PDA

View Full Version : My lips are chapped.

fire_of_avalon
05-09-2005, 05:07 AM
But unseasonably so. Chapped lips are a symptom of the viles of winter, and we're in full spring in these parts!

Do you ever go through icky bad things during the wrong time of year. Like chapped lips in springtime or summer flus?

eestlinc
05-09-2005, 05:09 AM
my lips never get chapped and i refuse to ever use any lip products on them. I attribute this to daily practice of a brass instrument.

so if you have problems with chapped lips, don't bust out the carmex, but out a trombone!

TheAbominatrix
05-09-2005, 05:11 AM
My lips are always chapped. It doesnt bother me too much, its an excuse to pile on the Strawberry LipSmackers.

I have a tendency to have allergy troubles at random times. Sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes at random points in the year... though then again, I live in California and the weather never changes enough to effect the plant life, so maybe that's it.

DMKA
05-09-2005, 05:18 AM
This thread made me put on more ChapStick.

My lips get chapped out of nowhere, reguardless of the weather...it's strange.

Sasquatch
05-09-2005, 05:28 AM

Ditto. To both parts.

I don't really get summer flus, but my allergies come and go whenever they please.

Yamaneko
05-09-2005, 05:35 AM
I find myself hating people during Spring.

Caspian
05-09-2005, 05:49 AM
I laugh at your misfortune!

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 05:52 AM

Ditto. To both parts.

I don't really get summer flus, but my allergies come and go whenever they please.
My lips are chapped when I wake in the morning. I don't wear lip stuff because it doesn't do anything, my chapped lips prevail over any synthetic product. I bet if I were making out with girls, my lips wouldn't be chapped.

Rainecloud
05-09-2005, 07:21 AM
I suffer from Hayfever in the spring/summer months, which makes me feel like I have the flu constantly. I only suffer from chapped lips in the winter, though (if at all).

Nod
05-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Recently ive been going through a spate of having cracks at the corners of my mouth. i dont know why, but would put it down to general stress and lack of sleep. it very annoying!

Devourment
05-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Hmmm, not really.

I'm much more irritable in the summer than I am any other part of the year though.

WildRaubtier
05-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I used to get chapped lips every year. But now I don't. Because I am superior!

Dr.K
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM
I usually get chapped lips either if I'm run down or if it's winter. I usually get a chest infection once a year, usually around the middle of winter too. It's almost become routine :(

Loony BoB
05-09-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm a firm believer of chapstick falling into the "the more you use it, the more you need it" category. I don't put stuff on my lips and I don't play the trombone either, I also live in Scotland and it gets pretty damned cold over here (and used to live in NZ and it gets pretty warm there) and I've never had any massive troubles. Maybe a day or so on some rare occasion, but I won't use it then either. I train my lips to take care of themselves. :p

Meat Puppet
05-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I've never had chapped lips and never sucked anything.

Chris
05-09-2005, 12:53 PM
I have eczema all year around, it tend to go worse when it's winter or cold outside. o_O

Psychotic
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Hey foa, want me to kiss 'em better? :joey:

....BECAUSE I WON'T! NOT AFTER LAST TIME! ...I'm still picking the beef jerky out of my hair.

Anyway, I think I sweat more in Summer than Winter, but that's true of everyone.

fire_of_avalon
05-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Making out doesn't cure chapped lips, you goofs. It makes them hurt worse.

I mean, what?

Resha
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Meh. I experienced winter ONCE...and my lips went all chapped and peeling. I just used lotsa lotsa vaseline on 'em. :D And my hands went dry and wrinkly whenever I put them in too much water. :(

Summer, rain. :S I stay the same as far as I know. But in winter sometimes I think I will get frostbite. :( WHY?

Psychotic
05-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Making out doesn't cure chapped lips, you goofs. It makes them hurt worse.

I mean, what?Oh alright, here's an alternative joke, just for you :love:

I guess that means we can't make out anymore, huh? :(

fire_of_avalon
05-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Not until my lips feel better :(

Old Manus
05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Okay Snake, you have chapped lips. These are a real danger to your mission. To cure this, press START and go into the SURVIVAL VIEWER. Then, press the L2 and R2 buttons to select the item 'LIPBALM'. Then use it on your lips and you'll be better in no time.
Also, remember to use the KNIFE to take bullets out of your face.

Destai
05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
My lips are often chapped and I hate having to put on chap stick. Its irritating.

Old Manus
05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
*kicks in ball sack*

Ashi
05-09-2005, 09:50 PM
My lips get chapped all the time, doesn't matter what time of the year or what time of the day. I use lip balm, though, and it seems to help a lot.

Kamiko
05-09-2005, 10:33 PM
I always have to borrow other peoples chapstick because the chapstick tubes are so small I always lose them. I always end up using my twin brothers.... DAMN THE ORGANIZATION OF IT ALL!

Ism
05-09-2005, 11:32 PM
I used to get chapped lips every year. But now I don't. Because I am superior!

rubah
05-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I have a tube of chapstick with me at all times.

Rest In Pieces
05-10-2005, 01:48 AM
my lips never get chapped and i refuse to ever use any lip products on them. I attribute this to daily practice of a brass instrument.

so if you have problems with chapped lips, don't bust out the carmex, but out a trombone!

I play Tuba!!! I still get the occasional chapped lip though... :cry:

Shlup
05-10-2005, 04:00 AM
I find that my lips are baby smooth after making out with my boyfriend. I recommend it.

During the Summer I used to get killer nose bleeds, but not really anymore. I went through a period last year where I got nosebleeds for a good 20+ minutes, bad enough that when I was alone I'd call for someone to come be with me for fear of passing out. I have no idea what caused those though.

Sasquatch
05-10-2005, 04:12 AM
I find that my lips are baby smooth after making out with my boyfriend. I recommend it.

But not all of us have access to your boyfriend.

As far as my experiences have gone, however, a good makeout session does tend to help clear up the chapped lips.

Shlup
05-10-2005, 04:14 AM

But not all of us have access to your boyfriend.
Well if you want you can draw his face on your hand and make out with that. I'll allow it.

Rye
05-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Did anyone make a reference to Napoleon Dynamite yet? :(

fire_of_avalon
05-11-2005, 07:48 PM
Nope. Go right ahead.

Yamaneko
05-11-2005, 07:55 PM
You know what they say about chapped lips? Cold air.