PDA

View Full Version : Walk the Walk?

Rase
05-08-2005, 06:42 AM
Olay, so today, I was at the mall when I saw some kid - lets call him Billy- playing a PSP. Now, this isn't that big a deal, I mean sure, he's the first I've actually seen playing one, but whatever. What got me was something I've seen a lot, but never understood. Little Billy was playing his PSP while walking. Now, I know that this occurs a lot, but to me, I never understood it, nor could I effectivaly do it. But for me, hand-held gaming is for when I'm on the go, but not trying to concentrate on something else, like walking, driving, swimming, etc. I play when I'm riding in a car or bus, etc., or in a hotel when I'm on trips.

Anyway, so do you do this?

Excelsior
05-08-2005, 07:42 AM
i used to do it when i was a kid, and then i stopped playing handheld systems in public when i realized i look like a frickin nerd to hot chicks. but i wouldnt play it and walk, id bump into people if i did that.

Shlup
05-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Sure, I usually play Lumines while walking home from school. I'm not concerned about looking like a nerd to hot chicks. ;)

Rase
05-08-2005, 08:40 AM
I'd be more concerned with running into things.

Maybe I just can't multitask that well.

DMKA
05-08-2005, 09:37 AM
I couldn't play and walk. I'm pretty much the same as you according to everything you've posted.

And I don't give a shiz is people think I look like a 'nerd'. But then, I'm not in 9th grade anymore.

Dreddz
05-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I dont generally play while walking
Im more sittin down person
But i definatly wouldnt play my PSP in a mall.
I mean I duno bout America but in UK, carrying hundreds of pounds of equipment just generally in a place or bus or street, its most likely a greedy person may want his hands on it and most probably steal it off you. I play my PSP in long car journeys mostly. I just want to know my PSP is secure and hidden from thieves

Meat Puppet
05-08-2005, 10:41 AM
I play it while I make love.

Dr.K
05-08-2005, 10:53 AM
I mean I duno bout America but in UK, carrying hundreds of pounds of equipment just generally in a place or bus or street, its most likely a greedy person may want his hands on it and most probably steal it off you.
My thoughts also. People around London are way too interested in other people's possessions for their own good, so while I can't multi-task that well anyway, I'd probably not bother anyhow due to the brooding eyes of the illuminati potential thieves.

Xander
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't really like playing my GBA while walking, just because, yeah, I like to concentrate on walking really, although I did play Boktai walking to and from town a few times since I needed to be out in the sun anyway. And I didn't have that much trouble there.

Lindy
05-08-2005, 03:11 PM
I did play[ed] Boktai walking to and from town [around] a few times lot since I needed to be out in the sun anyway. And I didn't have that much [had no] trouble there.

omnitarian
05-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I've never really walked around while playing a handheld, probably because I'm never that bored/in a hurry. It's pretty disorienting to walk around by looking at your feet. Unless you hold the handheld up to your face... in which case you'd probably look like an idiot. I suppose you'd get better at it with practice, though.

XxSephirothxX
05-08-2005, 04:53 PM
I've never tried, but more than likely I'd run into stuff if I did.