PDA

View Full Version : Ultiemeacia strategy

redxiiii
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Can anyone help me? I`m struggling with ultiemecia and her servants, could anyone tell me whar order I should unlock the abilities, and a strategy to beating the servants. Any other helpful information is also much appreaciated.
My lvls are as follows:Squall-57-str-145
Zell-55-str-77
Rinoa-26-str-103

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2005, 06:29 PM
You've beaten the first one on the stairs, right? Which command did you chose?

If you've missed any GFs during the game, you should chose the Draw command as soon as possible.

A good strategy for Tri-Point is to simply be immune to or absorb Thunder, Fire and Ice dammage. Go for Demi or Diablo when fighting Red Gigant and make sure you absorb Fire dammage when you fight Timat. The order you want to defeat them in depends on what GFs you already have... if you want to get those you missed earlier... if you did. :greenie:

BG-57
05-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Take on Sphinxaur first. Junction ice magic to Elem-Def. Unlock GFs.

Take on Tri-Point Second. Junction thunder magic to Elem-Def. Unlock Magic.

Take on Krysta next. It counters most attacks. High level Diablos and Cactuar attacks work well. I'd unlock Resurrection at this point.

Trauma should be taken on next. Pandemonia and wind magic work on it. Unlocking Limit Breaks is useful. If you rely heavily on them, unlock them earlier.

Next up is Red Giant. It relies on physical attacks so blind it. Magic or GF's work better than physical attacks. I'd unlock Item by now.

Garguntua uses earth magic and beserk, so junctionto your Stat-Def and Elem-Def accordingly. Unlock Command Ability next.

Catopas uses thunder attacks so junction thunder magic to Elem-Def. Unlock Draw.

Tiamat is slow to attack. Avoid using fire thunder and wind magic. Unlock Save (since you can always leave the castle to save)

Omega Weapon stategies are covered in other threads.

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60849

EDIT: Ultima Shadow, good point about Draw. But if you have a full roster of GFs it's a low priority.

redxiiii
05-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Take on Sphinxaur first. Junction ice magic to Elem-Def. Unlock GFs.

Take on Tri-Point Second. Junction thunder magic to Elem-Def. Unlock Magic.

Take on Krysta next. It counters most attacks. High level Diablos and Cactuar attacks work well. I'd unlock Resurrection at this point.

Trauma should be taken on next. Pandemonia and wind magic work on it. Unlocking Limit Breaks is useful. If you rely heavily on them, unlock them earlier.

Next up is Red Giant. It relies on physical attacks so blind it. Magic or GF's work better than physical attacks. I'd unlock Item by now.

Garguntua uses earth magic and beserk, so junctionto your Stat-Def and Elem-Def accordingly. Unlock Command Ability next.

Catopas uses thunder attacks so junction thunder magic to Elem-Def. Unlock Draw.

Tiamat is slow to attack. Avoid using fire thunder and wind magic. Unlock Save (since you can always leave the castle to save)

EDIT: Ultima Shadow, good point about Draw. But if you have a full roster of GFs it's a low priority.

Thanx thats great help but can you tell me were to find these monsters???

Seto Fett
05-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Make sure you unlock your GF abilities first, then GFs, then draw, and from then on, whatever else you want. I said GF abilities first because I'm assuming you got Recover and Revive, which are great. As for the locations, sheesh, just look around the castle. They are not exactly difficult to find, owing to their size...

Ultima Shadow
05-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Make sure you unlock your GF abilities first, then GFs, then draw, and from then on, whatever else you want. I said GF abilities first because I'm assuming you got Recover and Revive, which are great. As for the locations, sheesh, just look around the castle. They are not exactly difficult to find, owing to their size...
Why GFs? At this point in the game, GFs are not really that useful. And if you've missed some GFs, going for Draw first is the obivious choise. And then you'll go for Red Gigant and defeat him by draw-casting Demi on him.

Or if you want almost all possible info about Omega... check out this: http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48182 :D

Actually... I would go for Draw first and then Limmit Break, Magic, Resurrection, Items, Abilities, GFs and then save. But whatever... anything works. It all depends on your fightingstyle. :cool:

lionhearted
05-08-2005, 09:14 PM
ummm... does anyone know that if you junction 100 firaga and 100 thundaga to your elemental defense, when you fight Tiamat, since all he can do is use Dark Flare, the damage will be absorbed as Health (like if you use any fire magic on a Bomb). So just go and draw from a few Jelleyes until all your party have 100 firaga and thundaga and you have a party which Tiamat can't hurt at all!

