PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Moto V550 ; ;

Destai
05-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Yesterday I was having a game of "trip-down-bulldog" on the grass with some friends. I had a lie down since it was pretty tiring but it wasnt long till I had to head for class and I ran off. when leaving school I realized my phone wasnt in my pocket. I calmly told my friend Aoife it wss missing and I made my way back towards the classroom I was coming from. It wasnt there either. In a few minutes Id looked through a few classrooms and my locker. I still couldnt find it. I tried to check the secretaries office incase someone had handed in a lost phone but by that time there was no one there and it was locked. I was irritated but not too worried. It was still early in the search so without saying anything to my parents I headed home.
The next morning I asked the secretary had anyone handed my phone in. She looked around for a second and told me there was no phones in the lost and found. As I was leaving she stopped me and asked me was this my phone. She held up the bin and there it was (Ive posted attatchements). It had fallen out of my pocket and the caretaker mowed the lawn that day. In an odd way I was relieved even though all that was left was absaloute crap. At least I knew where it was. Have you ever lost a phne or something small and expensive?

Little Miss Awesome
05-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Aww :( it looks like it has been burnt!
I have never lost something that important before, I lost a CD player for a while and my gameboy for a while, but they both turned up, luckily enough unscathed.
Poor Destai! :(

Destai
05-12-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for youe sympathy : ) I just edited the post explaining what happened. I told my dad and he knows where I can get a cheap one but nither of us see the advantage in telling my mother about it. What she doesnt know wont hurt her. At least the sim card survived.

Shauna
05-12-2005, 04:35 PM
That's awful... :( But at least you can get another phone. :D

Little Miss Awesome
05-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks for youe sympathy : ) I just edited the post explaining what happened. I told my dad and he knows where I can get a cheap one but nither of us see the advantage in telling my mother about it. What she doesnt know wont hurt her. At least the sim card survived.
Ah, that explains it then! I broke a phone being rough, my friend announced who I fancied to my Mother and Dad so I smacked her over the head with my bag and my lovely little phone inside just completely broke. Then I got a replacement phone :(

Jess
05-12-2005, 05:02 PM
I lost and broke a phone.
I was on the bus one day, going into town, and somebody called me to see where I was, I told them I was on my way and put the phone in my pocket. We got off the bus and I noticed my phone had gone when we got to the town center. It had fallen out of my pocket on the bus. :(

The last phone I had was a flip phone and was in poor condition anyway, and one night my dad left the house without letting me know to go to the shops and buy some more beers. So he called me to tell me, me being a bit tipsy - snapped my phone in half when answering it. Nice.

Caspian
05-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Hahahaha, those pictures are great.

Two thumbs up.

Destai
05-12-2005, 07:11 PM
The new ones not brand spanking top pf the range, but I like it. I got it alot faster than I thought. (Hopefully my Mom wont notice the difference.) I hope it doesnt cost too much :/

Psychotic
05-12-2005, 07:16 PM
Put sugar in the gas tank of the caretaker's lawnmower! THAT'LL teach him!

boris no no
05-12-2005, 08:26 PM
you have such a nice wooden floor! xD
surprisinly i have never lost or broken a phone. saying how clumsy i am and absent minded when drunk its a miricle!

Destai
05-12-2005, 08:32 PM
you have such a nice wooden floor! xD
awww shucks :skull3:

Rainecloud
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, at least you got a brand new phone out of it.

Congratulations. :)

Samuraid
05-12-2005, 09:16 PM
My brother lost his cell phone when he left it on top of a car. We recovered it a month later (still working) from a teacher at a nearby school who found it sitting around somewhere on the school campus.

Rye
05-12-2005, 09:23 PM
I wish I had a phone that was that nice TO break.

Rye
05-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Speaking of phones: I charged my phone everytime the battery went low. I used it as often as I could and topped up the minutes. One morning, I went and picked it up but couldn't turn it on. I even switched out the battery with another phone and it still didn't work. My battery was fine as the second phone proved. My dad's phone still works, and he lets HIS phone die all the time. He's even smashed it on the ground and it still works. I have to KILL the people responsible for my torment. Who's now officially in charge of Virgin Mobile, I must eviscerate them.

