PDA

View Full Version : Healing question

Nod
05-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Right. Can anyone on here...

Critically Evaluate the Notion of Healing as a Performance??

I was just wondering cos ive been trying to do so all night and I havent got anywhere yet! :(
:D

Ism
05-09-2005, 07:57 AM
No.

Super Christ
05-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Not exactly sure what you mean. I watched doctors perform surgery on the Learning Channel when I was little, if that's what you mean. I've known exactly what the human brain's looked like since I was 6. :) Though I would not recommend trying to perform surgery on yourself.

withered
05-09-2005, 04:50 PM
I think this is going along the lines of a placebo topic. Most healers, who perform, don't use any type of medicine.
Take the bible bashers in America for example. They heal through a placebo. The church goes have the mentality that these preacher types have the ability to heal no matter what and if they are not cured it is because their faith in the Lord is not strong enough. This is a placebo of sorts, they think it works so it does work.
Placebos have been proven to improve health just because the person getting them thinks they should be healing them. Though placebos are not generally given out in the medical profession due to the fact that it would be unethical and they don't work for everyone.
Though in the world of alternative medicines: placebos work wonders for those who have faith in the treatment. Then again it could be the almighty Lord, but if he wont stop wars why would he heal some Hill Billy American?

T-MaN
05-09-2005, 05:15 PM
You want to heal? Go and learn the arts of the White Mage. :) It helps.

Caspian
05-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Why is everyone forcing their homework down our throats?

Nod
05-10-2005, 12:06 AM
I think this is going along the lines of a placebo topic. Most healers, who perform, don't use any type of medicine.
Take the bible bashers in America for example. They heal through a placebo. The church goes have the mentality that these preacher types have the ability to heal no matter what and if they are not cured it is because their faith in the Lord is not strong enough. This is a placebo of sorts, they think it works so it does work.
Placebos have been proven to improve health just because the person getting them thinks they should be healing them. Though placebos are not generally given out in the medical profession due to the fact that it would be unethical and they don't work for everyone.
Though in the world of alternative medicines: placebos work wonders for those who have faith in the treatment. Then again it could be the almighty Lord, but if he wont stop wars why would he heal some Hill Billy American?

yeah, ive finished the essay now, and placebo had a pretty big mention. 3500 words of what can safely be described as total rubbish!

also, it wasnt homework, it was an aspect of a %100 module on 'healing performance' for my degree.

Sephex
05-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Say it costs around three to five MP on average.