PDA

View Full Version : Help with Chrono Trigger

Destai
05-09-2005, 08:12 PM
I downloaded the rom recently and Ive really really enjoyed it. CT's a great game. I was especially happy to download it because it was never released in Europe and for a while I thought Id never get to play try it out. But now Im having a problem. Im in the chapter "Beyond the Ruins" and Ive just caught the rat statue. Hes told me to hold L&R on the console to the right at the entrance and hold A. I dont know what buttons are L&R on the rom. No matter what buttons I press the console on the right doesnt react at all. I really dont want to lose interest in this game because I cant press a few buttons right. To anyone whos played the rom do you know what the proper buttons to press are? Thanks.

Magus
05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
errr ... didn't you configure your buttons ? lol
if you are using the same Emu as i do: ZSnes you should be able to. i propose to you to put L and R as L and R on your keyboard, actually, i propose to you to put all the buttons as the same buttons on your keyboard. I remember that it saves alot of trouble later on when you have to enter passwords and stuffs.

Destai
05-09-2005, 09:37 PM
^^ It worked! (and it was so simple *cringe* ><)Thanks the secret passage just opened and Im planning to spend as long as I can continuing on with my saved game. Thanks again. :p

Magus
05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
lol :p no problem *2 thumbs up*

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
If I remember right, that's the last time you have to press buttons simultaneously. You shouldn't have a problem with the passwords in the factory, as long as you know what's what.

X- Menu key
A- Confirm key
B- Cancel/Dash key
Y- You'll use this to switch party members after you leave 2300. Or, don't bother with it and just talk to party members at that place you go to after 2300.

The L&R buttons have functions in Chrono Trigger, but they're not needed for the most part. For example, when you get the Epoch, L&R changes the time, but the control pad does that too, so. There is one spot in the game where you will need to know where the L & R buttons are quickly, and that's near the end of the game in a sidequest. Use the config to your liking so you can easily type in L-A-R-A.

~*~Celes~*~
06-08-2005, 01:54 AM
In my ZSNES, my big brother set the Insert key as L and the Home key as R. This is easy to remember because they're right next to each other and I don't have to go searching the keyboard for L and R....Then again, that's just me ^^

~*~Celes~*~

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Having Earthworm Jim and FFVII on the PC, depending on what kind of Super NES game I'm playing, I try to mimic those controls. So, since CT is an RPG, I try to set us up the bomb---errh, controls a la FFVII, except I use Home and PgUp for L and R b/c it's easier to remember (they use PgUp and PgDn, so it's harder to remember which is which). So, menu is +, cancel/dash is 0, Enter is confirm, and . is action--all these buttons are on the numpad. If I'm playing a platformer, I pretend it's like Earthworm Jim, so ctrl is whatever jump is, and the rest is whatever I'm comfortable with. If Y is run, then I use a different key than enter, but if I'm playing Earthworm Jim, it's Enter. If I'm entering a password, then I change it to letters so I can just type it in.