Haha, you're cursed with Virgin Mobile too? I want a T-Mobile or Verizon phone so bad.

Destai
05-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Well, at least you got a brand new phone out of it.

Congratulations. :)Thanks :D
Speaking of phones: I charged my phone everytime the battery went low. I used it as often as I could and topped up the minutes. One morning, I went and picked it up but couldn't turn it on. I even switched out the battery with another phone and it still didn't work. My battery was fine as the second phone proved. My dad's phone still works, and he lets HIS phone die all the time. He's even smashed it on the ground and it still works. I have to KILL the people responsible for my torment. Who's now officially in charge of Virgin Mobile, I must eviscerate them.Well you said the battery was working fine so this probably wasnt the problem but Im fairly sure its bad too overcharge your battery.

TasteyPies
05-12-2005, 10:32 PM
I know how you feel man. I lost my phone too! :cry: Have no idea where it is....I'm going to have to get a new one.

TheAbominatrix
05-12-2005, 10:58 PM
When I was going through my funk after Hunter died, I was constantly clutzy and just sort of out of it. So I was having cookies and biiiig glass of milk, the milk was next to me on my chair. I shifted my weight wrong and the milk went everywhere... and I stood up, annoyed, and found that my cellphone was also on my chair, and absolutely ruined. I was quite pissed.

Destai
05-12-2005, 11:07 PM
I lost my first phone when I was on a school trip in Alton Towers. I forgot to Zip my pockets before getting on the roller coaster "Air" and well... *swoosh*

Ashi
05-13-2005, 12:06 AM
I feel sorry for that phone.

I broke glasses and other kitched and decoration things made of glass when I was younger. Also lost my mother's mobile phone years ago when I was going somewhere with my aunt. That's it, really.

Nod
05-13-2005, 01:27 AM
those pics of a busted phone? freakin awesome.

ive kinda had something similar happen to me......
i threw my phone at the floor in a pub to prove its durability. Part of it broke off and went flying into some other part of the room, and i couldnt be bothered to find it, so now i only have half a phone. still works though. xD

Mookies
05-13-2005, 08:41 AM
This is a scam, i know it!

Boosk
05-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I had my phone stolen and I coundn't afford the insurence :( it was such a nice phone :crying:
phoneless Kagga

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Robo voice: Goodbye, Moto.

-N-
05-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Speaking of phones: I charged my phone everytime the battery went low. I used it as often as I could and topped up the minutes. One morning, I went and picked it up but couldn't turn it on. I even switched out the battery with another phone and it still didn't work. My battery was fine as the second phone proved. My dad's phone still works, and he lets HIS phone die all the time. He's even smashed it on the ground and it still works. I have to KILL the people responsible for my torment. Who's now officially in charge of Virgin Mobile, I must eviscerate them.I fixed this problem in one of my dad's old phones once. I don't know how old your phone is, but it could be a simple electrical power trace issue. Just pop open the back of your phone until you can see the PCB and use a touch of silver sauter to solidify any connections. Look towards the bottom, because that's where the PCB draws power from my battery.

Those pictures are tight. That lawnmower really chewed up your phone; damn. Oh well, such is life - I only have to wait one month before getting a free new phone. Although my current phone is really outdated, it has one really cool feature - it can save voice messages straight to the FRAM in the phone so I don't have to call a voice mailbox (Samsung SCH-a310). Are there any other phones out there that do this?

Little Miss Awesome
05-13-2005, 05:45 PM
I lost my first phone when I was on a school trip in Alton Towers. I forgot to Zip my pockets before getting on the roller coaster "Air" and well... *swoosh*
Seriously! My luck on that ride! The first time I get scared when the thing to hold your feet touches them so I pull them up and have to get put in the seat again, the second time the seat has something wrong with it and the person who let me out hadn't pulled the barrier up all the way and I smashed my head off it! Me and my friends make a joke about what's going to happen to me the next time I go on it!
It's one of the best rides ever though :love:

Resha
05-13-2005, 06:53 PM
A mean old man stole my handphone once, while I was on holiday. I'll NEVER FORGIVE HIM. I HOPE HE ROTS IN HELL. GRRR. :mad2: