PDA

View Full Version : Via Infinito ~ Trema

Rini
05-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Argh. I can't seem to beat him still, I've tried for several months now (well not the whole time but a quite many times anyway), and I've trained the last 20 floors about three times over, and now I'm at level 96.

It's easy to defeat Lord Zayon-demon but somehow I always lose it with Trema. Please help me find the right equipment, GG's and other tricks to beat him. (I know already that there are quite many FAQ's and guides somewhere on the Internet but can't find them.. dunno why that is, maybe I just suck xD)

Squall of SeeD
05-11-2005, 02:01 PM
The very first thing I would recommend is -- if you don't have the Mascot Dressphere -- using a party consisting of one Gunner and two Dark Knights. The Gunner should have the CatNip and a Speed Bracer (Auto-Haste), as well as the Highroad Winds Garment Grid (First Strike).

The Dark Knights should have stuff that will increase their defense and try to get their HP as close to 9,999 as possible. To do this, I used a Mythril Bangle with a Champion Belt (Defense + 40) on one, and a Crystal Bangle with a Crystal Glove (Defense + 60) on the other. I also placed the Valiant Lustre Garment Grid on them both (Defense + 20).

Be sure to have the Gunner's HP in the yellow before the battle with Paragon begins. Be sure to also have your Mega Phoenixes, Phoenix Downs, Mega Potions, X-Potions, Exlixirs, Megalixirs, Remedies, Light Curtains (which induce Protect), and Star Curtains (which induce Reflect) near the top of your item inventory. You may also want to place Stamina Tonics there, as well, if you'll need to get these two Dark Knights' HP up to 9,999.

With all this in place, enter the battle with Paragon and unload on him with the Gunner's Level 3 Trigger Happy as fast as possible. If you're lucky, you'll defeat him without anyone being knocked out. If they are, be sure to revive them at the earliest possible time in the fight with Trema.

Also, in the battle with Trema, be absolutely certain to use the Star Curtains and Light Curtains as soon as possible. Use the other items as needed.

Keep the Gunner blasting away with Level 3 Trigger Happy while the Dark Knights keep the Gunner revived and themselves healed. Have them use Darkness if you get a convenient chance to do so. Note that while Flare will be reflected by Reflect, Meteor and Ultima will not be. If he uses Meteor, quickly heal up before he uses it again, which he most likely will right thereafter.

If he uses Ultima, it's more than likely going to be Gave Over no matter what you do.

Anyway, good luck. Just use this set-up and move fast and it should hopefully work well.

Zanius
05-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Squall of Seed uses an excellent tactic. But I also have a suggestion for this. Allow me:

Use the same tactic like Squall said. But, when it comes the time to face Trema... instead of using items to make reflect or protection of magic... you can use also Soul Spring. With this you can absorb the Trema's MP and he'll not use his powerful magic. While you use your gunner with Cat Nip, the other 2 girls are on Dark Knight to do the healing.

SIDE NOTE: Trema will use only one magic that's called the Meteor. But your girls as Dark Knight will hold down this attack (because they have a high defense level...). Use the phoenix down to resurrect your Gunner to continue hitting Trema. If one of your Dark Knight girls is also down, you can use the mega-phoenix, to resurrect both...

CardsOfTheHeart
05-11-2005, 02:56 PM
The Dark Knights should have stuff that will increase their defense and try to get their HP as close to 9,999 as possible. To do this, I used a Mythril Bangle with a Champion Belt (Defense + 40) on one, and a Crystal Bangle with a Crystal Glove (Defense + 60) on the other. I also placed the Valiant Lustre Garment Grid on them both (Defense + 20).

Or, better yet, you can unlock the dungeon inside the Chocobo Ranch and fetch the Higher Power Garment Grid (Break HP Limit) for your Dark Knights. Then equip each of them with Crystal Bangles, one of them with the Key to Success (in Tobli's house in Guadosalam during Chapter 5; fully complete Moonflow missions, but don't stop Garik on Gagazet during Chapter 3), and the other with a Champion Belt. That worked for me, nicely.

Note: I skipped the Via Infinito the first time through so when I faced Trema for the first time, I was able to replace the Champion Belt with a second Key to Success.

Rini
05-11-2005, 03:55 PM
instead of using items to make reflect or protection of magic... you can use also Soul Spring. With this you can absorb the Trema's MP and he'll not use his powerful magic.
I don't have Soul springs right now, but Mana Spring works the same way too, right? Because they absorb MP's out of an enemy aswell.

Anyways, thanks all for these helpful tips <3 I'll try it out later today o.o (right now I have other work to do arghh~) Wish me luck :o

Zanius
05-11-2005, 04:06 PM
instead of using items to make reflect or protection of magic... you can use also Soul Spring. With this you can absorb the Trema's MP and he'll not use his powerful magic.
I don't have Soul springs right now, but Mana Spring works the same way too, right? Because they absorb MP's out of an enemy aswell.

Anyways, thanks all for these helpful tips <3 I'll try it out later today o.o (right now I have other work to do arghh~) Wish me luck :o

Yeah, mana springs works well too. No problem on that.

So if you still have any problems just talk to me ok? Good luck! ;)

Rini
05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
AHAHAA! yei I defeated him, finally \o/ ah, revenge is so sweet <3

Thank yous all for all the advice and tips and everything *huggies*

Zanius
05-12-2005, 09:13 AM
No problem on that! :D :D

We are all glad to help! ;)