLETLY proved that IX is great so no point in posting here anymore unless of course Adam77 would like to take on me as well LOL.

Aye. No one bashes IX around me :smash:

BackRoomKid
05-08-2005, 12:35 AM
it was good....

tetris is way better

that extra boss at the end was pretty dumb...didn't have any relevance what-so-ever

Buccura
05-08-2005, 01:07 AM
tetris is way better

Well duh, no game will ever match up to the majesty of Tetris. No game ever has, no game ever will no matter how much it rocks.

rubah
05-08-2005, 01:22 AM
ff9 wasn't *that* great.

I'm not big on medieval games though.

Buccura
05-08-2005, 02:06 AM
ff9 wasn't *that* great.

I'm not big on medieval games though.

Well, Final Fantasy was mainly a medieval game.

rubah
05-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Except for a lot of them. Go figure.

7, 8, ten and ten-two, and you might even say six. or you might not.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Ta-da! (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57552)