PDA

View Full Version : Queen will rock us again

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:22 PM
Ok, alot of peeps and bubs have said that it is wrong for the remaining members of Queen (Brian May and Roger Taylor) to go n tour again with singer Paul Rodgers, without freddie mercury coz he tragically died
I personally do not see the issue here guys, coz brian and roger were as much a part of that band then freddie, without them , freddie wudnt have shined like he did. I loved the man, he was beautiful and amazing, but Queen needs to live on, in fact, they are doing the name queen and their songs proud by carrying on and I knw freddie woud have been proud

RIP

i will tell you wot the tour is like anyway coz im goin to c them 2nit at wembley, cant wait

so wot do u guys think?

Nod
05-11-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah, sounds like a good plan to me.....but only if this Paul Rodgers person can do the songs justice.

p.s. shouldnt this thread be in The Lounge?

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
I dont knw, shud it? I thought this was the general discussions??

well, paul is a good singer and had hits in the 70's/80's, he has a powerful voice to so yeah i think he will

Devourment
05-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Queen aren't as good without teh Freddorz, there will never be the magic of his singing. On a side-note, Queen are brill.

Edit: This should be in the Lounge.

Rye
05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Queen = so much love. I will miss them without Freddie, his voice was one of the greatest parts of the band.

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
yes i do agree, and queen arent trying to reform and b better coz that is verging impossible,ut they are juz bringing their hits to life, not replace anyone, do you not think they are doing queen good replaying their songs?

Queen = so much love. I will miss them without Freddie, his voice was one of the greatest parts of the band.

his voice was amazing and powerful, have u ever listened to "death on too legs"

Queen aren't as good without teh Freddorz, there will never be the magic of his singing. On a side-note, Queen are brill.

Edit: This should be in the lounge.

how do i put it in the lounge? y aint it alowwed in here? sorry im new :p

<b>Edit by Kishi: If you already have the last post in a thread and want to add something else, we like you to edit that post instead of double- or even triple-posting.</b>

Rye
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
You can private message a mod (called a Cids Knight) to do that. Also, double and triple posting isn't allowed, just giving you a heads up. :)

Devourment
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Ask a mod or admin & they'll do it for you. If you're new read the FAQ (http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/faq.php?), & please try not to double post & triple post. :p ;)

Edit: Read under the Lounge what it says, that is why it's not allowed here. :p

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:37 PM
oh rit ok then sorry, y is that wrong just to ask?

Devourment
05-11-2005, 02:38 PM
oh rit ok then sorry, y is that wrong just to ask?
What double posting? Because it clogs the forum up & makes it look un-tidy. :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Thanks for crowding up the thread with a bunch of useless mod-whore posts, guys!

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
ok... anyways... back to the subject, so yeah what does everyone think?

Jack
05-11-2005, 02:40 PM
I love it when people get the system wrong. I once started my own Eyes on You thread. :)

Brian May is doing the equlivent of digging up a dead horse and parading it around. Queen were good. Their lead singer is dead. They should let it go. Would you enjoy Nirvana if they continued without Kurt? No. The same applies. They should have some respect for the dead.
Love you Freddie.

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:42 PM
yes. but freddie would of wanted them to carry on. If it was disrespectful to freddie, then why did his mum and sister go to one of the concerts and said it was an honour to her son?

Devourment
05-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Thanks for crowding up the thread with a bunch of useless mod-whore posts, guys!No props. ;)

But wouldn't you mods get annoyed if every time there was a thread posted in the wrong area you got a PM?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2005, 02:55 PM
How about you wait more than fifteen minutes after the thread's been made before deciding, "Oh no, the entire staff has overlooked this, I must report it"?

That sounds good. Back on-topic, now.

frodina
05-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I always do sumthing wrong with this and that not being right lol so im used to it

BUT CAN WE PLEASE NOT USE MY TOPIC AS A FIGHTING GROUND AND GET BACK TO THE TOPIC

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-11-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm not going to say they're out of line on principle, because bands lose members and get new ones and keep going all the time. There's no way it can be for the better in this case, though.

Jack
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
but freddie would of wanted them to carry on.

