PDA

View Full Version : CoM out in the UK today!

Xander
05-06-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm not expecting a lot of responses to this topic, but since CoM is only just out in the UK today, I wanna know who's just bought it, and what do you think of it? I'll post with what I think when I buy it on my way home, if anyone else in the UK is actually buying it today anyway.. ^_^;;

Craig
05-06-2005, 04:42 PM
I thought it came out ages ago, I won't be buying it as I have Ł70 to my name and I don't want it to go down anymore.

Negi
05-06-2005, 04:59 PM
maan you are so lucky, i think in german it´ll not appear.

Xander
05-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Nah, it only came out Friday. This UK response is disappointing ;__;

I'll talk anyway. (Even if it's to myself =p)

I'm not too sure about the game yet, at least the whole card thing, it seems a little confusing to me. Well I get confused kinda easy anyway, but some of the stuff like sleights.. it also seems like you get a lot of random battles, which might bug me. Buuut I'm curious to see how the storyline turns out and follow Sora's adventure, and maybe the card thing will grow on me =)

Destai
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
I think you'll like Naminé a load. She kicks ass.
edit: Just saw the add, Its neat and shows the PS2 styled cut scenes. I know Id be interested if I hadnt seen it.

agrudis
05-10-2005, 09:40 PM
i wanna get that limited edition SP fing

KuRt
05-11-2005, 04:18 PM
One advice: keep on leveling

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Pretty sure there are no random battles in this game.

Xander
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Ok, they may not be literally RANDOM, since you can see the enemies but I mean random as in pointless fighting just to level up or whatever. Okay? As in you see a heartless, go into the battle, kill them, then bump into another one. Just like random battles to me.

KuRt
05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Exactly. Also remember to hit those heartless you see in "world map" because when the battle starts, they will be confused for a moment..

I KNOW YOU KNEW, JUST REMINDED!! (or did you :confused: )
yes you did :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Depending on what Map Card you use to open the door to an area, it may be occupied by Heartless that give off weak cards, occupied by sleeping Heartless on which you can easily get the first hit, filled with swarms of Heartless, etc.

Xander
05-20-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm really into it now =D It's fun. Having probs getting out of Monstro though, I can't kill the Heartless quick enough ;_; *keeps trying*

Skyblade
05-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Look at Monstro's health bar. Pack your deck full of attack cards and potions, because you need to be able to keep up a constant stream of attacks, or Monstro will heal himself, so fast reloads are a must. Don't bother with sleights, because you just face lots of Shadows, just hack and slash away. Try using Cloud cards if you have trouble with that method, and take Ethers instead of Potions. Use Omnislash a couple times and your problem will be over.

Oh, and advice on map cards:

If you don't want many battles, stick with Sleeping Darkness rooms. Not only will the Heartless not move to attack you, but Sleeping Darkness rooms also contain the least amount of Heartless of every other room type except for White/Black Rooms, Moment's Reprieve, and Calm Bounty/Key to Rewards rooms.

Lasting Daze and Strong Initiative are really useful. Lasting Daze makes all the Heartless that join the battle stunned for a time if you get the jump on the battle, not just the ones that are there when the battle starts, and Strong Initiative takes about 3/4 or more of the health away from all enemies at the start of a battle if you get the initiative.

Xander
05-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the advice, I only have one Cloud card at the moment though, so I don't think I can use Omnislash? I did get close I think I just need to reload quicker, I'll try again....

And I like battles now ^_^ Stuff takes a while to grow on me, hehe.

Skyblade
05-21-2005, 06:02 AM
Need multiple Cloud cards? Open Moogle Rooms, and load up on the magic packs. You should get plenty, especially this early in the game when there aren't as many other magic card types to get in the way.

Xander
05-21-2005, 03:58 PM
OH! That's how you get them. I think I missed that somewhere along the way. Thanks 8) I'm going to go try now!!

Skyblade
05-21-2005, 06:39 PM
OH! That's how you get them. I think I missed that somewhere along the way. Thanks 8) I'm going to go try now!!

No problem. I'm glad to help.

Xander
05-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Yay I got out of Monstro! Hehe this has turned into Xander's personal CoM help topic. xD I just did Halloween Town too. Whee. It's getting interesting. ^_^

KuRt
05-21-2005, 10:15 PM
I can only say that oogie boogie is even more bitchy in CoM than in normal KH :\

Skyblade
05-21-2005, 11:16 PM
I can only say that oogie boogie is even more bitchy in CoM than in normal KH :\

Really? I thought he was about ten times easier. His main attack is throwing the dice at you. This attack has a card value of seven. Break it with a 7, 8, 9, or 0 card. Do this three times and the fence will lower all the way, then just jump up and beat the crud out of him. I usually don't even get hit once in this battle.

Xander
05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Haha, yeah I must say I thought Oogie Boogie was a breeze in CoM, and the fight in KH bugged me more, definately. I don't think I got hit either, plus he takes so long throwing the dice you have plenty of time to reload so you have the highest value cards ready for when he throws them.

Wait...I just thought of something though, maybe KuRt was talking about just the way he acted in the storyline, and not the battle. Now I'm very confused. *goes to sleep*

KuRt
05-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Well i mean in battle (atleast for me), because i went first to halloween town so i had only one 0 card (and that was my only card to lower the bars) so i had to reload after every use of the 0 card. plus i had used all my other cards on sleights so i had these cards in use: cure with value of2
kingdom keys with vaulues of 0, 2 and 4...

Redfield
05-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I imported it from canada about five month ago... i wasnt that impressed to be honest......

Skyblade
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Well i mean in battle (atleast for me), because i went first to halloween town so i had only one 0 card (and that was my only card to lower the bars) so i had to reload after every use of the 0 card. plus i had used all my other cards on sleights so i had these cards in use: cure with value of2
kingdom keys with vaulues of 0, 2 and 4...

Don't forget that you can combine up to three cards, and the increased value should be enough to break the attack. Also, don't forget to use your friend cards, since they come in all different values.

Redfield
05-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Yeah and combine three cloud cards and he summons and does omnislash lol

Xander
05-26-2005, 01:14 PM
I finished Atlantica and Neverland and the Hundred Acre Wood now, yay. Hook killed me a few times...he was a bit mean ;__; But I beat him with Lindy's help ^_^ Now I'm in Hollow Bastion. Ahhh I love the Hollow Bastion music. Hundred Acre Wood was pretty fun, and yay for getting lots of moogle points there <3

Skyblade
05-27-2005, 05:44 AM
I finished Atlantica and Neverland and the Hundred Acre Wood now, yay. Hook killed me a few times...he was a bit mean ;__; But I beat him with Lindy's help ^_^ Now I'm in Hollow Bastion. Ahhh I love the Hollow Bastion music. Hundred Acre Wood was pretty fun, and yay for getting lots of moogle points there <3

Did you help out all of Pooh's friends?

Xander
05-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Yes! I was a little stuck on Rabbit for a while but I have them all now. ^_^