PDA

View Full Version : FFII = Star Wars

TurkSlayer
05-09-2005, 02:53 AM
Has anyone else noticed this? Think about it, you are a Rebel group led by a Princess trying to defeat the Emperor (which is of course the most obvious simalarity) who has a Dark Knight (much like Darth Vader) whojust happens to be related one of the main characters, Maria. Also, his Dark Knight kills him, much like Darth Vader. I was just thinking about the new movie when I realized this. Has anyone else noticed it?

DarkLadyNyara
05-09-2005, 03:11 AM
Huh... Never thought of it that way. Interesting.

DJZen
05-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Yup, it's even more Star Warsey than FFVI. The destruction of worlds/towns, a mystical force considered dead, the last jedi/dragon knight, and small furry critters that help out.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-09-2005, 03:37 AM
Lionheart doesn't kill the Emperor; Frioniel and company do. Lionheart's only in on it when they re-kill him in Hell, and even then it's a team effort.

DJZen
05-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Which is why it's similar but not an exact match. All the same Lionheart has a hand in defeating the Emperor. The ONLY way that it particularly fails is that Lionheart doesn't particularly seem to be swayed back toward the light.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-09-2005, 03:57 AM
Note that both he and Cain in FFIV go off on their own at the end of their respective games. They should get together.

DJZen
05-09-2005, 04:04 AM
You've given me this horrible urge to photoshop the two of them together in a compromising position. Thanks a lot.

Captain Maxx Power
05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Where's the camp droids? Where's the starships? How come Leon doesn't have breathing difficulties? How come you're not taught at some point by a small green lizard with bad grammar? Star Wars nothing doing!

EDIT: Scratch that, I just found this. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=885754&postcount=4)

KoShiatar
05-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Final Fantasy creators are notorious Star Wars fans. Do the names Biggs and Wedge tell you nothing? So it just might be.

Del Murder
05-14-2005, 05:55 PM
I think the first thread I ever made here was about how FFVIII = Star Wars. This one probably makes more sense.

Fireblade13
05-16-2005, 08:42 PM
its like the Medieval equivalent of Star wars. So who played jar jar binks.

abrojtm
05-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Gordon.

DarkLadyNyara
05-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Ah, yes, the one everyone wanted to die.

Chris
05-17-2005, 12:30 AM
Ah, yes, the one everyone wanted to die.
I didn't want Jar Jar to die, what a horrible and grotesque thing to utter so freely. :(

TurkSlayer
05-17-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm just going to write every connection I can think of.

Firion: Luke or Anakin Skywalker (he is the hero, after all)
Maria: .... Padme? I don't know!
Guy: Chewbacca (tough, and can talk to beavers, like Chewy who speaks a completely different language)
Princess Hilda: Pricess Leia, of course.
Minwu: Yoda, for his all-knowingness.
Josef: Someone else think of that.
Gordon: The earlier mentioned Jar Jar.
Cid: Hon Solo (because he gives you his airship, and sort of reminds me of Hon in other ways)
Leila: Hmm... Fighter Padme. I can't think of anything else.
Ricard: Obi Wan Konobi (for a number of reasons)
Leon: Darth Vader.
Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Jar Jar was cool. (and Gordons okay if you train him)

Classic Axe
05-17-2005, 07:14 AM
Gordon was like a preview to Spoony Edward.
Really, this was the first 'evil empire' game. The WARSHIP was a lot like the Death Star, yes. This was probably the first RPG to have plot twists as well. Also, the emperor's 'surprise' comeback was really unexpected....even after being jaded on such plot twists, this one still caught me off guard.

Fireblade13
05-26-2005, 09:15 PM
The guy who is always talking to Jar Jar is Scott. Josef is Qwi gon because he died so early. Go Yoda!

Sefie1999AD
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
Final Fantasy II reminds me a lot about Star Wars Episode V: Empire Strikes Back. Both are also very dark in their atmospheres. As for which character I think is like which:

Frionel - Luke Skywalker
Maria - I think Princess Leia would be a good choice, but I think she's still more calm and peaceful than Leia, so I think Padmé Amidala.
Guy - Chewbacca sounds good...
Princess Hilda - Mon Motha (the leader of the Rebel Alliance)
Minh - Either Qui-Gon or Yoda. Fine, it's Yoda.
Joseph - He's a great fighter, right? I think he's like Mace Windu. He also gets killed by a traitor after you've beat the living out of an enemy boss.
Gordon - Either Jar Jar Binks or C3PO. Make your pick.
Cid - Han Solo sounds good.
Layla - I'll insert Princess Leia here. She's arrogant enough to be Leia.
Richard - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Leonhart - Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader
Emperor Palamecia - Emperor Palpatine
Paul - BoBa Fett would be neat, but Paul's a good guy. Lando will do.
General Gotus - Governor Tarkin (or Admiral Piett)
Beavers - Ewoks
Airship - Millennium Falcon
Warship - Death Star
Blood Sword - Mace Windu's purple lightsaber that can make short work of the Emperor very quickly.

That's all I can think of for now.

DarkLadyNyara
05-30-2005, 11:15 PM
This had to be done.
Amidala (http://www.planetestarwars.online.fr/Galerie/AMIDALA0.jpg)
The Emperor (http://www.gamesarefun.com/games/fforigins/35.jpg)
Granted, the hair isn't an exact match, but it is remarkably simmilar. :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-30-2005, 11:43 PM
Hair horns.

eestlinc
06-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Yea, the makers of FF2 clearly copied off the Star Wars prequels that didn't even exist.

Or, George Lucas clearly copied his characters off an obscure video game that hadn't been officially released in English until after Episode I was made.

Fireblade13
06-01-2005, 08:49 PM
So many similaritys
No coincedence its copyright infringement.

funkotron
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
So everything with a Rebel alliance and an Empire is like Star Wars? Then my house is Episode 2.5.

crashNUMBERS
06-27-2005, 01:03 AM
Oh shoot!! I just noticed that. This amuses me sooo much. lol... :lol: :laugh: :lol: :lol:

DJZen
06-27-2005, 03:35 AM
Maria isn't like Padme Amidala. Her role in the story is in no way similar. Now stop this foolish rumor mongering at once or I shall be forced to engage in the nerdiest of debates, and, as the local pie eating contest champion, I am CLEARLY more well qualified for such a debate than all of you combined.