PDA

View Full Version : Doesnt it just feel GOOD

Jakkko
05-09-2005, 10:40 PM
The first time you beat the game :D :p :D :p :D
It felt great lol, the first time i killed Safer Sephi ( on mi sig )
What do you think???

DMKA
05-10-2005, 01:44 AM
[/SPOILER]

Yeah, I remember when I first beat it. Such an awesome day.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Considering it was the first RPG that I played, when beat it, it was pretty dramatic.

TurkSlayer
05-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Jakkko! You used my party!

Yes, it was an incredible feeling. It was also the first RPG I ever beat, and it was an incredible feeling!

rubah
05-10-2005, 04:01 AM
I remember feeling very confused and impatient watching the ending. 'Wtp, what on earth is going on?'

Vyk
05-10-2005, 07:12 AM
I felt empty. I stayed up all night playing the last segments. It was light outside again when I finally beat it. I don't think I could sleep for some reason. That game was so far from my first RPG or first FF. But something about it gripped my damn soul. I fell in love with the world and the atmosphere or something. I didn't want it to end. Then I went out and got the strategy guide (yes, AFTER I beat the game). I did... everything. I beat the game in I think... 30 something hours my first play through? I spent another 30 doing the rest of the important stuff. After getting all the limit breaks and chocoboes and materia maxed and stuff... After that I just went nuts for some reason. Abusing Gold Saucer and stuff. I put well over 100 hours in that game. It loses track after 99 though. I'd bet I ended up with closer to 200 hours total x_X;; Then I finally had to say goodbye and go to therapy ^_^ I still have no idea what it was about that game... Xenogears did the same thing to me. But there wasn't as much to do after beating that game.

DMKA
05-10-2005, 07:18 AM
It took me about 3 years to set it down and quit playing it atleast once a week. xD

It's just...amazing...although, I did all that stuff WITHOUT the strategy guide...so that tells you how insane I was about it and how much time I threw away looking for stuff on my own.

I once had a file where I have everything, and I had three sets of all three master materia, and atleast one master of every single materia in the game, with Cloud, Barret, and Cid at level 99.

Insanity.

-N-
05-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Yeah, it was sweet when I first beat it. I was grossly underleveled (my best summon was Neo Bahamut x3), and the last fight was tough, just like the first time I beat any RPG game. :p

Vyk
05-10-2005, 07:30 AM
I think I spent an ungodly amount of time testing out Aeris Revival rumors x_x;; I was like obsessed for some reason

DMKA
05-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I think I spent an ungodly amount of time testing out Aeris Revival rumors x_x;; I was like obsessed for some reason
Yeah there was one that said you needed to master every single materia in the game...that's what I was trying out. :p

Sad.

theundeadhero
05-10-2005, 08:25 AM
No, it felt horrible. It always feels horrible after beating a video game. Like theres a cold empty void that once was filled, but now whatever filled it is gone :(

Destai
05-10-2005, 08:42 AM
I passed it a day or two after christmas with all my favourite relatives around. How couldnt it be memorable?

Gwelenguchenkus
05-10-2005, 11:54 AM
No, it felt horrible. It always feels horrible after beating a video game. Like theres a cold empty void that once was filled, but now whatever filled it is gone :(

Actually now that you mention it, I DID feel horrible, for those reasons :(

TurkSlayer
05-10-2005, 01:01 PM

I must admit, I felt almost the same way after all the joy had passed. But then I picked up another FF (VI, I think) and then the horrible feeling was over. And I will agree with rubah on being confused, but I was so happy (happiest I had been in a long time) that it didn't seem to matter.

Mercen-X
05-10-2005, 03:52 PM
I must admit, I felt almost the same way after all the joy had passed. But then I picked up another FF (VI, I think) and then the horrible feeling was over. And I will agree with rubah on being confused, but I was so happy (happiest I had been in a long time) that it didn't seem to matter.
You complete the game and your disappointed because you feel like there's nothing left to it . . . but then a bunch of forum-goers tell you about a crapload of secrets you didn't know about. hehehe.

redxiiii
05-10-2005, 09:49 PM
I can`t think of a better feelin then the one I got as i watched safer sephy disentergrate slowly into the air, am tellin ya it`s poetry in motion :D

Chibi Angel
05-11-2005, 01:11 AM
I was super excited when I beat it because me and my older brother were having a race to see who could beat it first and I won :D

TurkSlayer
05-11-2005, 03:23 AM
You complete the game and your disappointed because you feel like there's nothing left to it . . . but then a bunch of forum-goers tell you about a crapload of secrets you didn't know about. hehehe.

