PDA

View Full Version : Memories.

Rainecloud
05-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Do you have memories of your childhood?

I can't seem to remember a whole lot about my younger years. There's a select few moments that seem to stick in my memory, but that's about it. It's quite frustrating sometimes, but I suppose I'll have to live with the disappointment of not being able to remember very much about my distant self.

And you?

Craig
05-07-2005, 12:19 PM
It's quite sad really, I'm 17 and I can barely remember the last 14 years of my life.

Xander
05-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh man, yeah I have so many great memories. At least I'm talking from about the ages 5 upwards, I don't remember anything before that.

I live on a road with lots of children, and I had a lot of friends on my road, I remember my best friend Victoria, we were like sisters and we played together all the time. Then my friend James who lived a couple of doors up from me, we played on his megadrive all the time. And mostly I just remember the things we all got up to, those fun carefree times, oh how I miss them, hehe.

louby_4eva
05-07-2005, 12:26 PM
I remember quite a lot from when I was younger but I'm only 16, I've wrote everything in my diary for the past five years, because I really don't want to forget stuff.

Smile and Be happy :love:

Ko Ko
05-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I remember when I was a little girl, like, 4. I was on a Japanese game show and this guy was sticking a mic in my face. I didn't know what to say when he asked 'Are you new?' So I said 'I don't like you'.

Devourment
05-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I have a memory of when I was with my mum's friend... well my mum was as well. Anyway is way around her house, I was only little... about 6 months. We were all having a barbeque & I just crawled out of sight from everyone, & I crawled down this path about 300 yards from where I should've been... Ooooh my mum wasn't very happy when she found me. I was dead mischievous when I was younger! :p

Also after my Doctor gave me a jab when I was young I said back to him 'Its my turn now.'

*sigh*

Being a scorpio eh! :lol:

theundeadhero
05-07-2005, 01:07 PM
I have a whole lot of memories from 3-6 years old, and then scattered memories of childhood from there. I think I retained so many of them because my parents got divorced just before my 6th birthday.

Ashi
05-07-2005, 01:11 PM
I remember bits and pieces of lots of things. But sometimes I wonder if they are real memories or just things I think I remember because of looking at pictures.

Meat Puppet
05-07-2005, 01:14 PM
I have excellent long term memory, I could probably remember being born! :thumb: (not really)
it's short term memory where I fail., though

Chris
05-07-2005, 01:22 PM
I remember bits and pieces of the last 15 years... otherwise... :(

Azotar
05-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Me, i don't wanna remember anything from my past ,, i wish nonne of it happened,,so there you go...

Old Manus
05-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah.

Azotar
05-07-2005, 01:47 PM
So we agree old manus?

Boosk
05-07-2005, 01:49 PM
I remember when I was about 3ish walking along Brighton pier clutching onto my 50 pence terrified I was going to drop it down the cracks along the pier......*sigh*. Well, Both the new and old Brighton piers have gone now. Makes me sad cos they were my earliest memories. I miss being a littlekid :(

Kagga

Shlup
05-07-2005, 11:42 PM
I have a lot of memories of my childhood. A lot. I have a few very brief and fuzzy ones from being a toddler, and I'm sure they're from that early because they involve my aunt, who died when I was young. All of my earliest memories involve her, but I would say I remember a lot of my childhood in general.

Jojee
05-07-2005, 11:44 PM
My early memories involve my cousin :( He was evil.

Rye
05-07-2005, 11:47 PM
I have a great long term memory, so I remember a lot of from when I was young. Too bad my short term memory sucks. xD

Jewels
05-08-2005, 12:19 AM
I don't remember that much from when I was a kid. The stuff that I do seem to remember are more bad stuff than good. Strange...

rubah
05-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I remember lots from when I was little. Less from when I was 7-12 though. I think I blocked that out^_^

I remember crawling out of a crib to go watch tv with my dad in the living room:) I remember sitting in the back of the truck when we moved to this house (next door to the old one) I remember going to 'watch the cars and trucks' on the interstate below the bluff, I remember lots of preschool, from the summer that they let us go with the big kids on their field trips. Every friday was skating at the skating rink^_^ It used to have these awesome carpets on the walls, and we'd get in trouble for standing behind them.

I remember stealing a cookie from a house we were visiting, then having a nightmare that night about that house and a flashlight that flashed fire instead of light.

Del Murder
05-08-2005, 02:17 AM
I remember pretty much everything since kindergarden.

Samuraid
05-08-2005, 02:50 AM
I remember a few scattered events all the way back to age 4...but only vaguely.

mike without a hat
05-08-2005, 02:53 AM
i only remember bits and pieces of events that have happened starting in pre school
but theyre really random things though

fire_of_avalon
05-08-2005, 03:08 AM
I remember everything.

Seriously.

Yamaneko
05-08-2005, 03:10 AM
I remember listening to Van Halen.

theundeadhero
05-08-2005, 04:30 AM
My early memories involve my cousin :( He was evil.He pushed you down the steps :(

I was in preschool on St. Patricks Day and everyone was sitting down eating lots of candy. I started to look out the window for a while and then shouted, "Hey! Theres a leprachaun!". Then everybody ran to the windows to look and I ate their candy :)

Quina
05-08-2005, 08:14 AM
I can't even remember before two months ago.

Alixsar
05-08-2005, 08:21 AM
I vaguely remember stuff...I don't know. As far as I'm concerned, anything before four years ago is irrelevant.

