PDA

View Full Version : the so called new wave of indie music.

Francis Begbie
05-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Just downloaded bloc party and the libertines albums. And they are exeedingly average, i was reeling with anticipation after all the hype they received. I was impressed, but far from blown away.

Best track - liberitines - boys in the band.

fire_of_avalon
05-06-2005, 04:05 PM
The only indie music I listen to are unsigned local bands, I really have no idea what the national indie "scene" is all about.

Meat Puppet
05-06-2005, 05:27 PM
meat puppets
wait

gokufusionss1
05-06-2005, 06:34 PM
your just wrong the bloc party are a very clever and entertaining band, libertines are overhyped though.

eestlinc
05-06-2005, 07:08 PM
The Walkmen are good.

Pure Strife
05-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Indie sucks.

I'd expand, but there really isn't anything about it I do like, so writing out what I dislike would be tiresome.

Lankyman
05-07-2005, 09:30 PM
I actually quite like bloc party. the libertines are shocking though. My rule is if it has a "the" in front of the band name, then they are more than likely going to be average rubbish.

eestlinc
05-07-2005, 09:57 PM
except for The Walkmen, who are good.

Dr.K
05-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I gave up on indie long ago. Used to ADORE Oasis and Blur and the like, but modern day indie bands just seem to whack out monotonous dirges, or unoriginal tripe.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I don't really care much for indie bands. I'm much more interested in traditional world music.

Calliope
05-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Bloc Party - Yuck! They have two good songs, which were on the free EP I got with the album.

Libertines - A couple of good songs, yes. Death on the Stairs!

Kaiser Chiefs - I'm working on them.

The Killers - No idea.

Idlewild - Liking them so far.

Bright Eyes - *hugs*

Kasbian? Kaspian? I don't know!

NOBODY WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS BLUR.

Miriel
05-11-2005, 01:57 AM
Kaiser Chiefs and Bright Eyes are current favorites of mine.

I saw Bloc Party at Coachella and they were decent.

Cuchulainn
05-11-2005, 03:36 AM
Kasabian are probably the best of the bunch atm. Libertines are so so, Pete Doherty, whilst being talented, IS overhyped...although strictly speaking is Ex Libertines. The greatest Guitar Band there ever was were the Stone Roses TILDE!!1

EDIT: Razorlight & Snow Patrol are also pretty good.

Calliope
05-11-2005, 07:52 AM
Oh yeah, Snow Patrol!

Indie Lindy, you're needed in this thrread!

Kaiser Chiefs' buzzcocksandgreatescapeblurness is helping them out.

In the meantime, let's get back to MSP!

Jebus
05-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Closest thing to Indie I listen to is TMBG, and I think they stopped being Indie a long time ago when they signed with Elektra. I could be wrong though.

Jack
05-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Hmmm.

What I think is whatever band NME decides is worth promoting, they do so until the media is awash with their music and the whole market becomes saturated with it. As such, my friend suddenly spouts "The Subways Rule!" having read the magazine. I toild him I'd seen them about a year ago and have their demos. "Yeah, but they were in NME.."

Razorlight- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Killers- I Like 80's Pop and synths so it's good

Snow Patrol- A Dull Coldplay knock-off, but I like it *shoots himself*

Kaiser Chiefs- Fine, but a bad Blur.

Idlewild- I liked The Remote Part

The Libertines- My God, they are shockingly BAD

Captain Maxx Power
05-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Any kind of "plinky-plonky" nu-wave indie music is straight from the butthole of Satan IMO. It perhaps the worst sound that's been perpetrated on my ears for sometime. I have to go home and tape my ear to my stereo and have Megadeth on full blast just to get over the shock of it.