PDA

View Full Version : So, did Bugenhagen really die?

Seto Fett
05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
It appeared he was dying but when Nanaki meets you at Cosmo Candle, he says he went on another trip to study the planet hands on, and left. What happened? I don't see why Nanaki would lie or be in denial, as he's very grounded and intelligent.

My name is...something..?
05-11-2005, 11:52 PM
He died.
When he says he's studying the Planet on a journey, it just means he's in the Lifestream now, seeing it hands-on.

TurkSlayer
05-11-2005, 11:54 PM
And he lied because he didn't want the others to worry about his feeling or feel sad themselves.

Seto Fett
05-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Hmm. I'd think Nanaki would of told them, but hey, it's his business after all. I wonder what he did with the body...?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-12-2005, 12:45 AM
There was no corpse. He vaporized, like a Jedi.

Wyllius
05-12-2005, 12:48 AM
I prefer to think that he perfected his predator cloaking device and went off on a perverted rampage throughout all of Midgar as he assumed that the planet was buggered to be destroyed/turned into a large white haired man.

Squall of SeeD
05-12-2005, 02:17 PM
We know he died, as he spoke as though he was going to, and his arm fell limp by his side with Nanaki frantically nudging him but getting no response.

And notice how nervous Nanaki and out of character Nanaki was when he's lying to the others:

Cloud
"Red XIII... Is Bugenhagen...?"

Red XIII
"......"
"Grandpa told me that he's going away again!"

Cloud
"Away...?"

Red XIII
"It seems like he really liked that Airship."
"He told me he couldn't stay and just zipped out of here!"
"He even gave me a gift, look!"

Red XIII
"Wait a minute. Aren't you supposed to give gifts AFTER you
come back?"
"Ha ha...... Grandpa sure is strange! Haa... ha ha...... ha......"

Cloud
"Hmm... So maybe we'll run into him again somwhere."

Red XIII
"Yeah... maybe..."
"Thanks, Cloud......"

He lied to them for the sake of their feelings, the same as Vincent lied to Lucrecia about Sephiroth.

BudSoda02
05-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Squall of SeeD pretty much explains it. Nanaki didn't want Cloud & the others to become upset about Bugenhagen at this crutial of a time period. This is just before you go to the Northern Cave, so it'd be improper to upset the group, as they might lose the will to fight against Sephiroth. Man, Nanaki must have some incredible backbone to have that weighing on him. Bugenhagen just got wore out from going out with the party all over the world. As the whole thing of Vincent lying to Lucrecia, that was just to protect her feelings. You know how it is sometimes don't you? Sometimes you just have to lie to protect the others. I think Nanaki might finally tell them in the Advent Children Movie. We'll just wait & see.
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Shoden
05-12-2005, 04:11 PM
you think hed say

"oh he cocked up and died at last"
or
"meh he's kicked the bucket?"

Destai
05-12-2005, 04:33 PM
I believe he went underground. Maybe hes the villain in DoC?

Shoden
05-12-2005, 06:03 PM
yeah that makes sense

or hes trying to sell naughty stuff to people

PhoenixAsh
05-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't know if we still worry about spoilers in FFVII anymore... but wouldn't 'Bugenhagen' be a slightly less givaway as a title?