PDA

View Full Version : Omens

Gollum
05-08-2005, 09:25 AM
The other night I had a dream in which there was a situation where I really needed to speak spanish. Now being a dream I spoke spanish and did whatever it was I needed to do. I forgot all about this dream until the next day where I saw people speaking spanish on a TV show. I thought that was a bit wierd. The next day at school in my japanese class the teacher mentioned something about spanish and just now I noticed something about spanish in this post http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61669
I think there are omens telling me to learn spanish so I have decied to try and learn the language. My question is Has anything like this ever happened to you?, if so did you act on it? Do you belive in omens?

Ism
05-08-2005, 10:13 AM
No, N/A and Yes.

ffrinoa8
05-08-2005, 03:41 PM
wow... that's deep... but i do have a feeling like that has happened to me before!

Rye
05-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Oh, omens happen to me sometimes too. I get scared by them, because I'm afraid if I think about something bad happening, it will happen.

XxSephirothxX
05-08-2005, 04:51 PM
No me gusta presagios.

Jojee
05-08-2005, 06:15 PM
No me gusta espanol.

Clouded Sky
05-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Te gusto!

Rainecloud
05-08-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't believe in omens. I believe in coincidences.

:)

rubah
05-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Coincidences are fun, but that's all they are. We never see the times that they don't occur.

But it's hard not to attribute some value to them:)

Magus
05-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I believe in Omens, i don't believe in coincidence. I think that everything that happens has a purpose for good or bad i do not know, but everything is guided by a more powerfull entity. Everything and everyone starts at a point A to finish at a point B each having their own purposes, and this cannot be changed or modified no matter what.

Samuraid
05-09-2005, 11:34 PM
It all depends on what you desire to do. If you think that learning Spanish would benefit you and that you would enjoy learning another language, go for it.

Ism
05-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I think that we control what happens. There is no coincidence because we make it happen. There is no Point A and Point B. Everything happens for a reason I agree. But the reason changes depending on what we make it.

rubah
05-10-2005, 12:49 AM
So people go around laying those quarters you find on the ground down individually just so *you'll* find them? xD

If they were all glued down, I would believe that^_^

Samuraid
05-10-2005, 01:24 AM
I don't believe in omens, nor do I believe in the significance of coincidence.

Magus
05-10-2005, 02:43 AM
So people go around laying those quarters you find on the ground down individually just so *you'll* find them? xD

If they were all glued down, I would believe that^_^

you know what's funny? when you said that, it maded me think of myself. this may sound weird but sometimes when i need something i just happen to find it laying on the ground. Talking about quarters :p lol once, I was at chinatown and bought a bubble tea(it's a drink with some sort of chewy bubbles at the bottom that u suck up with a huge ass straw) then realised that I was missing a dime, then looked around, coincidence! there was a dime laying on the floor waiting for me to pick up! coincidence? I think not! xD yes, i kno it's a stupid story but heh i was quite suprised when it happened.

P.S. yes, i tried wishing to find a suitcase full of "benjamins", didn't work.

Raven Nox
05-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Well... if you condiser all the times I think of a song or anything, and then 10 secs later a person starts singing the same song, or says the same thing or close to the same thing I was thinking, then yes, I believe in omens. This not only happens to me with poeple. I'll think things (again a song or a topic) then a day or so later I'll see something on TV with it, or other things. Used to happen a lot. Still happens sometimes, not as much though. I used to get Deja vu quite a bit also.

T-MaN
05-10-2005, 02:52 AM
I believe in Omens. If you had all those things happen to you concerning the Spanish language, then I would recommend you to actually learn it. Although, you shouldn't learn a new language if you feel that there is no point, or that you don't like it.

Gollum
05-10-2005, 07:23 AM
God I just the word Spanish written on olive oil, I swear its stalking me

Old Manus
05-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Then take out a restraining order, so that if Spanish comes closer than 200ft away from you, you have permission to chop its balls off.

Gollum
05-10-2005, 07:46 AM
:D Yeah Ill do that

Jebus
05-10-2005, 07:58 AM
I had a dream once where I was talking to a friend on a bus. Then the next day I hear he claimed the seat next to me on the bus for the trip to the Bahamas. While on the road, we had the exact conversation in the dream, word for word. I don't remember what it was exactly, but it involved the car he just sold to me.

-N-
05-10-2005, 08:02 AM
Neel> I'm bored.
Mindy|Win2k> Do something?
Neel> Can't think of anything.
* princeofdarknez has joined #eoff
Neel> Well look how decided to drop in.
Mindy|Win2k> Wow, there's a name I haven't seen in a long time.
* Mindy|Win2k waves.
Kishi> ...
princeofdarknez> >_<
princeofdarknez> I'm flattered you remember me.

<b>ZOMG!</b>

Devourment
05-10-2005, 09:01 AM
No, N/A and Yes.