PDA

View Full Version : neo x-death

Excelsior
05-11-2005, 07:24 AM
just got to him. and jesus, where the hell do they come up with these final boss designs? :confused: the neo x-death one doesnt really look like him...

anyway, he did some big ass attack which killed everyone exept bartz, who had 50 hp left. then he did ice 3 and killed him. does he do this all the time? i mainly was using a mime-chain of bahamut, which did about 3000 damage to everything, and it was working good, until that. any advice?

Hinky the Pickle
05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
What a coincidence, I just got to him myself. He was a lot harder than I expected and yes, he is quite weird looking. I mean c'mon, he looks like satan with a bunch of other deformed monsters growing out of his ass. Creepy. Anyway, much like you I'm also struggling to beat him but it just takes practice I guess. Or a lot of leveling up.

ShivaBlizzard8
05-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Equip some characters with a double lance in each hand and the Dance! and Mime! ability. When you get Sword Dance, mime it with those double lances. Did about 9999 damage each time when I did it. He went down quick.

Masamune·1600
05-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Ex-Death and Neo Ex-Death are not the same entity. Ex-Death is who the player battles for much of the game; Neo Ex-Death is the embodiment of the Void. It's not, obviously, a totally accurate name.

If you're having trouble with that final battle, I would recommend using $Toss as much as possible. It's very effective. If you haven't already done so, I would also recommend switching everyone's Job Class to Bare, and adding the desired Commands, as Bares inherit most of the innate Job bonuses. As to Neo's attacks, beneficial statuses carry over from the first battle. I would recommend casting the Blue Magic Guardian (if you have it) on the party prior to the final battle, or using it very early on in that fight. If you want to continue using Bahamut, your set up can be much enhanced with Quick and Redx2.

My name is...something..?
05-11-2005, 11:33 PM
Two words: Sword Dance.

Making Bartz a dancer and using that attack was all i needed.
I never found ex-death hard, because of it. He didn't kill me once.

rubah
05-12-2005, 12:03 AM
miming bahamut works best when you've got carbuncle, golem, and mighty guard going.

eestlinc
05-13-2005, 04:03 AM
GilTossis free so to speak, since you won't need all that extra Gil anyway. Just use it and heal your party and you should be fine as long as your levels are high enough.

Excelsior
05-13-2005, 06:55 AM
w00t, just beat him. i could not survive the ultragust attack previously, it just barely depleted everyones HP. but, i found out that shell blocks it, so i casted that to everyone, and easily survived it. and i just used GP Toss to assault him, and he actually went down surprisingly fast and easy.

JFA_bobguy
05-14-2005, 08:50 PM
What you should do is have two mimes with time and summon magic, cast Quick, then use Bahamut and Mimic. GP Rain is good too. But this boss is a royal pain because it's pretty tedious to level up in FFV. I wasn't even level 40 for my party when I first fought him. Yes, he always does that, by the way. You just need to level up for a while. A long while.

Hinky the Pickle
05-15-2005, 05:35 AM
w00t! I just beat him yesterday with the following strategy:

Butz:
Knight/Dbl Grip

Lenna:
Hunter/Blue

Cara:
Samurai/White L. 6

Faris:
Chemist/Summon L.5

Basically I just used Butz for attacking, Lenna for casting spells like White Wind and Aero3 and attacking on occasion, Cara for curing/casting shell/gil toss and Faris for keeping the team alive with Phenix and attacking with Bahamut. Plus I kept her HP high by having her drink Giant Potion so she didn't die once. I had some difficulty here and there but Neo X-Death was no match for my team. :D