PDA

View Full Version : Help with fighting Chac!!!!! Please!!!

Lover of Kh
05-12-2005, 02:55 AM
I need help beat Chac, that big snake thing, in the Via Infereno or whatever it's called, anyway I need help beating it. Can anybody help me? Please?!?

CaptRory
05-12-2005, 03:28 AM
That is the big creature with the unresistable stone effect right? If I recall correctly:

Use a gunner: Highroad Winds GG+Speed Bracer+Catnip. That's your damage dealer. You then need two other characters. Unlike most fights though, they need to act VERY FAST. Chac will turn a stoned character to dust if you don't heal them fast enough. If I recall, and I'm not saying I'm 100% accurate, but if you keep your characters unstoned he won't use any real attacks. (Someone with a better memory then mine please chime in.) The fight should be over fairly quickly, your biggest challange is keeping your characters alive and pink and fleshy.

Bladoric
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
and try to oversoul him. he wont use that devastating atack.

Zanius
05-12-2005, 06:55 PM

Yeah, he's right! His devastating attack it's the Heaven's Cataract.

Now the tactic works when he's overloused or not oversouled:

- All girls as High Road Garnement Grid

- The levels are: Yuna level 77, Rikku level 78 and Paine level 79.

- Have Yuna as a Gunner with Cat Nip and Speed Bracer

- Have Rikku and Paine with the Berserker dressphere, and equipped with 2 Rabbit Foots each to increase their luck. With this accessory you can also have the guarantee that she will miss the physical attacks.

- While Rikku and Paine do the healing, Yuna with the Trigger Happy level 3 will do the all work.

There are also another tactics that works well against her:

- Samurai + Spare Change + Invincible + millions of gil = up to 99999 damage

- Lady Luck + Bribe + 2000000 gil = victory

- Lady Luck + 777 on Random Reels = victory

Now you can oversoul this boss instead. Once you get to Floor 80, go out of here and return to Mushroom Rock Road. Keep fighting Gucamatzes until them oversoul, then run and return here for a much easier boss battle. And then you can try the strategies mentioned before…

I hope that will help... ;)

Lover of Kh
05-14-2005, 01:31 AM
Thanks guys for all your help I'll try 2 use each and every tacatic! :D

CardsOfTheHeart
05-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Did you also know that the Chac is vulnerable to Delay? When I beat him I had 3 Warriors do Delay Buster all of the time. The Chac never had a single turn!

sephiroth9006
05-16-2005, 10:02 PM
star it off with all three of them haing gunner,catnip,and first strike,then use trigger happy 3 at the same time with the lot of them,you need to go throught he game afew times but it's worth it as you get the fabled iron duke upon completion of the via infinito which is the best accessory in the game.start that fight with yellow HP though or it won't work.

Mitch
05-18-2005, 07:00 AM

- Have Rikku and Paine with the Berserker dressphere, and equipped with 2 Rabbit Foots each to increase their luck. With this accessory you can also have the guarantee that she will miss the physical attacks.

- While Rikku and Paine do the healing, Yuna with the Trigger Happy level 3 will do the all work.

Now you can oversoul this boss instead. Once you get to Floor 80, go out of here and return to Mushroom Rock Road. Keep fighting Gucamatzes until them oversoul, then run and return here for a much easier boss battle. And then you can try the strategies mentioned before…

ok, but my Yuna was level 79 so I think I have to start the game again. Damn!

Zanius
05-18-2005, 09:55 AM

ok, but my Yuna was level 79 so I think I have to start the game again. Damn!

Hey calm down, don't need to restart! You are at good level (I think...) just tell your party stats and I'll try to help ... ;)

Cuchulainn
05-18-2005, 11:16 AM
As has already been stated, use a DS that has a Delay attack, Warrior or Samurai (I chose Samurai), if you don't you will see Heaven's Cataract & instant death. Keep up the delay attacks, also, get an ACC with Tome, Samurai Tome's, they will half the time it takes for the Samurai skill to action & may save your life. It's a tough battle, but doable.

DMKA
05-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Man I remember it took me about 12 tries to beat that thing. Annoying.

Zanius
05-20-2005, 03:56 PM
As has already been stated, use a DS that has a Delay attack, Warrior or Samurai (I chose Samurai), if you don't you will see Heaven's Cataract & instant death. Keep up the delay attacks, also, get an ACC with Tome, Samurai Tome's, they will half the time it takes for the Samurai skill to action & may save your life. It's a tough battle, but doable.

That strategy works well, I tested myself... although is a little hard if you aren't in high level... :rolleyes2

There's another strategy that I would like to present:

If you have all the girls as thieves, all you have to do is as soon as one hits, command the next to attack. This keeps a continuous rhythm in which she sustains a stream of hits, and each time you hit her it interrupts whatever action it is that she was about to attack you with, so she doesn't even get a chance to attack you. At first you don't do much damage, but since she never gets to attack, your chain attacks will finish her soon. The battle is a little long but it will do the work. ;)

all my girls were at level 99, and had mastered all the thief skills. I had equipped them with GG that raised their defences and Crystal Gloves.

Or you can use accessories that can increase your luck stats (like Rabbit Foot). It's worth to check this one. :p

Ffgrandmaster
05-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Just have Ribbion equiped and you wont get petrified, If you have this much trouble beat chaq then you might wanna leave the via infinito cause on the next 20 levels it becomes a random fight (you can run from then) and if you think chaq is hard next up is Trema who has 1,000,000 Hps and Paragon who has 200,000 Hps you fight them with no chance to heal in between battles and Trema does Ultima Metor as well as some powerful physical attacks and hes VERY quick you have to have all people at Lv. 99 to beat him

Lover of Kh
05-21-2005, 07:50 PM
Again I thank u all 4 your stragries and more! :D

CaptRory
05-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Just have Ribbion equiped and you wont get petrified...

Chac's Petrification pierces protection powers. I had a Dark Knight (Mastered) with Ribbon and another accesory with resistance to Petrification and she still got turned to stone.

Lover of Kh
06-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Guys.....those r great helping tips, but........I'm still stuck....... Yuna lvl is in the late 80's or early 90's i can't remember, Rikku on lvl 96, and Paine is on I think lvl 92. If that's not a high enough lvl I don't know what is. I've the oversoul thing it worked, but I still keep getting killed in 1 hit. :(

CaptRory
06-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Tell us what jobs you have access to and whether or not you have the Catnip accessory. If the list is shorter tell us which jobs you don't have access too.

Lover of Kh
06-09-2005, 06:59 PM
I have only 1 Catnip and define what you mean by access/no access to jobs because I'm confused! :confused:

CaptRory
06-10-2005, 02:53 AM
What dress spheres do you have? And What do you have mastered?

Cruise Control
06-10-2005, 04:09 AM
Gunner+Catnip+Speed Bracer+Ray of Hope GG

I find my gunner gets killed since critical characters take so long to start an attack, it takes almost no time with Speed Bracer, and Ray of Hope compensates for the Rabite's Foot that should be were the Speed Bracer is.

Also use two thieves and time your attacks so you cut him off right before he attacks, no haste on the thieves.

Chac is a bitch, I just killed him 30 minutes ago!

CaptRory
06-10-2005, 07:17 AM
I've always favored a Highroad Winds+Speed Bracer+Catnip gunner build. First Strike and Haste is a decidedly unfair combination :) .

foreveryrp
06-10-2005, 07:38 AM
why dont you just take contral of chac

like i do with the thing on l-40 l-60 l-80 -100 both

EDIT: Please use the edit button instead of double posting. -Murder

Lover of Kh
06-10-2005, 06:54 PM
what do you mean take control?

foreveryrp
06-10-2005, 07:24 PM
what i said take contral of chac

Lover of Kh
06-11-2005, 11:12 PM
*being sarcatic* Yeah, very informtive!

CaptRory
06-12-2005, 07:09 AM
I just remembered one strategy I had read, it is similar to the Gunner/Thief/Thief strategy but this requires three gunners with Trigger Happy lvl 3. First round you use your Highroad Winds+Haste+Catnip gunner. Right before she finishes you trigger the second gunner so he takes uninterrupted damage. When she finishes you activate the third gunner. By the time she is done you activate the first again. You can go a number of rounds before the chain is broken and he can move. I imagine that the more speed bracers you have the more successful it would be.

Cruise Control
06-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Bring in 3 samurais with bushido lores, and start casting dismiss on his ass!

Lover of Kh
06-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Wow....All of that will really work? :eek:

CaptRory
06-16-2005, 06:57 PM
It has been awhile, I think I may have used the three gunner strategy on my first game.