PDA

View Full Version : UFO`S???????

redxiiii
05-07-2005, 08:34 PM
HI guys I was playin FF8 today and I`d jus landed the ragnorak, so I went walking round a bit to see what monsters I could battle, when a alien spaceship floated by with what looked like a miniture pyramid in it`s tractor beam :confused: :confused: :confused: Could someone explain this strange phenomonon??

mike without a hat
05-07-2005, 08:44 PM
im pretty sure its some sidequest, i dont remember what you do about it though :rolleyes2

rubah
05-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Yep. sidequest.

Go hunt down the other three then head to the esthar forests and look for the alien himself.

You can find them in the cactuar desert, next to winhill, on some island near timber, and somewhere else. Can't remember wherexD Pupu is on the rocks above teh great big grandidi forests where the chocobo holy land is. He'll get evicted from his spaceship and head to where balamb garden used to be. Find him there and feed him like six elixirs and you'll get his card which is spiffy^_^

You can still encounter teh aliens when you have no encounter. remember this.

redxiiii
05-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Is his card worth it , like what can you refine it into?

tranvanhieu
05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
This is a hard side quest-the destination is to fullfill your card list:to find "PupuCard "-
You have to encounter "UFO" on some site,i don't remember clearly,so if I wrong,please help me
*Outside Winhill Village
*A beach near Timber
*Kaskarbalt desert (near Cactuar Island)
*Health Peninsula(on an island facing the cape of Health Peninsula)
After that,land your Ragnarok on the mountain near Chocobo Holy Garden (on Esthar) and have a fight with an UFO.
Then you return to the old place of Balamd Garden .Encounter Pupu-an alien.Give him some "Elixirs" and he will drop "PupuCard"

BG-57
05-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Is his card worth it , like what can you refine it into?

The Pupu card refines into Hungry Cookpot, which teaches a GF the Devour ability. Definately worth it, since Eden is the only GF that naturally has Devour.

redxiiii
05-08-2005, 04:10 PM
What does devour do?

Squall of SeeD
05-08-2005, 04:50 PM
What does devour do?

It allows a character to eat monsters. By eating the right types, a character can permanently increase some of their stats. Monsters have to be weakened before they can be eaten, though.

redxiiii
05-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Sounds cool!

BG-57
05-08-2005, 06:12 PM
There are five monsters worth Devouring:

Ruby Dragon (+10 HP)
T-Rexaur (+1 Strength)
Behometh (+1 Magic)
Malboro (+1 Spirit)
Adamantoise (+1 Defense)

Naturally they're the toughest random monsters; Devouring weaker monsters do not boost stats permenantly.

This is a little off topic, but you can also boost Luck by refining a Luck-J-Scroll into a Luck Up (+1).

The easiest stat to boost is Speed. Mug Cactuars to get 100 Cactus Thorns, then refine them into a Hundred Needles, then refine again to Speed Up (+1)

redxiiii
05-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Can someone tell me why it a
had a miniture pyramid in it`s tractor beam though?

rubah
05-08-2005, 08:31 PM
To look cool.

Ruby Dragon's have about 80-120k hp (can't remember, but it's more than a t-rexaur and less than a marlboro)
t-rexaurs have about 80k. They're insanely easy. Make sure you don't leave them poisoned if you happen to have bio or pain junctioned, it'll kill them off prematurely. Stop works well. Keep careful track, at 9999 dmg a turn it's easy to kill them off too soon.
marlboros are best killed by either drawing their own demi about 18 times, or by using cerberus and using three at a time about six times or so. 3 for one ability is good for this, since it means you don't have to draw more as often:)

I haven't fought enough in esthar to remember how much hp behemoths have. It hink it's about 40k or so. Maybe higher.

I think you can also devour a certain party member at a certain battle at the end of disc 3, but that's an automatic game over. Should give a hp boost.

If you dont' want to refine your pupu card, you can get unlimited hungry cookpots from using Angelo search. They can be refined into dark matter or shaman stones, I believe. (or maybe dark matter *after* shaman stones)