PDA

View Full Version : Female metallica song

Dianom
05-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know who the woman or group is who sing nothing else matters, by metallica, I heard da song and loved it but didn't catch the name of the band.

TheAbominatrix
05-11-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure, but it could be Apocalyptica.

Rye
05-11-2005, 02:14 PM
I know Avril did a cover of one of Metallica's songs, but since you said she sounded amazing, it's most likely not Avril.

Devourment
05-11-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure, but it could be Apocalyptica.
I think they're all male though...

I hope it dosen't sound as bad as Korn's cover of "One".

TheAbominatrix
05-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Are they? I could have sworn I heard they were female. Or some of them. Whicheva.

If Apocalyptica is male, then it may be Rasputina. They do a lot of cover songs. I thought it was them at first, but Im not familiar with them to be sure.

ZeZipster
05-11-2005, 03:10 PM
You mean a cover of it?

Dianom
05-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Yea a cover of it, it was xcellent.

Thanx 2 everyone who gave me suggestions I'll check them out now

ZeZipster
05-11-2005, 03:49 PM
It was either Lucie Silvas or Casey Donovan.

Sepho
05-11-2005, 08:40 PM
I thought Apocalyptica was only instrumental. I have seven Apocalyptica tracks on my playlist (including Nothing Else Matters and One), and none of them feature vocals.

Super Christ
05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Pretty sure that's the case. The two albums of theirs I got is instrumental only, not sure if they've done any new albums since I stopped buying cds.

TheAbominatrix
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Like I said, I dont know. I looked for Metallica covers on google and came up with that.

muchacho
05-13-2005, 12:37 AM
well avril covered "fuel", but that sucked and if you thought it was good then you dont really like metallica (every metallica fan thinks it sucked).

Apocalyptica doesnt have any lyrics, they are only instumental.

i heard on the radio today that metallica already has a bunch of instrumental songs that dont have lyrics yet for their next album, and all they need to do is write the lyrics and record the songs.

Rini
05-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Eww eww eww. Apocalyptica ;_; I hate to admit that they're Finnish (as am I), and they play BAD cello music. The worst thing that ever has came out of this country, I tell you!
Anyways, like already mentioned, they mostly have instrumental stuff, but on their latest few albums they have some vocal guest appearances, of which sadly the latest (and which proved to be a huge megahit for the mass, but torture for other people) includes The Rasmus' and HIM's vocalists (Lauri Ylönen and Ville Valo) -.-* Horrible horrible horrible *vomits*

Oh and about Nothing Else Matters covers. There are millions of them on the Internet and everywhere, because it was such a hit song (besides Enter Sandman). And I think that women are more likely to cover that song because it's much more appealing to women than for men somehow. So good luck with the searching ;3