PDA

View Full Version : KH beginner

Vyk
05-06-2005, 07:48 PM
Just kidding ^_^;

But now that I have your attention. As some you may have noticed in some FF threads I've posted in. The Final Fantasy franchise is loosing it's lustre for me. I'm one of the people that believe it's been on a downhill decline since FFVIII. Just my opinion. I'm not here to debate that issue. But I really miss the charm and love a good FF game used to instill. And I can't seem to find that in an actual FF game. So on a pure whim of boredom I decided to launch into the KH franchise. Less than $20 for a decent game. Why not give it a try? So, I did. The beginning was fascinating. Got kinda boring though... searching out Donald and Goofie in that town was a pain in the butt. But once we got together... that first team fight. Pure awesomeness. I really really love the Disney skits too. They did a great job capturing the Disney atmosphere. And after a while I found myself not wanting to stop. Been a long time since an RPG has done that to me. So we're off to a good start. Now the reason for me making a topic. I'd like to know if any KH veterans have any tips/suggestions and whatnot for a rookie just breaking in (finally) (: Thanks all.

SeeDRankLou
05-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Do all of the Colliseum tournaments all three ways, they are fun. If you can figure out how to do the timed courses non-insanely-high levels, then you will probably have enough strategy to beat anything in the game. Take some time to do stuff with your Gummi Ship, annoying as it may be, it makes the Gummi Ship rides more fun in the end. Magic and summons are your friend, not your enemy. If you chose the Magic Rod in the beginning of the game, you aren't going to get a lifesaving ability called Second Chance for Sora probably until after the point in the game where you probably needed it, so be patient. Otherwise, you'll get it soon enough and life will be grand. Other than that, every once in a while go back to Traverse Town and run around and kill some heartless, especially in the Gizmo Shop, to gain a few more needed levels every once in a while. And be thorough in your search of areas, there are a lot of good items to be found. If you need munny, "fight" some White Mushrooms to get the items that they drop, they can be sold for 250 munnies each.

Craig
05-06-2005, 10:23 PM
And don't forget to buy CoM.

Vyk
05-09-2005, 02:53 PM
Wow, thanks SeeD. Quite in depth coverage ^_^ Though I should clarify, what do you mean choose the rod? As a weapon I assume. I chose the sheild, and disgarded the sword. So I assume the rod has some meaning in my play o_o And the white mushrooms... are they the ones that don't attack? I feel bad hitting those guys :/ Supposed to help them somehow, but I dunno...

Skyblade
05-09-2005, 05:42 PM
Goody goody gumdrops, I love dispensing knowledge about games I enjoy.

The weapons you choose at the beginning determine your stat growth and the order in which you learn abilities. The rod enhances your MP, the shield enhances your defense, and the sword enhances your attack, basically.

The White Mushrooms are the cute little guys who don't attack, but play charades instead. If they shiver, cast Fire on them. If they fan themselves like they're hot, cas Blizzard. If they look lethargic with a light over their head, cast Thunder. If they spin around, cast Aero. If they float, cast Gravity. If they freeze, cast Stop. And finally, if they collapse, cast Cure. Cast the same spell on them three times to get the Fire/Blizzard/Thunder/Aero/Stop/Gravity/Cure Arts items (among other things) which can be turned in to Merlin once you get one of each for a new item, and sell the rest. Don't attack them, because they are one of the few Heartless in the game who don't try to wipe you from the face of the universe.

Freya0
05-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Okay so i just got Kingdom Hearts yesterday .. and i absolutly love it!! OMG! I dont know how much of this i can take.. i played for like 3 hours yesterday.. i just couldnt stop :D :eek: :D :eek: :D :eek: :D

Since i am a beginner ( :mad: ) are there any tips out there on being successful through out the game!?! any tips would be GREAT!! :tongue:

Freya

YukiKiro
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
take it slow and spend time leveling up. when you build your deck, make sure you have high number attack cards and a few zeros at the end of your deck for a fast counter against a boss sleight. keep like spells close to each other for sleight convienience and try to memorize the sleight combos as they appear in the status menu, they need to be in the order that they are listed to work.

