PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get excited their first time playing?

Seto Fett
05-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Well, first off, I loved Final Fantasy X. When I saw the news of the a FF X-2, I was overwhelmed. I always wanted a direct sequel and I finally got one, to one which merited one I may say. I remember the first time I played X-2, completely spoiler free and strategy guide free. It was truely an experience revisiting old places, meeting old allies like Issaru, Brother, Cid, and other characters plus seeing Yuna and the original gang again. It was just so cool deciding where to go next and not knowing what or whom to expect next. I even liked the plot, as it was interesting seeing Spira split apart after years of unity against Sin. So, did anyone else enjoy working though the game the first time though? Did you feel any of excitement I did?

Jess
05-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I was quite happy when I heard there was going to be a sequel to FFX, and when I played FFX-2 for the first time I thought 'Cool'. But since then my opinion has changed and I think they could of done ALOT better with the sequel.

Holy_Aeris
05-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Excuse me???
First time playing what?????

Ohhh FF of course!
Yea!!!!! but then i got excited whenever i something ff new comes out!

I wasn't excited the first time i played ff, cause i was watching me bro play it and the i had a go and then bam!!! here i am today!

Buccura
05-09-2005, 11:59 PM
If there was any excitment, it was quickly put out when I realised that it SUCKED =P

CaptRory
05-10-2005, 04:00 AM
I'd just finished FFX and the next day I got X-2. I thought the game was great as a sequel, as a stand alone game it would have been mediocre at best, but as a continuation it did its job well. It concluded FFX (I played through twice to get the perfect ending.) It answered some interesting questions like "Now that Sin is gone, what happens to Spira?" All in all I liked how most everything was wrapped up. As for the game part of the game, I liked the job system, I liked having access to the airship from the start. It was just plain fun for me.

Charlotte
05-10-2005, 04:18 AM
I was really happy when i heard there was gonna be a sequel to FFX. I was a little excited playing it the first time through but i dont think thst i will ever enjoy it as much as X. It was cool seeing Spira over again and I liked seeing what the Al Bhed were going to be like after Sin was gone. It was cool.

Zanius
05-11-2005, 10:46 PM
Well, first off, I loved Final Fantasy X. When I saw the news of the a FF X-2, I was overwhelmed. I always wanted a direct sequel and I finally got one, to one which merited one I may say. I remember the first time I played X-2, completely spoiler free and strategy guide free. It was truely an experience revisiting old places, meeting old allies like Issaru, Brother, Cid, and other characters plus seeing Yuna and the original gang again. It was just so cool deciding where to go next and not knowing what or whom to expect next. I even liked the plot, as it was interesting seeing Spira split apart after years of unity against Sin. So, did anyone else enjoy working though the game the first time though? Did you feel any of excitement I did?

I also share your excitement. But there was 2 things that I didn't like the game:

1 - The battle system (I prefer the battle system from Final Fantasy X)

2 - The evil percentage points.

Although that was real awesome to know more about Spira and Yuna's story as well.

FF freak
05-12-2005, 03:43 AM
Why were the fiends so easy though?!!! That's my biggest problem!!!! You learn all these techniques and rarely ever have to use them!!!

CaptRory
05-12-2005, 03:49 AM
I think the biggest problem is that people seek out the "best" way to tackle a problem and ignore less efficient battle plans. I had a Songstress in my group for a looong time, and while the boss battles could have been easier they were decidedly more fun then the second time I played through with an optimized group.

Excelsior
05-13-2005, 07:23 AM
i was actually really excited and liked this game when i played through it. throughout the whole game i thought it was really awesome. and then, after i beat, i was thinking about it, and i was like "wait a minute, that game totally sucked ass!!" and then i got pissed at square.

Mercen-X
05-13-2005, 09:34 AM
The X-2 battle system rocked! It just felt more real than the enemy freezing while you take your sweet-ass thousand years to make up your mind about what to do next. I mean, it've been funny if one of the bosses looked at their watch while you were making up your mind. I admit, X's battle system was something that I'd wanted at one time, but IT was just plain weird and totally unrealistic. Granted, it's unrealistic to control three chicks at the same time, but hey, chaos action is better than no action.
I hated the battle system from VII as it claimed to be active time and it hardly active at all . . . and I hated even more the battle system in IX. How infuriating! I liked the fast-paced action of X-2 where everything you did could get strung together for a massive combo. I'm sure if the fiends and bosses had been a bit more difficult, anyone could appreciate that. Although Angra Mainyu totally pissed me off as I was only able to beat it once by +ing my game and using 37 Annihilator attacks on its ass. All for a ribbon! Which now adds up to an uncomfortable five in my inventory. eesh.