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2005, 06:50 PM
I remember hitting my brother in the face with a toy-car. :(

rubah
05-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Then everybody ran to the windows to look and I ate their candy

Pwesome.

I remember a st. patrick's day in preschool where someone kept accusing me of not wearing green. I was wearing this really cool SEA GREEN dress.

I got in trouble I thinkxD There was a little calendar with the 17th marked off for bad behavior on itxD

Resha
05-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I have lotsa memories of my childhood! And hopefully, I always will. They're all crazy stupid stuff. And also...well, my life hasn't change all that much in the past 8 years. :D

boris no no
05-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I was in preschool on St. Patricks Day and everyone was sitting down eating lots of candy. I started to look out the window for a while and then shouted, "Hey! Theres a leprachaun!". Then everybody ran to the windows to look and I ate their candy :)
that is soooo cute! xD *huggles*

my earliest memory was when i was about 2 and i had was visiting my nan. my younger brother had just been born. i think i was poking him or something....plus my nan had these original action men we used to play with! we pulled his arms off xD

The Redneck
05-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Certainly not my earliest memory, but one of my best was my Junior Prom.

I was out under the stars, and the night was beautiful. A little cold, but not really enough to be uncomfortable, and I was wearing enough that I felt warm enough anyway. Somebody'd brung some Jack Daniels, and I had a nip of it in me--not enough to start fuzzing my thoughts, but a nip of Jack Daniels every now and then is a nice thing.

The night was as clear as a night can get, the starts so close that it seemed if I could find a long enough pole I could knock a few of 'em out of the sky, and the full moon hung over the water, with its reflection so clear that it was almost hard to tell which was real until a fish jumped or a breeze rippled one of the images, and the night was perfumed with the smell of fresh-cut grass.

I had a good time. I was confident, I was calm... I was even smooth, if I say so myself. Never worried once about how I would take it if I asked someone to dance and she said no, didn't feel any need to count who I talked to or danced with, or try to get into conversations to prove to myself I was having a good time. No fear, no disappointment, no nervousness... I didn't feel a bit of anxiety, never once thought "aw, hell, I shouldn't have bothered".

I didn't go to my Junior Prom. I spent that weekend fishing.

Rinen
05-08-2005, 11:08 PM
My first memory was of when I was around 2 years old. I was being dropped off at a family friend's house because both of my parents were working. Parents left, soon after everyone else left. Leaving me alone for several hours still in my clothing. Since this was in a trailor in the middle of summer, the temperature in the trailor must have been over 90 degrees F. This was a year when there was a heat wave going on. I couldn't go outside, I couldn't take my clothes off, I couldn't get something to drink, I was left alone. I was found around five hours later still inside that trailor crying. Thankfully, I do have some good memories of my childhood.

Razo
05-09-2005, 01:18 AM
I remember quite a lot from when I was younger but I'm only 16, I've wrote everything in my diary for the past five years, because I really don't want to forget stuff.

Me too, except its only been two rather than five years :spin:

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 04:08 AM
Clearest memory? Honestly? You may not want to hear it.

We were living in a crappy apartment complex when I was six. My brother and I were obsessed with fire. He went upstairs and grabbed my mom's lighter (she was asleep) and threw it down to me.
We experimented with all sorts of materials until we lit the leather couch on fire. It didn't melt or fade away. It just grew and kept at it.
I knew that water was something that did away with the flames, so I ran and got a couple of cups from the kitchen cabinets (always been good at climbing). The bathroom was right next to the kitchen which was right next to the dining room which was where the couch was.
We kept splashing the fire with the water. In my panic, I may have missed quite a lot. My brother was young, so in his panic, he probably didn't even throw the water onto the fire.
We realized that we wouldn't be able to put the fire out, so we ran upstairs to get my mom. She didn't want to wake up. She felt the heat and smelt the smoke and shot up out of bed and started panicking.
She told us to go downstairs and get outside. I got down on my belly beneath the smoke so that I could breathe. It didn't actually help much.
Somehow, the front door of the apartment had been opened. I don't know if I opened it when I got there or someone had opened it from the outside to help us get out or if my mom had ran downstairs to open before telling us to get out.
Outside, I sat on the limited amount of grass that was in front of a neighbor's apartment. Many neighbors were gathered there and my mom was still panicked that she'd gotten outside.
Someone said "Listen!" I could hear my brother's voice crying out. Someone said later that he was crying, "Mommy!" A courageous neighbor got watered down and charged into the apartment. The fire had already torn through the place, so his feet were instantly burned the second he set foot on the stairs.
It was pitch black inside as the smoke came from many different materials. He came rushing out and got watered down again. I don't remember much after that except being wheeled away on a stretcher and my mom was trying to throw away her purse (in her panic, it's what she saved), and I kept trying to restrain her.
I remember being in the ambulance, but I must've fallen asleep there because next I knew I had tubes up my nose and I was in a chilly, dim room. I had woke up in the hospital. I think we stayed there the whole night before we were deemed healthy enough to leave. I remember my mom grabbing onto my dad as she cried over the death of my brother. I knew what had happened. I was just glad we didn't all die.

Boosk
05-09-2005, 06:17 AM
I also remember eating so much chocolate cake when I was 5 and throwing up lots! Damn you Ben Ward!!! He laughed at me :(

I also remember me and my sis (boris no no) talking in our made up language when we were very young.
Kagga :love:

Project G
05-09-2005, 01:43 PM
I vaguely remember one thing of my childhood, that is getting stuck between a fridge and a cooker in my kitchen when I was three I think