PDA

View Full Version : are they gonna put limit breaks in it??

youk
05-06-2005, 08:35 PM
are there any limit break's goining to be shown in the movie i hope so cause i wanna see them

Mercen-X
05-06-2005, 08:47 PM
Any attack that looks awesome onscreen will most likely be considered a "limit break." As for moves like the Braver and Omnislash. I don't know. It would be cool though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
It'd be awesome if Tifa did Dolphin Blow.

sephiroth JR
05-06-2005, 10:59 PM
or vincent turning into his fourth limit break....cant remember the name of it

benking27
05-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Chaos. the demon of chaos. :D

blackchocobo9999
05-07-2005, 05:12 PM
it wud be cool if they were in it

Fire_Emblem776
05-08-2005, 05:55 AM
i want to see Aeres holy gospel again (sigh) only one boss you can use it on. And Cait sith um yea roll some dice moogle doll....

BUt definalty any of Vincents Limits would be GREAT!!CHOAS

lightshifter
05-17-2005, 08:18 PM
yeah choas rules....though the other linit breaks would be cool as well

DMKA
05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
It'd be awesome if Tifa did Dolphin Blow.
You mean HOT. :D

Lord Magician
05-23-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't mean to go of topic but........what the hell is with
SHAKE IT AERIS? :eek:

ThroneofDravaris
05-23-2005, 05:49 AM
I don't mean to go of topic but........what the hell is with
SHAKE IT AERIS? :eek:

Kind of reminds me of all of those “art” films when people are impaled on sharp objects, but it’s really being used as a metaphor for intercourse…probably isn’t though.

Anyway, Cid’s “Highwind” would look great; you can’t compete with an airship as a limit break.

Masamune·1600
05-23-2005, 07:40 AM
While there would certainly be some difficulties in implementing Limit Breaks or Limit-style attacks into real time (and quasi-realistic) movie fight sequences, it's not impossible. Now, while I've stayed clear of spoiler threads, or any overviews of the actual story, I have seen many of the screenshots for AC. I know that this shot (http://www.adventchildren.net/media/screens/screens.php?section=official&imageid=98) has been theorized to be a Limit, or part of a Limit technique. I don't know whether further information on the shot is available thorugh a trailer (have to avoid the spoilers, after all), but it seems plausible to suggest that Cloud may be performing a Limit Break.

i want to see Aeres holy gospel again (sigh) : only one boss you can use it on.

Actually, Great Gospel can be used in three boss fights. The battles against Red Dragon and Demon Gate both occur in the Temple of the Ancients, at which time Aeris would obviously have access to her final Limit. Also, if one acquires the Limit manual and teaches it to Aeris before heading to Wutai, it could conceivably be used in the fight against Rapps (this battle requires, of course, that Yuffie had joined the party).

Croyles
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
although limit breaks would look cool, it would be very hard to explain the story behind it. if you dont want the movie ending up like DBZ it would probably be better if they werent in it.

Cloud: Omnislash!!!!
Tifa: Since when could he just attack a million times in a few seconds? Why didnt he use it when he fought Kadaj at the beginning?
Cid: Oh stop being so picky, its just a movie.
Aeris (speaking through a dream): Well he didnt get hit enough during that fight so he wasnt angry enough, but now his limit gauge is full.
Vincent: Well while were at it i might as well randomly turn into a demon called Chaos.

something along those lines.

It WOULD be possible to avoid that kind of thing, but it would have to be very clever. They would have to avoid someone in the movie addressing it as a limit break but rather just see cloud or someone get really strong when he is in an uncontrollable emotional state (kinda like Naruto releasing his Kyubi when he gets very emotional)
They would have to be careful to exclude7change some of the limit breaks features which were present in the game so that it could fit perfectly into the movie without causing the audience to bow their heads in embarrasment.

Necronopticous
05-23-2005, 05:37 PM
I want to see Cloud finish off Bahamut with Climhazzard

Lord Magician
05-23-2005, 10:10 PM
I really don't that there will be any limit breaks. Don't get too excited. Maybe if they make the original FF7 game for the PS3, then there will be limit breaks with amazing looks and graphics.

Mercen-X
05-24-2005, 12:44 AM
In the E3 trailer, Cid gouged his spear into the top of (a monster I think was Bahamut)'s head. I'm pretty sure that was the Boost Jump. :tongue:

Lord Magician
05-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Maybe you could prove me wrong. Maybe there are limit breaks. Who really knows? :confused:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-24-2005, 02:43 AM

Actually, Great Gospel can be used in three boss fights. The battles against Red Dragon and Demon Gate both occur in the Temple of the Ancients, at which time Aeris would obviously have access to her final Limit. Also, if one acquires the Limit manual and teaches it to Aeris before heading to Wutai, it could conceivably be used in the fight against Rapps (this battle requires, of course, that Yuffie had joined the party).Tell me again why you can't teach her Great Gospel as soon as you get the buggy. Is the blacksmith just not there, or is he not interested in the Mithril, or what?

