PDA

View Full Version : darkest ff

Tigerheart
05-10-2005, 06:48 PM
which is the gloomiest. i say 7, with the black materia thing all going about the world.

Necronopticous
05-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I'd say Final Fantasy VI simply because Kefka actually succeeds in destroying the world and ruling its ruins like an oppressive God. Oh yeah, and Ultros trying to kill Celes in cold blood by crushing her body for absolutely no reason whatsoever except to be an asshole.

Flying Mullet
05-10-2005, 06:59 PM
EDIT BY BoB: Bloody hell, Mulley, that thread you linked to was around a year old. *bops*

BlackRibon
05-10-2005, 09:00 PM
ff7 with no doubt

Destai
05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
With Midgar in mind, VII or VI.

Braindead_Paul
05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
I'd say VI because of all those dark and eerie places like:
-Narshe (and the mines there)
-Phantom Forest/Train
-Zozo
-Vector
-Magitech Factory
-Fanatics Tower
-Kefka's Tower
-Darill's Tomb
-the whole WoR
-all those dark caves
etc. etc. etc.

And because of the oppressive atmosphere in many parts of the game and the menacing design (all that huge technical stuff/machinery for example).
Furthermore the plot is quite morbid, especially when Kefka is involved (poisoning Doma, draining power from espers and throwing them away like trash, killing innocent people and even some major characters, destroying the world, you know, stuff like that...).
Of course, there are some more things making the game "gloomy" like Celes' suicide attempt, MANY undead or zombieesque enemies, Shadow's dreams, Cyan's nightmare, the final battle, etc..

Well, you might find as many dark things in FFVII, so yeah...

rubah
05-11-2005, 02:04 AM
4 seems dark, but maybe that's just my opinion of it.

ff2j isn't very happy for sure either.

My name is...something..?
05-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Um, definately FF6. There was so much death going around and one of the characters even contemplated suicide!
That and the music and the general atmosphere of the game made it fairly dark to begin with.

BackRoomKid
05-11-2005, 06:56 AM
yea, 6....almost every time you visited something was wrong

Slade
05-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Vi or VII.....VI because its just...dark and VII because of all the crappy colours in it make it look dark. Oh and the whole Midgar thing