PDA

View Full Version : Sleep issues

Rye
05-12-2005, 11:53 AM
Does anyone else go through times where they just can barely stay awake all day? I'm completely worn out because I have to wake up around 5:40 - 6:00 AM for school. I go to sleep at like, 9:00 - 10:00 PM, so it's not like I go to sleep really late. Even when I do get a lot of sleep, I'm still very exhausted when I wake up. It's not normal because you know, I sleep to feel less exhausted, not more exhausted. Do you go through this too? I'm constantly exhausted and I don't know why.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-12-2005, 11:55 AM
This is going to sound weird but, go run around all day. When you get home you'll be pooped and ready to go to bed before you want to.You'll probably wake up refreshed.

Chris
05-12-2005, 11:59 AM
I hear what you're saying, I often feel totally drenched of energy as well. Most of the time I don't even know why, I hate it, I'm barely able to stay awake, even when I'm walking down the street. :sweatdrop

boris no no
05-12-2005, 12:05 PM
recently i've been falling asleep during lectures....not because they're boring. its just that i never get enough sleep!

Samuraid
05-12-2005, 12:16 PM
My sleep schedule is wacked out at times...like now.

It's 4:15 am and I'm still awake. It does help to have your first Thursday university class at 3:10 pm. :D

I haven't ever fallen asleep during a lecture, but I have spaced out before and stopped listening to the professor. :greenie:

Devourment
05-12-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm more of a nocturnal person.

Well, I wake up at around 6.45am to get ready for Sixth-Form, when I get back from Sixth-Form I have a nap from 5.00pm 'til 6.30pm, then I get up & have my dinner, then I go out until about 11.00pm, thus leaving me sleeping until 6.45am. I sleep alot comparing to most people who hardly get that much sleep. Having said that it dosen't mean I do that every day, just some days. Although I do sleep ALOT.

Rostum
05-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah I'm like that as well, no matter what time I go to bed, I still feel the same when I wake up. Maybe it's my diet...

Meat Puppet
05-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I have to have several nap times, after the weekend that is.

Loony BoB
05-12-2005, 12:57 PM
My sleeping habits are totally whack lately. But so long as I get enough sleep, I'm okay. I tend to not be able to stay asleep for longer than a couple of hours (well, for the past few weeks it's been like this, anyway) so I just take naps on a regular basis. I don't have trouble getting back to sleep when I want to, though, so at least I can wake up and just nod back off again.

Oddly enough, if you want a long unbroken sleep then I find the best thing to do is stay up late. When I stay up late without having a nap or anything, say until 1am to 2am, my sleeping habits move back to normal because I get so tired. xD Can't sleep if you're not tired, so may as well force yourself, right? =] So long as you allow yourself enough time to get six hour's sleep, you should be okay. Obviously differs from person to person, though, so who knows.

Devourment
05-12-2005, 01:19 PM
I normally end up laying in bed thinking about different things for about an hour, then I finally get some sleep. But the thing is, I keep on waking up some days & thinking it's the weekend, then I get all excitied because I think I can stay in bed. And then I realise it's only a normal Tuesday or Wednesday, so I end up getting out of bed in a hump because I have to go to Sixth-Form. I do love sleep though, it's the best thing in the world. (In my opinion) But I really need to get more of it.

I'm tired right now. :(

Damn sleep!

Dr.K
05-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I used to get really tired when I came home in the evening, and then I realised it's because I was doing all my studying on my bed. Now I tend to pretty much just stay out of my bedroom all day because whenever I go in there I start feeling really tired, like my brain detects I'm in the room that contains my bed and automatically assumes I want to go to sleep. This is a good thing at night, but at night my brain is more active, so I don't bother going to bed 'till a silly hour anyway. I guess in conclusion, I find it near on impossible to maintain a decent sleeping pattern.

FF freak
05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I wake up at like 6:00 to get ready for a class I have to leave for at 7:15 and often I'll tell myself I'll just lay there for a minute and wake back up at 6:45.At least I used to my college classes are over now.

Skogs
05-12-2005, 02:53 PM
I can't stay awake when I'm reading about axon guidance. Or when I'm in lectures having had less than seven hours sleep.

Jojee
05-12-2005, 02:58 PM
I think most teenagers have sleep problems ;)

I got four hours of sleep the the day before yesterday, two and a half yesterday. I feel good ^-^

Rusty
05-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Yep I do. I suffer from insomnia, so thats probably why :)

Loony BoB
05-12-2005, 03:30 PM
I think most teenagers have sleep problems ;)

I got four hours of sleep the the day before yesterday, two and a half yesterday. I feel good ^-^
I don't know about you, but for me the amount of sleep I have in any night affects me not the first day, but two or so days after.

Jojee
05-12-2005, 03:34 PM
That makes sense, I never thought of it that way ^_^ I am a little tired but not like... bahhh tired.... When I was in HS, I always got ~4 hours a sleep/night on the weedays though, and got like 12 on the weekends to catch up. :} By Friday I would be beat!

smittenkitten
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Im alway's tired because i don't sleep i feel as if im the only person in the world awake :( i just can't get to sleep prperly once i did'nt sleep all night then i went to sleep at 9am and woke up 6pm now that's just not right i wish i'd die allready when i can't get to sleep so i go on eoff or something to try and tire me but it's no use :crying2:..xXx.....

Xander
05-12-2005, 03:43 PM
I feel tired almost all the time at the moment. I can't go to bed too early cos I won't sleep but I get tired in the morning. Even when I get 8 or more hours sleep I still feel tired. >_> Oh well.

Mindflare
05-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I tend to sleep when I get back from school at 1 pm, then wake up around midnight, and I'll be up all night. Then, I'll be tired during classes all day. It stinks, most of the time.

Jess
05-12-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm exhausted sometimes, because I don't have a good amount of sleep.
I find it hard to get to sleep so I stay awake till my eyes are literally finding it hard to stay open (Usually 3-5am). I usually come off the internet about 11-1 and then go and watch TV until or play on FF or go on the phone to somebody. I then wake up at 7.30-8. Its catching up with me now though, Im usually knackered by 5pm! :(

Ashi
05-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Can't say I've experienced that. I've had trouble sleeping for as long as I can remember. Especially when I idle all day like I do right now because I don't have many classes. Exercise usually helps me to get tired enough to fall asleep, though.

Sometimes I'd go on with just an hour or two of sleep one day and sleep twelve the next.

Shlup
05-12-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm always tired, no matter how much or how little I sleep. When I was a kid I would wake up feeling refreshed and go out and play, but I don't remember the last time I've been able to wake up without forcing myself, even after a long night of sleep. I hate sleep! It screws up the rest of my day.

Teek
05-13-2005, 12:00 AM
lol @ thread