PDA

View Full Version : Free Bible

Halifax Housewife
05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Free Bible (http://www.freebible.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2)

It's a free Bible.

Chris
05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I'm an atheist, sorry. :roll:

Psychotic
05-12-2005, 07:12 PM
It may be free, but does it tell you it loves you when you come home from work each night?

Destai
05-12-2005, 07:13 PM
I want the mini-bible keychain. Classy.

gokufusionss1
05-12-2005, 07:21 PM
i allready have a bible

"in the begining there was the word"

Shauna
05-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Oooh! That Keychain looks good. :p :tongue: :D

Old Manus
05-12-2005, 07:30 PM
I have the free Gidgeons International Bible. Hotels do come in handy.

Erdrick Holmes
05-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Cool, free kindling.

Dr.K
05-12-2005, 07:40 PM
I have the free Gidgeons International Bible. Hotels do come in handy.This is true.

Mindflare
05-12-2005, 07:44 PM
I've got a few, can't arse myself to read it.

Vyk
05-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Cool, free kindling.
Now I'm open minded and accepting of almost all religions and beliefs, but that's kinda harsh.

More on topic, this seems kinda desperate. Though the keychain I have to admit is tempting... Do you have to pay shipping on these? I don't like broadcasting my religion 'cause people get the wrong idea thanks to a few bad apples. Nice to have something like that to keep in my pocket on bad days. ^^

omnitarian
05-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Cool, I could get free bibles and then sell them on eBay.

100% profit! Now that's a good book!

Blackmageboi
05-12-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm an atheist, sorry. :roll:

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Why don't the people that hand out Bibles on my school's street pass out those keychains... *grumble* I have copies of the bible around anyway... I have a mini orange one from said guy on the street in my backpack, I kept it there 'cause I want to though, not 'cause I'm lazy...

Rainecloud
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
And it's the King James version. Nifty.

Sasquatch
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Hmm. Cool. Not a bad concept, giving Bibles away because some people want one, but don't want to pay that much for one. Bibles can be expensive.

Dignified Pauper
05-12-2005, 09:10 PM
wow, bible on a key chain!

ApocalypticLeon
05-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Ahhh, but they get you with the shipping. I can get a bible for less than $6 at my bookstore.

Jojee
05-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Wahh... People were passing out free bibles (the mini ones!) on campus one time and EVERYONE was denying/ignoring them. It didn't help that they were really old people who tried to be nice to you so I felt really bad and took at least six of them from different people. They were everywhere, I tell ya :p

XxSephirothxX
05-12-2005, 10:13 PM
They were giving those out at my school a few weeks ago. Does that violate the seperation of church and government thing? Probably doesn't, technically, as it was about 10 minutes before school really started. I purposefully avoided the guy giving them out. :D

FF freak
05-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Iv'e read the Bible quite a few times cover to cover. Anyone got any questions that won't be flaming?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:22 PM
about time people started giving bibles for free, selling bibles goes against what it says, damn people trying to make money off of the Adventures of Jesus and co. im sure he would rather that everyone had it for free :choc:

FF freak
05-12-2005, 10:25 PM
about time people started giving bibles for free, selling bibles goes against what it says, damn people trying to make money off of the Adventures of Jesus and co. im sure he would rather that everyone had it for free :choc:

Albeit, but surely He understands that makin Bibles ain't free either...

TasteyPies
05-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Have one, thanks.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:37 PM

Albeit, but surely He understands that makin Bibles ain't free either...

but alas those materials used to make the bible and the money are taken from God's kindom so that would technically make selling the bible evil :choc:

FF freak
05-12-2005, 10:42 PM
but alas those materials used to make the bible and the money are taken from God's kindom so that would technically make selling the bible evil :choc:

Soooo we should all work to remember the Bible word for word so it will cost nothing? Why not the responsibilty be on Christians with money to give bibles to those without instead of trying to make something a charity that isn't?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:44 PM
or why not just make the bible free to download, no one would have to pay for paper, ink or anything, and everyone who had a computer, ok now i see the flaw in my plan :choc:

Resha
05-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Give me? ^_^

TheAbominatrix
05-12-2005, 10:55 PM
They were giving those out at my school a few weeks ago. Does that violate the seperation of church and government thing? Probably doesn't, technically, as it was about 10 minutes before school really started. I purposefully avoided the guy giving them out. :D

No, not unless it's funded by the school, or official in the school, or done by teachers I believe.

Destai
05-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Wahh... People were passing out free bibles (the mini ones!) on campus one time and EVERYONE was denying/ignoring them. It didn't help that they were really old people who tried to be nice to you so I felt really bad and took at least six of them from different people. They were everywhere, I tell ya :pOld people are too nice to be mean too. My friend tried to help an old woman carry her groceries before but the old lady figured she was trying to steal from her and swung her bags at her.

Shlup
05-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Damn, they don't cover shipping... I have like seven Bibles already though. xP

Skogs
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Yeah, $5.99 shipping.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 12:03 AM
I think everyone should read the Bible at least once, even if you don't think it's important. I was always taught that the Old Testament is a long list of laws God made to show how God made man so they would not be worthy of Heaven, and Heaven is a gift God gives us for accepting His love. And the book seems like bullocks overall because it's not a literal recording of history, but a group of stories to teach us morals and guide our lives.

Something like that. :p

nik0tine
05-13-2005, 12:07 AM
The Bible key chain disgusts me. Religion is not that fucking juvenile...

escobert
05-13-2005, 12:44 AM
I've got a few, can't arse myself to read it.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 01:42 AM
The Bible key chain disgusts me. Religion is not that smurfing juvenile...
What's juvenlile about a keychain? D:

For Chirstmas BJ's mom gave me the New Testament disguised as a girly magazine, and BJ the same but disguised as a music/Rolling Stone-type magazine. xD

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 01:47 AM
And the book seems like bullocks overall because it's not a literal recording of history, but a group of stories to teach us morals and guide our lives.

Actually, Christians and Jews believe that the Old Testament really is a literal, factual recording of history. Christians believe that prettymuch the entire Bible is to be understood in a literal sense, save for few select sections such as the Book of Revelations.

And there's quite a bit of argument over the first part of Genesis, naturally, about just how the world was created, and especially how long it took. Some take it literally, and some try to mix modern "scientific beliefs" in with it.

Samuraid
05-13-2005, 02:29 AM
or why not just make the bible free to download, no one would have to pay for paper, ink or anything, and everyone who had a computer, ok now i see the flaw in my plan :choc:

It is free: www.biblegateway.com and a load of other sites.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 03:47 AM
And the book seems like bullocks overall because it's not a literal recording of history, but a group of stories to teach us morals and guide our lives.

Actually, Christians and Jews believe that the Old Testament really is a literal, factual recording of history. Christians believe that prettymuch the entire Bible is to be understood in a literal sense, save for few select sections such as the Book of Revelations.

And there's quite a bit of argument over the first part of Genesis, naturally, about just how the world was created, and especially how long it took. Some take it literally, and some try to mix modern "scientific beliefs" in with it.
That's why I hate the way labels confine us... I'm Christian, and I believe what I previously stated, as do a lot of Christians. The labels "Christian" and "Jew" are far more broad that people tend to believe.

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 05:38 AM
That's why I hate the way labels confine us... I'm Christian, and I believe what I previously stated, as do a lot of Christians. The labels "Christian" and "Jew" are far more broad that people tend to believe.

I apologize if you're offended. I didn't mean to imply that people who claim to belong to a certain religion actually believe those religious texts. Oh wait, yeah I did. It isn't a "label" of Christian that "confines" one to believe in the Bible, it's being a Christian.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm not offended, I'm just saying that you don't have to believe one specific way to be a Christian. Christian is a fairly broad label that covers lots of denominations. And I do believe in the Bible, just not as a completely literal text. Being Christian just means you believe in Christ.

Dignified Pauper
05-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Wahh... People were passing out free bibles (the mini ones!) on campus one time and EVERYONE was denying/ignoring them. It didn't help that they were really old people who tried to be nice to you so I felt really bad and took at least six of them from different people. They were everywhere, I tell ya :p

I do this too, always following it with a gentle, "God bless you" because you know, whether you believe it or not, these people do and they do it out of the kindness in their hearts to pass out bibles, and I think that's what true Christiandom is about. Though... I'm hardly a practicing christian.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 06:16 AM
Free stuff is always good. v(^_^)

FF freak
05-13-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm not offended, I'm just saying that you don't have to believe one specific way to be a Christian. Christian is a fairly broad label that covers lots of denominations. And I do believe in the Bible, just not as a completely literal text. Being Christian just means you believe in Christ.

Soooooo humor me. You believe that everyone is a sinner and the only way to get to heaven is through Christ? Not just believe in Him but believe He is our only salvation?

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 03:37 PM
I see this turning into an atheist vs. christian war.

FF freak
05-13-2005, 03:40 PM
I was just trying to understand how Shlup felt. I'm not at war with her.

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
I meant this thread in general.

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Soooooo humor me. You believe that everyone is a sinner and the only way to get to heaven is through Christ? Not just believe in Him but believe He is our only salvation?

Christians believe that nobody is worthy to enter Heaven, so we must be forgiven of our sins, and the only way to do that is through Christ, who was sinless but gave his life anyway. But, as was said, please don't let this become an Athiest vs. Christian debate, there are other places for that kind of thing.

Little Miss Awesome
05-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I already have bibles here at home. I got a Gideon's one from school.

FF freak
05-13-2005, 06:16 PM

Christians believe that nobody is worthy to enter Heaven, so we must be forgiven of our sins, and the only way to do that is through Christ, who was sinless but gave his life anyway. But, as was said, please don't let this become an Athiest vs. Christian debate, there are other places for that kind of thing.

I don't understand how I'm turning this into a debate. I am sorry if I offended anyone. I was only asking Shlup (albeit in a round about way) what she believed as she stated that some parts of the bible she didn't take literally. I know what Christians believe because I am one.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 10:22 PM
But, as was said, please don't let this become an Athiest vs. Christian debate, there are other places for that kind of thing.
Oh, sure, now you can say that 'cause you're not banned anymore. *cry*

Yeah, FF freak, that's... basically what I was raised to believe. It's not entirely the way I personally believe it goes, but there are some wacky people who believe that if you don't believe in Jesus, no matter how good of a person you are, God is cruel enough to send you to Hell. o.O

Casey
05-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Cool, I could get free bibles and then sell them on eBay.

100% profit! Now that's a good book!

haha. you remind me of my friend, he got a bunch of stuff from the navy/army/marines and sold them on ebay and got cash... :p

Erm.. I already have a bible.