(PS - your party must have at least 1 of the following GFs each in order to have at least Elem-Defx2: Quetzalcoatl, Shiva, Ifrit, Leviathan, Pandemona, Alexander, Doomtrain.)

redxiiii
05-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanx for all your help guys I`ve beat the Iron giant and the spinxaura(thats good for me) I`m going to take on Trauma next, and then, thanx to lionhearted`s info, I think I might take on Tiamat!!!

BlackRibon
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
i guess u must have 100 flares to absorb Tiamat's damage.

Ultima Shadow
05-09-2005, 06:47 PM
ummm... does anyone know that if you junction 100 firaga and 100 thundaga to your elemental defense, when you fight Tiamat, since all he can do is use Dark Flare, the damage will be absorbed as Health

make sure you absorb Fire dammage when you fight Timat.

i guess u must have 100 flares to absorb Tiamat's damage.
Actually... you just need to absorb fire dammage. Dark Flare is fire elemental.

crazybayman
05-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Just check out the walkthrough on this site. It'll tell you everything you need to know.

redxiiii
05-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Okay guys I`ve beaten Spinxaura,Red giant, tri-point, trauma and Tiamat, I`ve unlocked, magic,draw,item,ressurection and limit breaks, I`m still struggiling to find the other monsters, i`m guessing the pipe organ has to be played to make the monster appear but I don`t know what to play?? and when I ring a bell a time of 1:00 comes up what do i do, please help??!!

MushroomZOMBIE
05-11-2005, 10:19 PM
That is the Omega Weapon........we didn't ask you to go for him!!!!!...........
anyways...........he's hard,unless you know the attack pattern,have REALLY good junctions,high speed,etc.I think you should kill it last.
The organ doesn't give you another servant.It just opens up a path where you can get a Rosetta Stone.It gives your GF to learn Abilityx4.

redxiiii
05-12-2005, 05:15 PM
So could someone tell me were krysta is, and after I`ve beat him have I killed them all??

BG-57
05-13-2005, 11:32 PM
If you've defeated five, you have three left to fight to unlock all the abilities, not including Omega Weapon: Krysta, Gargantua, and Catoblepas.

To fight Krysta you need to use both parties. Have the party you don't want to fight Krysta with run across the chandelier to cause it to crash down again. Move to the green glowing circle in the room below to pull the lever and switch to the party you want to fight with. Have them run across the chandelier (it'll stay up this time) to the far side.

Krysta awaits.

rubah
05-14-2005, 02:52 AM
Which one was it that you had to go outside the castle to fight?

I kept going to that one stairwell and getting mad because I didn't see any hallway to go across at.

yay for obscure guidesxD

BG-57
05-14-2005, 03:51 PM
The party fights Krysta on an exterior balcony and Tiamat on an outside ledge on the clock tower. The other battles are in interior rooms.

rubah
05-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Aha, Tiamat then. I just remember that was one wicked long walk X.x;

redxiiii
05-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Hiya guys, I`ve just challenged Ultiemeacia for the first time :D bad news is that after I defeated Griever, with much ease I might add, the electric went :( well anyways can I please have some more info, Is there anyway to choose which characters ultiemeacia fights first?

BG-57
05-14-2005, 08:39 PM
The game apparently picks three of your party at random. Of course, you can let your unjuctioned characters get killed and absorbed into time until all the properly equipped characters appear.

Limits breaks are more useful than GFs by this point, so stock on Auras. Also if you have Holy Wars, it'll make winnning easier. It's a tough battle, no matter what.

redxiiii
05-16-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanx for all your help guys! :D thanx to you I beat Ultieamecia first time, without anyones ultimate weapon or squall`s str up to 255!! :cool: the last battle was pretty close because at first I had two of my main team members, so i had to have everyone else absorbed into time before i could get Squall :mad: in the last form of ultiemeacia I had everyone else but Squall absorbed into time!! and after 5 duels and 6 renzokukens she still hadn`t gone down!!!, in the end I`d given up all hope as Squall only had 1hp!! so I let rip one more Renzokuken and as luck would have it that renzokuken finished her off!! :tongue well thanx again guys help was much appreaciated.

Ultima Shadow
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
To beat her without the ultimate weapons and cheap stuff is the GOOD way to beat her! :D

Congratulations! Did you enjoy the ending? :cool:

redxiiii
05-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Yeah!! the ending was very weird though, but it had a sentimental value to it, and the little camcorder scene during the credits was really funny!!