PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Baaaad Little Boy

Strider
05-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Well, this is talkin' about being bad in video games. When you have a choice, which kind of response do you take most of the time?

Seriously, I can't bring myself to be mean or hateful or anything like that in a video game. Except for Bard's Tale, where being mean is hilarious.

Meat Puppet
05-09-2005, 08:12 AM
flip a coin

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Years ago, I tried a few times to get some of the different dates in FFVII but consistently failed because I just couldn't stand to be mean to Aeris. I mean, she let me nap on her precious church flowers. The least I could do was push the correct barrels to knock over the soldiers chasing her.

Also, in Metal Gear games, I usually tranquilize guards and bosses whenever possible instead of killing them. The exceptions mainly occur while playing MGS3, where it's just too fun to get into huge firefights and blow crowds of Russian sentries away with the shotgun and TNT.

Strider
05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
I like the way you think.

nik0tine
05-09-2005, 09:45 AM
I am pretty much inbetween, although I lean farther to the nicer side. (I do go on my killingspree's though. :p)

Dr.K
05-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Most of the time I'm nice. If I ever feel like a short spell of nastyness, I'll do it, then load the game :rolleyes2

Armisael
05-09-2005, 10:27 AM
I like to be nice ^_^

Captain Maxx Power
05-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Depends. Usually I have different games going in certain games (notably the likes of Knights of the Old Republic games) I have completely good or evil characters. It seems that the neutral in the world don't get anything however.

Mercen-X
05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Also, in Metal Gear games, I usually tranquilize guards and bosses whenever possible instead of killing them.
I wasn't aware you could tranquilize bosses. :screwy: I also tranquilize the soldiers though. I also like being able to stuff them into lockers. Now if only there was a way to lock them in with a grenade.

Xander
05-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Same here, I can't bring myself to be mean in video games. I take them very seriously! xD

Pure Strife
05-09-2005, 04:18 PM
In RPGs, the top choice, in everything else; whichever's quicker.

Destai
05-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Years ago, I tried a few times to get some of the different dates in FFVII but consistently failed because I just couldn't stand to be mean to Aeris. I mean, she let me nap on her precious church flowers. The least I could do was push the correct barrels to knock over the soldiers chasing her.

Also, in Metal Gear games, I usually tranquilize guards and bosses whenever possible instead of killing them. The exceptions mainly occur while playing MGS3, where it's just too fun to get into huge firefights and blow crowds of Russian sentries away with the shotgun and TNT.

Dreddz
05-09-2005, 04:45 PM
The outcome usallys is bad when your bad on video games so Im usally nice. But im sometimes bad like in Manhunt or sumin

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-09-2005, 04:50 PM
As many of the games I like to play where there is a choice are the Bioware games like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights, you can still get good experience for being good. Also, a high reputation gives you good prices on gear. So I play the good guy.

Flamethrower
05-09-2005, 09:55 PM
What a bunch of boy/girl scouts. I do whatever is more fun. If that means being a "big meanyhead", then I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Jebus
05-09-2005, 10:16 PM
In games like Fable or KotoR I usually feel bad afterward if I try to go evil. Didn't think my conscience would apply to games but :/.

Psychotic
05-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Evil as I possibly can be. For example I like to torture guards on MGS by shooting them in their arms and legs but never killing them and then punching them in the groin.

And on the Sims I always used to invite the neighbours over, then wall them into a little prison and then watch them die. Great fun! Then I'd put all my Sims in the swimming pool and remove the stairs. Or I'd make a room with 6 or so fireplaces, as one of them was bound to create a fire.

Why? It's funner. I can't be evil in real life and as video games are supposedly an escape from real life I might as well screw with everyone in the games. No-one gets hurt and I have fun. Win-win situation!

Super Christ
05-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm almost always nice - especially so in RPGs or other games with some amount of plot, like Zelda. But on the rare occasion I play GTA, I am one bad, bad man.

Rase
05-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Or I'd make a room with 6 or so fireplaces, as one of them was bound to create a fire.

Just surround one with carpets, it's more cost efficent. Or stick the Sims in a room with no toilets or doors, that's always amusing for half an hour.

Anyways, yeah, I'm usually the nice guy in games. If I have the option of killing or knocking out enemies (Splinter Cell, Thief, etc.) I always go for knocking them out, if possible. But, if need be, they're going down before me.

T-MaN
05-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Same here, I can't bring myself to be mean in video games. I take them very seriously! xD

Same here, until some crazy Boss just won't die, and I am forced to become evil and use my dark powers of the Sith.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2005, 03:09 AM
Also, in Metal Gear games, I usually tranquilize guards and bosses whenever possible instead of killing them.
I wasn't aware you could tranquilize bosses. :screwy:What did you think those stun/stamina gauges were for?

escobert
05-10-2005, 03:21 AM
I'm evil in real life and in games :p

KuRt
05-15-2005, 03:43 PM
I like playing KOTOR the hard way (the evil way) :radred:

theundeadhero
05-15-2005, 04:19 PM
I usually go with the good guy way my first time through because thats usually the best response. After that I go with whichever is funner or more true to what I would do if I were I the situation.

In FFVII I always miss on purpose so Aeris can fight and gain EXP.

Maxico
05-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Or I'd make a room with 6 or so fireplaces, as one of them was bound to create a fire.

Just surround one with carpets, it's more cost efficent. Or stick the Sims in a room with no toilets or doors, that's always amusing for half an hour.

Anyways, yeah, I'm usually the nice guy in games. If I have the option of killing or knocking out enemies (Splinter Cell, Thief, etc.) I always go for knocking them out, if possible. But, if need be, they're going down before me.

I prefere to stick them in a room full of carpets and firework sets. I also created a prison camp with 2 guards and 14 prisoners who were locked in cells without food... that took too long so I burnt it all down. Then I built a haunted mansion on top of it and made a bad horror movie.

Chibi Angel
05-15-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm usually mean and evil

StarlightAngel
05-15-2005, 07:15 PM
If there is no plot, such as Sims, then I'm EVIL!

If there is a plot, I'm little miss goody two shoes, helping out everyone and playing the hero :cool:

TasteyPies
05-15-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm playing Neverwinter Nights right now and I am "Chaotic Evil". Kill a couple dozen villagers and it takes alot to build that trust up again.

Zante
05-16-2005, 05:12 PM
Im usualy good with a hint of evilness. Mostly it depends on the game and situation.

Craig
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
If it's a game like Fable i'll play through Good then try out Evil afterwards.

Though I must say, even as my Good character I couldn't resist killing my Sister.

Sploddess
05-16-2005, 06:39 PM
I love to play through as the more evil person and then the good. Being Evil is more fun usually.. Take Black and White for instance not only do you get to be the bad mean and evil god who can throw fireballs at you to make you believe in them you can send your giant Animal to do your torturing too. :love: I love it!

Perducci
05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
What a bunch of boy/girl scouts. I do whatever is more fun. If that means being a "big meanyhead", then I'm not going to lose sleep over it.