PDA

View Full Version : Forging the darksword (spoilers)

KuRt
05-09-2005, 04:51 PM
So anyone here read the book forging the darksword?

I have to do a school project about the book but the book is soooooooo boring that everytime i try to read it, I fall to sleep..

So, here I´m asking, Could someone please tell me what happens in the book???

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-09-2005, 04:52 PM
I would tell you except that I loved that book and the fact that you insulted it makes me extremely disinclined to do so.

KuRt
05-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Ok ok.. YAY!! The book is so good that i can´t stop reading it!! I just wanna know what happens in the book because I can´t wait until i finish it!! So, would someone please tell me?

Pure Strife
05-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Captain Kirk finds the One Ring, then sets off to do battle with the evil Tony Hawk, who has a mountain fortress in Canada. Along the way, Kirk meets up with such memorable characters and Top Cat, Pacman, and Satan. Together they journey through the realm of Lollipops-and-Sugarcanes, to such exciting locations as Uranus, Halloweentown, and Bonerland. Finally, Tony Hawk reveals himself to be Sonic The Hedgehog and is split in half by Kirk's Pork Sword of Might, then the story closes with Mickey Mouse going at it with Darth Vader.

Good luck with your report.

Zifnab
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Jesus, if I could've read something like that at school, I'd have aced my exams.

Sorry, can't help. Delivery of my copy isn't due until May 15th.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Jesus, if I could've read something like that at school, I'd have aced my exams.

Agreed. The book is quite good, as are most of the works of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I don't think I'll be bailing you out of this one, especially if you're priviliged to read such a great book. I had to read Heart of Darkness and Jane Eyre in High School, deal with it.

KuRt
05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok, I´ve read the book halfways and STILL nothing has happened :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-15-2005, 04:18 AM
If you're halfway in they've already met Simkin so stop complaining.

A good part of the book's charm is the immersion into the world that they've created. The pacing is actually rather good, they spend enough time with the buildup so as to not skimp on the detail, which can be done in other books.

And if you call what happens with Joram and Anja (especially the events with the overseer) "nothing" then you're obviously expecting some sort of high-octane movie with explosions every other second. If such is the case, maybe reading isn't for you.

StarlightAngel
05-15-2005, 04:35 AM
O_O

*hissssssssssss* EVIL PERSON!!!!!!

I really liked that book too :cry: