Rostum
05-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I speak with my tongue. =)

Devourment
05-10-2005, 10:21 AM
:p

Project G
05-10-2005, 10:24 AM
I was in one of my RE lessons when the teacher asked us if anyone has spoken in tongue which is the "Holy Language" and the most gothic of the goths in my year said yes I have. So I was wondering if anyone has

Devourment
05-10-2005, 10:29 AM
The 'Holy Language'... No, I can't say I have.

Levian
05-10-2005, 10:30 AM
I was in one of my RE lessons when the teacher asked us if...

RESIDENT EVIL LESSONS? Oh, man I wish they taugth me stuff like that in school. >:/

TheAbominatrix
05-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Speaking is tongue is generally thought of as the Holy Spirit speaking through you. It's complete gibberish when it comes out, and there's no way for it to be interpreted or coded, unless another is also moved by God to translate, essentially.

I was never sure what I thought about it until my mom did it. I mean, I believed in it but I cant say I believe everyone who does it. But my mom was at some women's retreat thing, and praying with a group and she started to say "This is weird" but when she opened her mouth all this gibberish came out. So think of it what you will, gibberish hysteria or the Holy Spirit, I believe the latter.

Though I would have made this in EoEo, its gonna be a spam fest here.

Project G
05-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Ha ha resident evil lessons, thats funny, I mean't religious education

boris no no
05-10-2005, 10:56 AM
i talk gibberish all the time. i've got a stutter although it's pretty much sorted out. but when i'm stressed i just cannot get the words out right :p
so yeah i'm holy! :p :p :p

TheAbominatrix
05-10-2005, 11:01 AM
i talk gibberish all the time. i've got a stutter although it's pretty much sorted out. but when i'm stressed i just cannot get the words out right :p

That's not at all what I meant or what it is.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2005, 11:06 AM
I think it's a crock, of course.

boris no no
05-10-2005, 11:06 AM

That's not at all what I meant or what it is.
*huggles*
i thibnk that people can talk in tongues if they believe in something so much. i don't believe in god, but if someone thinks that its possible then its fine by me!

TheAbominatrix
05-10-2005, 11:07 AM

I think you're a crock pot, so make me a roast.

edit: Nah, Im fine with that, Im just trying to clear up that it isnt just 'gibberish'. Gibberish is just a good way to explain it because it sounds like complete language vomit.

Devourment
05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I think it's a crock, of course.Crock of...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Crock of roast pork.

Devourment
05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Ah, I was on the same wavelenght then, I was thinking the same thing.

Dr.K
05-10-2005, 01:14 PM
I haven't spoken in tongues (yet?). I wonder is it only supposed to happen at a religious ceremony or could it just happen anywhere when you're in a reflective mood?

TheAbominatrix
05-10-2005, 01:16 PM
From what I know it can happen at anytime. It's just supposed to be a feeling of joy of the Holy Spirit... but I do believe it does need to be in a 'reflective' mood, as you put it. A spiritual time, but I dont think it neccesary has to be part of a ceremony. I really dont know all that much. It's considered, at least in churches I go to, to be a gift.

Jojee
05-10-2005, 03:34 PM
I think it's a crock, of course. What she said :eek: Although I don't really favor roast pork.

Dking'squeen
05-10-2005, 03:36 PM

Old Manus
05-10-2005, 03:52 PM
I'd say *tongues* but it would sound sick.

Psychotic
05-10-2005, 06:37 PM
I'd say *tongues* but it would sound sick.Not from where I'm standing :joey:

Dking'squeen
05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I'd say *tongues* but it would sound sick.

not sick, just affectively kinky

Old Manus
05-10-2005, 06:46 PM
I meant that I would be poking my tongue out....Wait, what?

rubah
05-11-2005, 12:54 AM
i've never heard anyone speaking in tongues, but I have heard people say they have. So I dunno.

That's mostly baptists and assembly of god people that that seems to happen to, isn't it? Although when the pastor at my first church (presbyterian) came up to visit it when he first started there, he seemed to think highly of it.

Loony BoB
05-11-2005, 12:54 PM
I haven't done it, but I've heard someone doing it. I didn't think too much of it. But I have had some spiritual experiences, but I don't feel the need to elaborate on them unless someone really wants to know (and then they can PM me or something, I don't really mind too much I guess).

One slightly different thing I have heard of though is someone who started speaking in a different language. He'd been at our church for years, apparently, and didn't know what he was saying. Some other person was able to make out some of what he said, though. I don't remember what language it was, I was pretty young. But I thought that was pretty cool. I don't think they were able to make out everything, but some of it was in their language. I think that's the "weirdest" spiritual thing I've seen happen, though. But I have seen a few other weird things over 18 years of going to church.