PDA

View Full Version : Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie

Seto Fett
05-07-2005, 04:13 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but I like these three. It's an absolute shame what happens to them, but I still am a little leerious if they really did die, as the old, "Don't count em dead without seeing the body" rule goes. But anyway, did anyone else like them or am I the only one who thought they were great characters?

BG-57
05-07-2005, 04:19 AM
I liked them a lot. Especially Jessie.

Alas they were merely red shirts.

But it's doubtful that they would've survived the dropping of the Sector 7 plate.

Seto Fett
05-07-2005, 04:30 AM
Yeah, I know. But with FF games, you never know lol. I'm pondering exactly how they were wounded. I'm guessing Biggs and Jessie suffered gun wounds while Wedge suffered a 50 feet drop.

SnoopyG
05-07-2005, 05:09 AM
At the beginning, I really hoped we could used biggs in battle. He looked like a monk-ish kinda guy. Well the 3 of them were krazy ppl. But then they could've survived and live with Don Corneo. Just a thought

Mercen-X
05-07-2005, 05:32 AM
I want to revamp the game so that you can play as these three like those non-main characters in FF9, y'know Blanc and Cinna, etc.
I think The Trio should be given a prequel.

TheAbominatrix
05-07-2005, 05:47 AM
I highly highly doubt they survived, given their positioning when the plate dropped. They were already wounded and at the epicenter of the drop. The whole thing went down, as we can clearly see when Barret, Cloud, and Tifa escape. Even if they survived the plate crashing down, they would be trapped alive until they died from their other wounds or starved to death. Logic says they did not live, and even in a video game some logic does apply.

Not to mention that, if they did survive, you'd no doubt hear about it, at the very least when you go back to Midgar on Disc 3.

Squall of SeeD
05-07-2005, 06:24 AM
As TheAbominatrix said, they're dead. The rule of "Don't count 'em dead until you see their body" doesn't exist in a written work unless indication is intentionally offered to suggest that they're alive. For example,

(Advent Children Spoiler ahead)
until Advent Children came along, Rufus was dead in canon. The story has been elaborated upon to the effect of him having survived Diamond's assault upon his office, but before it was, Rufus was every bit as dead as Heidegger or Scarlet.

But, yeah, I liked them a lot too. Jessie especially.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-07-2005, 06:48 AM
It'd be great if the three silver-haired men were Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie back from the dead and in disguise. The movie needs to have at least one hilariously ridiculous plot twist like that.

Squall of SeeD
05-07-2005, 06:50 AM
It'd be great if the three silver-haired men were Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie back from the dead and in disguise. The movie needs to have at least one hilariously ridiculous plot twist like that.

There's a line between ridiculus and outright hokey. That crosses it. o.o

redxiiii
05-07-2005, 09:29 PM
I loved those characters, who knows Jesse could have even became another love interest for Cloud?!

Craig
05-07-2005, 09:43 PM
I was more effected by their deaths than I was Aeris' which didn't effect me at all.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-07-2005, 09:59 PM
unfortunatly for all you that want them to be alive, we are told they returned to the planet, solved.

yes i thought they were great character sand they shouldnt have been killed off, however neither should Tseng, oh Tseng you were only a child at heart... *ahem*

:choc:

BackRoomKid
05-07-2005, 11:36 PM
if they weren't killed off...it wouldn't have been as good a game as it is right now

just like if bambi's mom wasn't killed...what kind of wack story would that be?

or aeris not dying for that matter...

the three of them served their purpose...RIP biggs, wedge, jesse

Seto Fett
05-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Exactly where and who says they've returned to the planet?

TurkSlayer
05-08-2005, 02:41 AM
How is it that I always become really attached to the Biggs in every FF? These guys were great. It saddened me MUCH more when they died than Aeris. However When I found out that Rufus was alive (YAY!) it gave me a small glimmer of hope that they were alive. I doubt they are, but a man can dream...