PDA

View Full Version : Via Infinito...holy [expletive]...

Queen Anthai
05-10-2005, 02:08 AM
How in the :eek: do you beat the Black Elemental on Cloister 40 of the Via Infinito?

How do you even land a hit, for that matter? :cry:

FF freak
05-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Equip a haste bangle to each of your characters and cat nip to a gunner with level three trigger happy. If you don't have cat nip I have nothing futher to contribute.

Queen Anthai
05-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Then my next question, I suppose, would be what is catnip and how do I go about acquiring it?

Or two more Haste Bangles, as long as I'm asking stupid questions?

CaptRory
05-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Catnip is an accesory you get from an earlier boss in the Via Infinito. When the character who has it equipped has critical health all their heals recover 9,999 health and all dealt damage removes 9,999 health. A great combination is Highroad Winds GG+Speed Bracer+Catnip+Gunner. Also, an easy way to achieve critical health is to equip...gah what are those called....the two items that reduce health...Wring and Bloodlust I think they're called. Equip both of them and swap them out for Catnip and Speed Bracer and your health will be in the yellow.

The reason this works:
With Catnip and at critical health, the gunner will do 9,999 damage with every shot from Trigger Happy. The Highroad Winds Garment Grid gives a default ability of First Strike and the Speed Bracer gives Haste. it allows your gunner to move first and often. As a rule of thumb, for longer boss fights, the other girls should be Dark Knights with health and/or defensive accessories, their role being to support the gunner with Phoenix Downs rather then doing damage themselves. But the elemental should go down early in the first volley of Trigger Happy if you use the Catnip Accesory.

Emily52
05-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Actually, you get Catnip after beating the Black Elemental. Sorry.

As for actually hitting it, equip two of the girls with Alchemist and have the other as a White Mage. Make the White Mage cast reflect and healing spells and make the Alchemists mix Holy Water and any Gem.

The Black Elemental died after I hit it with the second mix.

Armisael
05-10-2005, 11:12 AM
I had all of my players with the gunner dressphere equipped..If you have learned the ability "On The Level"*you must be on a good level of course*then it won't be that much of a problem!^_^

sayen
05-10-2005, 02:08 PM
use 2 dark knighs and a alkamist use that charon command and it shuld do about 8K-9999 damage depends oh your hp and then use darkness and mega poiton with the alkemist or you could just have 3 dark knights and use charon twice

SeeDRankLou
05-10-2005, 08:44 PM
Or an easy way to beat it is to have a Songstress with something that gives her First Strike. At the beginning of the battle, use Magical Masque. This will render the Black Element pretty much useless and you should have an easy time killing it.

Angelroo
05-10-2005, 10:14 PM
If you don't have any of these moves, fear not! There is a way to beat Black Elemental (the way I did), even at low levels. All you need is alot of gil. Use coin toss. It would only take about 110,000 gil to kill it. This is especially easy if you gained alot of gil from O'aka's shop earlier! ;) Then you have Cat Nip! Woot!

CaptRory
05-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Actually, you get Catnip after beating the Black Elemental. Sorry.

As for actually hitting it, equip two of the girls with Alchemist and have the other as a White Mage. Make the White Mage cast reflect and healing spells and make the Alchemists mix Holy Water and any Gem.

The Black Elemental died after I hit it with the second mix.

Doh I was thinking of New Game+, I remembered smacking the elemental around with Catnip but that was my second game, sorry.

boys from the dwarf
06-26-2005, 11:48 AM
I had all of my players with the gunner dressphere equipped..If you have learned the ability "On The Level"*you must be on a good level of course*then it won't be that much of a problem!^_^
dont worry im only BORROWING this quote :cool: ;) ;) :cool:

Cruise Control
06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Even better than on the level is tableturner, 3 or 3 should finish it

Hambone
06-27-2005, 01:35 AM
you have to equip Paine as a dark knight (9999hp mastered charon) and Yuna as a gunner with at least 7000hp, knowing trigger happy lv. 3, rikku as a white mage with at least 1500hp. Every character should be around lv. 55. I beat black elemental on the second try. For beating black elemental a chest where black elemental was containing catnip. :D

Build up a good defense with shell and protect, and have paine just use charon. If you cant beat it with charon have yuna use trigger happy or tableturner to beat it.

ScottNUMBERS
07-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I used three white mages. :trout:

Directorate Jax
07-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Heh, I just used normal attacks. Had Rikku in Beserker with Bloodlust and Kaiser Knuckles equipped. With only 9999 HP, the thing is pretty weak. Just make sure you use the Salvation Promised (or was it Supreme Light?) Garment Grid for a little Auto-Life so you can survive the first Ultima.

Fireblade13
07-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Wow! What is this thing the jumbo Flan from FFX

Markus. D
07-30-2005, 12:46 AM
i defeated it with floral fallal.

i started off by using great whirl, and the two stigma thingos.
it ddnt have a chance.

yuffielover
07-31-2005, 04:49 AM
Have 3 Dark Knights. All you have to do is use darkness 2 or 3 times, since each darkness will inflict 4000-7000 damage.

brother's bigger brother
08-11-2005, 05:22 PM
nuke the smurfer i used 3 besurkers with magic counter and high magic def all lv 100 i cleared the place in 7 hours tough tho

eestlinc
08-16-2005, 06:57 PM
we have a swear filter for a reason. don't try to go around it and don't double post.