PDA

View Full Version : iTunes won't work

Magus
05-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I just got an IPod Shuffle recently, the IPod works perfectly but the program used to transfer music to the IPod, iTunes, is messed. Okay right after I installed the program it works, but as soon as I restart my computer and click on the application all I see is the little "sand time thing"(however that thing's called) telling me that it's loading for like a second and it goes away, then nothing. It's as if i never clicked on it. anyone has this problem? i don't want to have to reinstall the program everytime i want to add music to my mp3 :mad: .

crono_logical
05-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Have you tried reinstalling it once first to see if that fixes the problem? :p

Samuraid
05-09-2005, 12:42 AM
If iTunes fails to load, there may be another related program that has "stopped responding" and is in turn causing iTunes to wait. Restart your computer, and try loading iTunes again. If it stops loading, press CTRL+ALT+DEL (or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and look at the "applications" tab. If any task listed there says "not responding", try ending that task and seeing if iTunes will continue loading.

Magus
05-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Have you tried reinstalling it once first to see if that fixes the problem? :p

yeah, i reinstalled it about 4 times already. The problem persists.

If iTunes fails to load, there may be another related program that has "stopped responding" and is in turn causing iTunes to wait. Restart your computer, and try loading iTunes again. If it stops loading, press CTRL+ALT+DEL (or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and look at the "applications" tab. If any task listed there says "not responding", try ending that task and seeing if iTunes will continue loading.

That is what i did, but there is no changes in the Applications, iTunes doesn't even appear there, but does in the Processes everytime i click on iTunes it appears in the processes for a second about the moment that loading sand thing your cursor turns into when the computer's working and then just disuppears again.

Edit: This is my exact problem http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@177.VHx6aHgsSa4.7@.68ae97bd
but i barely have anything that could be a problem to iTunes and i tried to disable everything at Startup already, still not working.

Samuraid
05-09-2005, 03:19 AM
I haven't used iTunes very much so I don't know how to help. About all I could suggest would be to make sure you have the latest 4.7.1 version:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Magus
05-09-2005, 03:44 AM
I haven't used iTunes very much so I don't know how to help. About all I could suggest would be to make sure you have the latest 4.7.1 version:
http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

thanks, it updated but the problem persists. I don't think the version is the problem :( btw, i edited my last post there is a interesting thread on Apple's site, but doesn't quite solve my problem yet.

BackRoomKid
05-09-2005, 07:58 AM
iTunes will not work for ME...don't know if you're using that

mine works fine...don't know what to tell you buddy

o_O
05-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Ipod Shuffle works as a USB flash drive, doesn't it? Can't you just transfer the files like that?

Or is the problem that iTunes won't work but you can easily do it the other way? :p

Magus
05-09-2005, 09:12 PM
since i cannot see the songs that i put into my iPod in the (H: ) drive, i believe that if i try not using iTunes it'll just be there like any other files that would be in a memory stick, so i wouldn't be able to listen to it. no?

Samuraid
05-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Songs that you copy onto an iPod with iTunes are just normal audio files...

BackRoomKid
05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
iPod and Shuffle are compatable with just about any format

i think .mp4 audio files are the default MAC files

Magus
05-11-2005, 09:54 PM
no, :mad: i have to transfer it by iTunes or XPlay for it to work. If not the iPod considers it as a file in a harddrive. It's like as if it was divided in 2 sections
1) transfer in by iTunes or XPlay:songs that you transfer on your Mp3, so enables you to listen to it on your iPod.
2) transfer manually: considers it as if it was a file that i want to carry around to bring to another computer. so doesn't read on the iPod.

the problem is iTunes doesn't work, and XPlay ... That's Extra money! and not even sure that it will work, tried to install the trial version, it said i had to get some "Windows XP service Pack 1" which i don't feel too secure about.

Samuraid
05-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Ah. Windows XP service pack 1 is "out of date" now. Service pack 2 is the latest.

I just looked and found a program that copies songs to and from the iPod, but its for Linux. I don't know how to help you any further as I don't own an iPod and can't try anything out.

Killy
05-12-2005, 12:01 AM
I heard about a plug-in for winamp that would let you add songs to yor Ipod. Maybe you could try that. Try google.

Edit: here (http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=138888)

Magus
05-12-2005, 03:35 AM
Ah. Windows XP service pack 1 is "out of date" now. Service pack 2 is the latest.

I just looked and found a program that copies songs to and from the iPod, but its for Linux. I don't know how to help you any further as I don't own an iPod and can't try anything out.

thank you for your help, i really appreciate it :) .

I heard about a plug-in for winamp that would let you add songs to yor Ipod. Maybe you could try that. Try google.

lol it worked! finally :D i've been searching for something like this for like ... 5 days now. Why does it always happen that you're the one who always "heard of", "seen something that" or "have read about" something that could solve my bugs/problems/glitches? man ... next time i think i'll just call you before doing any searches. :rolleyes2
thanks

Samuraid
05-12-2005, 06:19 AM

:cookie: for you. Good work. :)

Croyles
05-13-2005, 07:06 PM
i have the exact same problem for iTunes, except, sometimes it loads straight away, sometimes it doesnt load at all and sometimes it takes like 30 minutes and then it suddenly pops up, very strange...

Magus
05-14-2005, 03:42 AM
i have the exact same problem for iTunes, except, sometimes it loads straight away, sometimes it doesnt load at all and sometimes it takes like 30 minutes and then it suddenly pops up, very strange...

lol well, lesson of the day: "Dont use iTunes"

That winamp plugin is working perfectly, why dont you use that too. :)