PDA

View Full Version : Power Generator and Lagunaīs events

Luthien
05-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey guys!! Thereīre some things about Lagunaīs sidequest I donīt get.. for example, when I get to disc 3, Ward is not in the movie (It also appears when I check Selphieīs page on Balamb Gardenīs web). I only managed to get him along with Laguna and Kiros once. What am I doing wrong?
Another thing is when I get to the last Laguna scene (disc 3, where you can also find the Weapons Monthly First Issue), thereīs a Gesper thatīs berserked, usually when you use Mug on it, you receive the Power Generator (Quistis Limit: Ray Bomb), but I didnīt get it the last time I played FF8...

Please help!!!! :( :( :( :(

Squall of SeeD
05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Sometimes there are two copies of Timber Maniacs in an area, and getting one but not the other (or not getting either) can have an effect on the Laguna flashbacks.

For example, in Balamb early on, if you get the Timber Maniacs issue in the hotel instead of at the train station, you get a different scene with Laguna and Julia in the Deling City Hotel. Instead of Laguna and Julia having a long conversation, at one point Laguna falls asleep.

I'm assuming the event with the Ruby Dragon was affected in a similar manner.

Luthien
05-12-2005, 03:12 PM
mmmm... I remember I got the Timber Maniacs issue in the Train Station.... but, Iīll check it again. Thanks!!!!! :D

Anyone else has any idea what can be wrong? Or where can I find another Power Generator?

Masamune·1600
05-12-2005, 06:34 PM
A Power Generator can be found in Lunatic Pandora in the sequence with Zell. Also, they can be acquired from Blitz enemies using the Mug command (this is, however, very rare; you will usually get Betrayal Swords).

SeeDRankLou
05-12-2005, 09:10 PM
I thought that mugging a Gesper gave you a Black Hole, which teaches Quistis Degenerator.

I believe that if you get the Timber Maniacs from the Shumi Village before the event with Laguana filming that movie that Ward won't be there.

In the beginning, when you have Squall and Quistis before you go in the Fire Cavern, you can go to Balamb and get the Timber Maniacs in the Train Station. After this point, it will be in the Hotel.

To get a Power Generator using the Laguana sequences, you must do the following. In disc 1 when Laguana and company are going through the Centra Evacuation Site, you will come to a point where Laguana will come up with an idea to release a latch on the middle platform on the ground. If you do, when you exit the screen an Esthar soldier will run over it and fall through. If you then take the back way back to the beginning and go to this same screen, you can opt to have Laguana release the latch on the left platform. Back track again and take the back way back to this screen again, you can have Laguana release the latch on the right platform. Do the thing with the rocks and the bombs properly, and these two platforms will also open. In disc 3, when you go to the Lunatic Pandora, all three of the doors will be open, and one of them will have a Power Generator. Easy smeasy. No mugging Blitzs for you.

Luthien
05-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Thanks a lot guys!!! Iīll try it right away!!! *runs to play FF8* :D :D :D