PDA

View Full Version : Do you like this band?

GooeyToast
05-12-2005, 12:26 AM
http://www.garageband.com/artist/resisttheembrace (if the link's not working, just copy & paste)

Hey, i wanted to know if anybody liked this hard rock/alternative band i know. My brother is the main vocalist (Adam Teller) and i think that they're pretty good. They only have 2 songs on the website you can lsten to, but i think they're both pretty good.

They're not the same as everybody else, their songs have very good melodies, and the guitar riffs, along with the drums, are great. Maybe it's just because my brother's in the band, but i still think this band might have a shot, considering all the other crap everybody seems to put out these days.

Let me know how you like it (or don't). :cool:

Fireglass
05-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Hmm.. Within tolerance, I'll give it that.

Really they're not all that bad; it's just that I can't understand a word they're saying... But I do like the intro music on TOTS.

Skogs
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
They're ok, but they don't exactly stand out from the rest of the nu-metal/post-rock genre, do they?

GooeyToast
05-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Hmm.. Within tolerance, I'll give it that.

Really they're not all that bad; it's just that I can't understand a word they're saying... But I do like the intro music on TOTS.

You can't understand a word they're saying? What on ToTS? Yeah, it is a little hard to make out what they're saying on that song ,but i had no problem making out the words on Ophdia. I think they may have even posted the lyrics to it on their site.

They're ok, but they don't exactly stand out from the rest of the nu-metal/post-rock genre, do they?

Well, nowadays, i can't really think of any new band that really stands apart from the rest of the crowd. But, i don't think they're the same as everyone else. For one, their songs aren't ever very repititious, most kind of have 2 parts to them, which is nice. Also, they aren't singing about some stupid thing like Linkin Park is, and it usually has good meaning once you get the hang of what they're saying.

Skogs
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Well, nowadays, i can't really think of any new band that really stands apart from the rest of the crowd. But, i don't think they're the same as everyone else.

You're probably just not looking in the right places. :p

GooeyToast
05-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, i meant mainstream bands. It's a pity though that all of the best bands are the ones you've never heard of. Hopefully, the media will someday develop a sense of what the term "good music" realy means, and not all this other s*** we hear nowadays.

Skogs
05-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Nope. Commercial music will always appeal to the simplest common denominator, which is why it sells so well. Just like school cafeteria food. No one really likes it, it's not really very good, but the vast majority will eat it anyway.

Same goes for music. If you're a music lover, and you want to hear something a bit better or more interesting, you have to put a bit more effert into finding it.