Actually, I had known almost all the secrets before I completed the game. The only thing I didn't do the first time (That I can think of) is beat the WEAPONS.

Meat Puppet
05-11-2005, 05:15 AM
I've never finished FFVII.

BackRoomKid
05-11-2005, 05:26 AM
^^^finish it NOW...and then read the most ridiculous and amazing threads on its many mysteries/conspiracies/ and funny rumors...waste of time, but its funny

My name is...something..?
05-11-2005, 06:20 AM
I felt happiness and sadness..
I felt happy that I had beaten the game and finally seen the ending bringing the game to a close.
I felt sadness, because even though I had beaten it, I was sad because I wanted it to keep going.

Imarmatt
05-11-2005, 07:25 PM
I remember it took me ages to beat it. At the time I had a really low leveled team but it was really memorable and I didn't catch the ending much. I was too busy celebrating :( . I'm playing it through again just so I can realise what actually happens.

Fireglass
05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
It was amazing; I was jumping around for two hours yelling out my awesomeness for all to hear. (and I beat it at 1 in the morning so you can imagine how everyone felt about that.)

Armisael
05-18-2005, 06:37 PM
I felt happiness and sadness..
I felt happy that I had beaten the game and finally seen the ending bringing the game to a close.
I felt sadness, because even though I had beaten it, I was sad because I wanted it to keep going.
Exactly my feelings!^_^

BudSoda02
05-18-2005, 07:21 PM
FFVII is the greatest RPG so far to date in my opinion. (& also many others!) The story is done very well, despite the sometimes rough translations. I personally think sequels/add ons to it are a great idea. When there is a fan fic of it up, I immediately go to read it. I'm just appaled when it's something that's very wrong. As in there being nothing but perverted things & nasty comments. Overall it's the greatest RPG of all time. Beating Ultima Weapon for the first time gave me the greatest feeling ever. I LOVE Final Fantasy VII.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Crop
05-20-2005, 07:28 PM
I beat it over a friends house, me and him had been trying for ages, we did EVERYTHING. We used to sleep over each others houses to try and compleate it, but apart from completing the game the best moment was getting a gold chocobo, we had been trying for ages.

But now that we have compleated it, a couple of years ago, i feel our friendship has gotten slightly weaker, oh i loved those day when we used to try and complete FF7.

Ffgrandmaster
05-21-2005, 07:21 AM
I was captured by Cloud's final blows to Sephiroth using Omni-Slash every hit doing more and more damage hurting him worse and worse. For me that was a slow-mo moment watching every blow hit 1 at a time my anxiety growing as I was wondering
"What if I loose here, then what will happen" when that last blow hit, and Sephiroth went flying I was so happy. I still wonder what would happen if it was possible to loose the final confrontation.

Dreddz
05-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I felt empty and sad when I completed it
Knowing it was over was very sad. But then, I knew the game was always open to play. But now, my 2nd Disc snapped, that was the sadest experience of my life.
Really was...........
No kidding............
On my familys life............

redxiiii
05-21-2005, 01:54 PM
I was captured by Cloud's final blows to Sephiroth using Omni-Slash every hit doing more and more damage hurting him worse and worse. For me that was a slow-mo moment watching every blow hit 1 at a time my anxiety growing as I was wondering
"What if I loose here, then what will happen" when that last blow hit, and Sephiroth went flying I was so happy. I still wonder what would happen if it was possible to loose the final confrontation.
You can`t lose the final confrontation I tryed it once and if you wait for Sephy to hit you then Cloud will simply strike back with a less satisfying normal sword attack.

silentenigma
05-22-2005, 03:43 AM
The first time I beat the game my friend came knocking on my door during the ending. My dad was calling me and I kept trying to tell them to wait a sec. Then during the credits I ran over and answered him.
as soon as I could I ran back to my game just in time to see the secret ending 500 years later thing.
It all kind of ruined the moment.

ehsteve
05-22-2005, 05:16 AM
I was reallyi kind of disappointed when I beat it. Safer Sephiroth was way too easy, and he didn't feel like a final boss at all. This could have something to do with me having mastered Mime twice and having Knights of the Round, of course. After I beat him, I reset and fought him again, this time without KotR. It was much more satisfying after that.