PDA

View Full Version : Earthbound

GooeyToast
05-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey, anyone remember Earthbound for the old SNES? That game was the bomb when it came out, and it still is today.

I mean, when you've got a arch enemy named Pokey who looks like the blond fat kid who lives next door, and a party member named Poo (yes, that's his name), you just can't go wrong! :D

besides the awesome characters, the was was just freakin' hilarious. In what other game do you get to fight crazed traffic signs, or a boss named "The Great Mighty Belch"? I think none.

So, what do you guys (and girls) think of that old classic game? :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Ironically I just finished replaying it on my emulator a few days ago. It's a great game, and I was dissappointed that, with all the talk of a sequel in the actual game itself, a sequel was not forthcoming.

DMKA
05-07-2005, 10:34 PM
"The bomb"?

I couldn't get into it.

GooeyToast
05-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it sucks because they were making a Erthbound 64 or something for the N64, and they cancelled it midway through!

The latest game i've seen of Earthbound was Super Smash Brothers, but you could only play as Ness or Mr. Saturn in a fight. :(

I know they released Earthbound 1+2 (or "Mother" as it's known in Japan) for the GBA, but i guess they have no intention on releasing it in the U.S. I guess we can only hope.....

Del Murder
05-07-2005, 10:53 PM
It was pretty fun for what it was. Not your average RPG, which is a plus.

Sepho
05-08-2005, 02:05 AM
Loved it.

That's about all I can say. It's pretty hard to describe what it is I like about it. It just "feels" cool, meaning the quirky music and atmosphere are great at holding my attention. I'm weird about how a game's world "feels" to me. I like Secret of Evermore for pretty much the same reason.

theundeadhero
05-08-2005, 03:53 AM
I loved it!

I even have a hacked copy of Mother on a cartridge for my NES.

Gau Dude
05-08-2005, 02:14 PM
It starts as a great game. After Buzz-buzz dies, it's all sticky and silly. Even I LOVE this game, I HATE him.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Mother 3 is still scheduled for release on the GBA.

theundeadhero
05-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Mother 3 is still scheduled for release on the GBA.:)

Martyr
05-08-2005, 03:56 PM
I love the game.

It was exxtremely unique, a lot of fun, and I think that it was well made.

But I can see how it might be hard to get into it. I have a permanent maturity level of an 8 year old, which helps me out a lot.

GooeyToast
05-09-2005, 10:36 PM
What system did Mother 3 come out for?

I thought there was only 1 and 2. 1 on the NES and 2 on the SNES.

T-MaN
05-09-2005, 10:41 PM
It was fun while it lasted.

Sephex
05-10-2005, 12:20 AM

God, I hope so. Seriously, Earthbound is a game that really grew on me over the years.

Cless
05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
It's currently on my " Snes roms that I'll have to get 'round to playing some day" list, along with countless other roms. I have to admit, it does look kind of funky though!

*moves to front of list*

GooeyToast
05-10-2005, 12:42 AM

What system did Mother 3 come out for??!!! I want ot know. I thought Mother 2 was Earthbound in the U.S., and that that was the last Earthbound game to come out.

So, what is Mother 3?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Mother 3 didn't come out for any system. It was scheduled for release on the Nintendo 64's 64DD CD add-on, shifted to development for the normal cartridge-based N64, faced numerous delays over a number of years, and was finally cancelled in August of 2000. As a Mother fan, you should know that and consider it the biggest tragedy in your lifetime.

DMKA
05-10-2005, 02:30 AM
Am I playing the same game? The one where you're the kid with a frying pan and a meteor lands outside in your town, and you and your dog go out and look at it? And then there's giant bugs you end up fighting?

GooeyToast
05-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Well, i knew that they were planning to make a Mother for the n64 and that they cancelled it midway through, but i didn't know it was the same game. I figured if they were porting a Mother game to the GBA, it was one other than that, considering it wasn't completed. So, I was just wondering becuase "mother 3" was never released.

Also, I just recently began playing Earthbound again, so i wouldn't call myself a true "Lifelong Mother Fan" to the series.