Destai
05-09-2005, 07:21 PM
I dont think he meant chain of memories. My advice. Not to worry about your levels etc. Just go about the game as you wish and you'll enjoy it more.

KuRt
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Like destai said, tkae your time, you can beat the game in very low lvls. But one thing i suggest is getting all 99 puppies to see the secret movie :)

Vyk
05-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Thank you XD I love passive badguys. I'll go back and try and help a few of 'em out...

Skyblade
05-10-2005, 01:34 AM
They're not just passive badguys, they're cute passive badguys.

(Oh, and please don't make another pointless topic title like that again. There is now another person new to KH who is asking for newbie tips. Had you included a meaningful title, there might not have been any need for a second thread. You'd have had my attention anyway, because I have nothing better to do.)

Vyk
05-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Eh not my fault they don't look around >_>; Must be a site newbie too. Even if I don't feel like checking every thread. I at least highlight the first few to get the tool-tip thing to pop up with the first post in it. But I can see the problem ;P Sorry

Xander
05-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Although it's generally pretty easy to avoid enemies you should take time to kill them so you can level up sufficiently =) And...hmm, the stars show how hard a world is, so go to the easier ones first ^^ Other than that.. just have fun and if you have any problems come back here ^_^

MoonZapdos
05-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Level up at least three times in each planet, manage your abilities well and try to best your battle strategies. Also, you could complete the puppies' sidequest like KuRt said. Playing around with your Gummi Ship is nice too. :love:

Lover of Kh
05-12-2005, 02:49 AM
My piece of advice is that depending on what u answered for the three question they ask u in the beginning of the game, u could see a special scene later on in the game or not and it also determines certain fights and how u level up. So the best way u can fight in the game is if u level up to lvl 7 before u leave the island. It makes fighting a certain person in Traverse Town much easier. Also the order I think u should go in for the worlds is the lvl 1 world, lvl. 3 world, then the lvl 2 world. It will make fighting the boss in the level 2 world easier to fight, since you'll have an easier time fight with.....well you'll find out. But like they said, take your time and have fun! :D

KuRt
05-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Oh yeah, also, do like me: level up to lvl 15 by hitting wakka´s balls back :D that was fun :love:

Destai
05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah, also, do like me: level up to lvl 15 by hitting wakka´s balls back :D that was fun :love:umm...or dont :/ That will take ages!

KuRt
05-13-2005, 12:43 PM
it took ages :love:

sayen
05-13-2005, 02:59 PM
When you have to answer the questions go for the bottom answer that way you don’t have to work to hard to level up when you can beat riku keep fighting him and you will get potion after potion add infentatum which is very useful once the dark side attacks and you get the keyblade don’t go to the secret place kill all the hartless shadows first so you can have more power for fighting leon in traverse town

KuRt
05-13-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah, to see the hidden video, you also gotta lock every wolrd includin the 100acre woods (and collect the puppies)

Spammerman
05-14-2005, 12:26 AM
lvl up byhitting wakka's ball and getting tech points, then kick the crap out of riku, then continue the game collecting stuff and whoopin @$$

Del Murder
05-14-2005, 02:47 AM
Merged the two beginner threads.

Skyblade
05-15-2005, 12:37 AM
My piece of advice is that depending on what u answered for the three question they ask u in the beginning of the game, u could see a special scene later on in the game or not and it also determines certain fights and how u level up. So the best way u can fight in the game is if u level up to lvl 7 before u leave the island. It makes fighting a certain person in Traverse Town much easier. Also the order I think u should go in for the worlds is the lvl 1 world, lvl. 3 world, then the lvl 2 world. It will make fighting the boss in the level 2 world easier to fight, since you'll have an easier time fight with.....well you'll find out. But like they said, take your time and have fun! :D

Um, what scene is this? I haven't heard about it at all. I thought the questions simply determined how you leveled up...

KuRt
05-15-2005, 08:58 AM

Um, what scene is this? I haven't heard about it at all. I thought the questions simply determined how you leveled up...

Yes, the questions have absolutely nothing to do with the secret movie.

Lover of Kh
05-19-2005, 03:42 AM
That's not what I meant! I meant a special scene in Monstero! And the fight in Monstero. Now u made me ruin the special surprise! *crys*