I'm glad Brian May is a clairvoyent and can get messages from the dead. I bet he thought he thought it was mightly convinient that what Freddie wanted, was ALSO what HE wanted! Amazing!

If it was disrespectful to freddie, then why did his mum and sister go to one of the concerts and said it was an honour to her son?[/

"One of the concerts"- I'm guessing one would be fine. A Tour? As QUEEN? No. Plus, i think I'd think it was an honour to my dead son if Brian May kept giving her money in royalties.
Mum:"Isn't all this money nice? I bet Freddie would have loved it."
Voice from above:*mmmmmmmm*
Mum: "Shut up Freddie"

frodina
05-11-2005, 03:02 PM
yeah BUT THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO BECAOME ANY BETTER but thing is, they were part of the band to, they were Queen to and formed most of the ground for the band, u have to admit that at least

Lindy
05-11-2005, 05:44 PM
No, I think Freddie Mercury was the basis for Queen, without him it wouldn't have happened, you could have replaced Brian May with any other decent guitarist, they wouldn't have been as good but he wasn't as essential.

When you think of Queen, most people will think of Freddie Mercury, so continuing on simply on the basis of money (which, you know it is) is just defiling and ruining the memory of a good band.

fire_of_avalon
05-11-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't see the problem in performing their old songs with another singer. Of course it's not going to REALLY be Queen, but even if Freddie Mercury was still alive it wouldn't REALLY be Queen, it'd be OLD Queen.

However, if the band members were to go on and make new music under the name Queen (like the living members of The Doors are doing) that would be disrespectful.

And everything in the music industry is done to make money.

Breine
05-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Hmm, I don't know if I like it 'cause Freddy can never be replaced...

Jack
05-12-2005, 10:16 AM
BUT THEY ARE NOT TRYING TO BECAOME ANY BETTER but thing is, they were part of the band to, they were Queen to and formed most of the ground for the band, u have to admit that at least

I did. I also said:

Would you enjoy Nirvana if they continued without Kurt? No. The same applies. They should have some respect for the dead.

They could have renamed themselves, like the Bee Gees did. (The Brothers Gibb). Brian May is disrespectval and damaging to the name of Queen.

fire_of_avalon
05-12-2005, 05:06 PM
There's a fundamental difference you're not taking note of. Brian May and Roger Taylor collaborated with Mercury on many Queen songs, and even wrote several of them independently of Mercury. Most of the song writing for Nirvana can be attributed to Kurt Cobain alone.

The point is that the music they're performing isn't JUST Freddie Mercury's music. If it can really belong to anyone, it belongs to the band as a whole, and May and Taylor aren't trying to recreate the band, they're trying to perform again with someone they find to be an acceptable stand in for their lead singer.

But, like I said earlier, if they began trying to make NEW music under the name Queen, it would be an entirely different story.

I'm not trying to say anyone here is wrong, because it's not a matter of right and wrong it's a matter of opinion, I'm saying don't think they're trying to replace Freddie Mercury.

frodina
05-12-2005, 05:19 PM
There's a fundamental difference you're not taking note of. Brian May and Roger Taylor collaborated with Mercury on many Queen songs, and even wrote several of them independently of Mercury. Most of the song writing for Nirvana can be attributed to Kurt Cobain alone.

The point is that the music they're performing isn't JUST Freddie Mercury's music. If it can really belong to anyone, it belongs to the band as a whole, and May and Taylor aren't trying to recreate the band, they're trying to perform again with someone they find to be an acceptable stand in for their lead singer.

But, like I said earlier, if they began trying to make NEW music under the name Queen, it would be an entirely different story.

I'm not trying to say anyone here is wrong, because it's not a matter of right and wrong it's a matter of opinion, I'm saying don't think they're trying to replace Freddie Mercury.

thats i exactly what im trying to say. I went last nit, and trust me, they were very respectful and played all the old classics, and they paid tribute to freddie loads, they showed all this new footage and they even played boh rhap wit freddie singing on a screen form wembley, while roger and brian played. it was very gud, except the venue was crap coz cudnt c, if your go to http://spaces.msn.com/members/queenmania1/
i have the photos from last nit