PDA

View Full Version : The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe trailer!

TheAbominatrix
05-08-2005, 12:28 PM
http://www.narniaweb.com/news.asp?id=266&dl=2842210

Check it out. This trailer is just amazing... I cant wait for the movie. I wish it would come out sooner. I'm really impressed with the scope of the battle. The Stone Table scene looks amazing... and the girl they got to play Lucy looks perfect. The shots of Cair Paravel were gorgeous as well.

So, any thoughts?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-08-2005, 12:30 PM
i read the book when i was a kid and saw the old animated version but this new version looks really good, im definetly going to go see it :choc:

TheAbominatrix
05-08-2005, 12:33 PM
The old versions were... bad. I think I saw the animated one, but I cant remember. I found the BBC version at a thrift store, which wasnt horrible, but it wasnt all that great either. This new one will be amazing.

Rye
05-08-2005, 03:45 PM
I can't wait to see it. Amy Lee from Evanescence is composing the opening score for the movie, I think~

Or at least, she's making one of the songs on the movie. I forgot which.

Martyr
05-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Cool. I was just thinking that they ought to do this. Since the old movies, you know, weren't all that good... at all.

Miriel
05-08-2005, 05:46 PM
I saw the trailer yesterday while watching Harry Potter and I agree, I think Lucy looks perfect.

I'm going to try and keep my expectations low, just so I won't be disappointed if the movie turns out to be a flop. But WETA is doing the costuming and set design for the movie, and that just makes me giddy. :D

Brian The Pink Shark
05-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I can't wait to see it. Amy Lee from Evanescence is composing the opening score for the movie, I think~

Or at least, she's making one of the songs on the movie. I forgot which.

cool, Amy Lee writes some very good music :choc:

Samuraid
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey, they used music from the Treasure Planet soundtrack in that trailer! Right when Lucy is opening the wardrobe. (Treasure Planet, Track 7) :D

Caspian
05-08-2005, 10:37 PM
Will <font size=345345><b>Caspian</font></b> be in it?

Raven Nox
05-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, I'm not actually waiting for this movie, but I might see it. When I first read it, I thought it was ok, nothing more, nothing less. But after reading A Wrinkle in Time, which I can safely say was the worst book I've ever read, I liked it oh so much more. So i'll see it I guess, doesn't look bad.

Chibi Angel
05-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I used to read the chronicles of Narina when I was little, so I'll probably go see the movie just for the heck of it.

Resha
05-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I luff the books! I seriously hope the movies live up to the books! :D

Martyr
05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Probably won't be seeing Caspian unless they continue with more books in the Chronicles.
More specifically, either Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, or he might play a relatively small role in The Silver Chair.

But none of that stuff will probably be attempted until they see the success of this flick.

boris no no
05-08-2005, 11:22 PM
me and my friend have been waiting forever FOR THIS!! theres been a big poster at our cinema for like 4 months!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!! cannot wait!
*exited*
the BBC one was class! bad acting and britishness! go hand in hand! :p
fantastic

TheAbominatrix
05-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Probably won't be seeing Caspian unless they continue with more books in the Chronicles.
More specifically, either Prince Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, or he might play a relatively small role in The Silver Chair.

But none of that stuff will probably be attempted until they see the success of this flick.

Yeah, they'll be continuing if this film does well. They may even do all 7 movies, which I'd love to see.

And Caspian isnt in this one because it occurs over one thousand years before his time in Narnia

krissy
05-09-2005, 04:15 AM
feels good that i knew what the spoiler tag was gonna say before highligthin it

bring back memories

makes me feel good

mmmm yea

screw lotr and potter and whatever else

this is it

Rase
05-09-2005, 04:28 AM
This makes me hate wiating even more.

Man, this whole year needs to be over with so everything I'm waiting for will be out. :mad:

Nod
05-10-2005, 03:53 PM
The actor who plays Peter goes to my old school.

i'll probably watch it at some point

boris no no
05-10-2005, 04:03 PM
The actor who plays Peter goes to my old school.

i'll probably watch it at some point
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: wow!
lets go get some autographs and free tickets! xD

Shlup
05-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Makes me hungry for Turkish Delight. That stuff is yummy.

My name is...something..?
05-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Wow, I read those books back in elemntary school, I think I still have them in my closet.
Might have to see this for nostalgia's sake.

Rase
05-11-2005, 12:16 AM
Makes me hungry for Turkish Delight. That stuff is yummy.

Oh, my gosh, I SO want some now, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!! :whimper: :crying2: