PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just hate it

Project G
05-10-2005, 01:54 PM
Whe people call you a geek because you play the FF series

Chris
05-10-2005, 02:12 PM
I've never experience such a thing before (mostly because everybody I know, loves Final Fantasy). :rolleyes2

Levian
05-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Of course they're gonna call you a geek. Hide the games. :rolleyes:

Dking'squeen
05-10-2005, 03:18 PM
I tell people to shove it, kiss it or something else and then add, "Or so help me I will shank you," or, "I'm going to make my wife attack you if you don't stop." And then point to my cat who is always on the couch, glaring at the person I'm with.

Destai
05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
People dont call me a geek for liking FF. I dont talk aout it very much and most people I know dont know much about it but plenty of people are interested when they see me drawing FF in art class.

Jess
05-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I've never experience such a thing before (mostly because everybody I know, loves Final Fantasy). :rolleyes2

Or hates it, but they've still played it. [Yeah I know, HATE it?!]

Shauna
05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Hmm... I don't tell my friends or anyone else what I play, cause they just don't care. And I've never been called a geek in my entire life. :D

BlackRibon
05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
all my friends love ff.
so no one called me a geek yet :cool:

Martyr
05-10-2005, 10:36 PM
RPG gamers are geeks.

What should they call you? A pick-up truck?
No. You are not a pick-up truck. You are a human who plays Final Fantasy. Easier than wasting all that time on syllables is to shorten it into geek.

Geek.

JaytodaP
05-10-2005, 10:41 PM
I dont spend too much time on my Ps2 or whatever. I'm outside active, sports, whatever. People probably think you need to get out more

XxSephirothxX
05-10-2005, 10:57 PM
No, not really. Wouldn't really bother me if it happened, though.

rubah
05-11-2005, 02:04 AM
That's why I only talk about it with people that like it (see, if you play video game music on a xylophone during band, people think you're playing random band songs, but fans will come up and say 'man to zanarkand is awesome!!1') or with my friends who call me a geek anyways.

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-11-2005, 02:06 AM
I take it as a compliment, really.

Rase
05-11-2005, 02:22 AM
Never happened, probably because I don't play it to much anymore.

Alice
05-11-2005, 06:33 AM
hm.. i get teased by my friends alot.. for playin video games in general, most of my "gaming" friends (which is like.. 2 people) just tease each other. We always get into arguments about which ones r the best and people then start to call us dorks.. but its pretty much not a negative thing... ^^

BackRoomKid
05-11-2005, 07:03 AM
never been called a geek...mainly cuz i breakdance so everyone makes fun of me asking if i wanna get served

but those that know tease me about it...but they're my good friends, so i don't care

Raven Nox
05-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Yeah, I've been called a geek, but I don't care, 'cause I like my life style, so what if they don't.

My name is...something..?
05-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Nope, never been called a geek.All of my friends know I play it, including the ones who don't play it. I don't talk about it with my friends though, I never feel the need to talk about it with them.
I hang around a large group of people and no one finds it weird to play any game. As long as you don't become uber-obsessed with it you're not a geek in my crowd.

Gwelenguchenkus
05-11-2005, 08:13 AM
When I was in college, I had some friends who were not very familiar with Final Fantasy. One played everquest, and he told me at one point "you'd never catch me playing one of those" ad the other was a huge fan of GTA: San Andreas, and said it looked good but not so great.

No one I knew there really played it except a couple people down the hall, but no one called me a geek.

To go off on a tangent...

One time, Gary, the San Andreas fan, decided to pick up FFX in my room for a while 'just for fun'. In the next two days he played nearly 17 hours! Even my roommate got interested in it, and started playing it.

I found it funny because he said earlier that he 'didn't understand how I could play a game like that'. Undoubtably it has influenced them. I've converted a couple people over to the dark side.

ZuZu
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
A geek?! Yeh, I have heard it plenty of times but I don't really care. My friend understands me because I have my obbessions. PLAYING FF-GAMES OVER AND OVER! BUAHAHAA! Well, kröhöm.... :D

*~Nirvana~*
05-11-2005, 10:17 AM
None of my friends play FF or even have a PS2 to begin with and they all know I'm a hardcore FF fan yet they never call me a geek. In fact, everyone who knows I love FF has never called me a geek.

I understand how you feel though. (They're just jealous they're missing out on something as great as FF :D! Lol.) Don't feel bad about it, just ignore them I guess, they're just being idiots. Playing FF definitely does not mean you're a geek - trust me, I know what a true geek really is

Captain Maxx Power
05-11-2005, 10:38 AM
Usually my reply to such accusations is : "So? I'm still better than you"

DarkLadyNyara
05-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Never been called a geek. Nerd, yes. Socially inept, yes, but not a geek. And not for my FF obsession either. (I'm on Academic Decathalon)

Yuffie514
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM

...and i too praise :bow: FF.

KuRt
05-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Sure, like: "why the hell do you play FF? Play Counter Strike, you can shoot people!"

Yeah right..

DJZen
05-12-2005, 01:05 AM
I doubt anyone who knew me would actually try to call me a geek. Method Man has gone on record about how much he likes video games, but nobody calls him a geek. *shrugs*

Maybe it has something to do with that whole "outside interests" thing...

Del Murder
05-14-2005, 08:39 AM
What's wrong with being a geek?

Chris
05-14-2005, 01:40 PM
What's wrong with being a geek?
People throw things at you. :(
NOT TALKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. :D

TurkSlayer
05-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm called a geek sometimes. I don't usually care. Its only if they say something like "FF sucks!" that I waste any of my time talking back. Everyone I know plays racing games or first person shooters, and I'm not very good at either of them. I have 3 friends who actually play FF, and only one has played anything before FFX, which is to bad.

Lord Chainsaw
05-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Maybe it's just being born in the wrong generation, but as of now, video games are geeky. It's sad really, because they're a form of entertainment just like music is, but music is considered cool (although I personally can't stand music bands. I've never bought a music CD in my entire life outside the classical period).

We've probably got to give it a few more years until people realize video games are a valid form of entertainment. I'm already beginning to see pop culture leak into the video game industry. Whether you consider that a good or bad thing is up to you, I personally hold my own opinions on that.

But all we can do for now is live with it. Time is a far more powerful force than any feeling or emotion, so give them some years and we'll see a change. Can't really say if it will be for better or for worse as of now though.

FoxHoundx25
05-15-2005, 01:24 AM
I'm 5'11", weigh 190 pounds, play football, box, and lift regularly... most people don't make fun of me.......but if they do i throw them down and make them play...after awhile they get the point