Redfield
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
I reckon so, but rather than be singled out as a 'limit break' i think they'd make it as like a finishing move... if for example a character gets hurt.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-24-2005, 04:53 PM
I'm thinking the limit breaks will be shown when they get extremely angry or upset, or need to save someone or something. I'm thinking Vincent, for example, will probably transform into SOMETHING during the movie.

Masamune·1600
05-24-2005, 06:52 PM

Actually, Great Gospel can be used in three boss fights. The battles against Red Dragon and Demon Gate both occur in the Temple of the Ancients, at which time Aeris would obviously have access to her final Limit. Also, if one acquires the Limit manual and teaches it to Aeris before heading to Wutai, it could conceivably be used in the fight against Rapps (this battle requires, of course, that Yuffie had joined the party).Tell me again why you can't teach her Great Gospel as soon as you get the buggy. Is the blacksmith just not there, or is he not interested in the Mithril, or what?

Yeah, he's not there. Cloud says something to the effect of "We'll come back later."

Big D
05-25-2005, 03:41 AM
In the FFVIII intro, two different limit breaks get used. Squall uses his Renzokuken technique to attack with a fierce succession of blows; Seifer retaliates with Fire Cross. Squall then gets him back with a Rough Divide.

These moves don't look so far-fetched in the FMV compared to the in-game battles. Battle mechanics are always a little divorced from reality, but the moves are based on things the characters could actually do.

So I see no reason why there can't be a few limit breaks in AC.

Dolentrean
05-25-2005, 04:27 AM
I think Vincent might get mad and enter a beast like state, I personaly hope he dosent turn into anything in the movie (even though Chaos was really badass).
in regards to the rest of the limit breaks I think they may, as stated by others already, pull of some strong finishing moves in the grip of desperation or rage.

Redfield
05-25-2005, 09:46 AM
Lol would be cool if Vincent transformed^^

ISRviper
05-28-2005, 10:27 PM
I want everyone in the movie to hold hands and sing kumbayah my lord, and in doing so they would bring Aeris back to life and than they would all just ride out to the sunset.

Ofcourse all of this would be in CGI and the japanese voices would make everyone laugh.

Alive-Cat
06-21-2005, 04:37 PM
I don't think they will put limit breaks in it, I've been thinking and it just doesn't seem to fit. But then again, prove me wrong.

Dante WolfWood
06-21-2005, 06:54 PM
I dont think they'll implement the limit breaks but I do believe vincent WILL transform, it will probably help with the storyline and explain him better.

but hey, I could be wrong, they may all do limit breaks...

(and yeah, I also believe that WAS boost jump cid did on bahamut or weapon or whatever it was)

KoShiatar
06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
I dont think they'll implement the limit breaks but I do believe vincent WILL transform, it will probably help with the storyline and explain him better.

I don't know about the movie. I think this will happen almost surely in Dirge of Cerberus.

Dante WolfWood
06-21-2005, 10:44 PM
well, I dont think they'll skip over something that big and then continue it in DoC, that would just be plain stupid, considering DoC is basicly a sequel to advent Children. If you dont mention anything about his transformations in Advent Children but then introduce then in DoC, it makes it seems like its incomplete and the story is tossed around.

neosephiroth
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Wasn't cloud's 'jump' to Bahamut a limit break? I could be mistaken but I believe it was....

Mercen-X
06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
I say "yes."

Keep in mind some of these ideas:

If you see Cloud fighting with a series of Right Slashes and Left Slashes, Stabs and Leaping Chops . . . he's performing Omnislash.

Most likely the attacks we're looking forward to are the more unrealistic ones.

Cloud's Blade Beam, Meteorain, and Finishing Touch. Yuffie's Gauntlet and All Creation. Vincent transformations. Cid's Dragon, Dynamite, Dragon Dive, and Highwind. The film's take on Tifa's Dolphin Blow. Red's Stardust Ray and Cosmo Memory. Barret's Catastrophe.

Chances are, the ones we'll get are:
Braver, Cross-Slash, Clim Hazzard, Omnislash, Grenade Bomb, Hammerblow, possibly Satellite Beam, Ungarmax, Beat Rush, Somersault, Water Kick, a new take on the Dolphin Blow, Meteodrive, a new take on the Meteor Strike, a weak ver. of Final Heaven, Sled and Crush Fang, Greased Lightning, Bloodfest, Doom of the Living, Boost Jump, Dynamite, Hyper Jump, Big Brawl.