PDA

View Full Version : random battles

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2005, 09:31 PM
there r too many random battles

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 09:40 PM
If you haven't you should really watch the FFVII flash, "All About Random Battles"... I'll go get it if you haven't. n.n The random battle rate wasn't bad.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2005, 09:49 PM
lol....how did know kno abou that?????????

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Bout what?

Dreddz
05-12-2005, 09:59 PM
there pretty balanced out
There no where near as bad as FFVI

Zifnab
05-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, FFVII is one of the few games where I find the battles fun. They give just the right amount of EXP to make leveling a fairly frequent occurence, and they don't take too long either.

Mercen-X
05-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Legend of Dragoon. Most infuriating random battle frequency . . . EVER!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Bout what?

abou the flash video....

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Newgrounds.com... what... I'm not supposed to know about it...?

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:27 PM
that movie is brilliant, hopefully youve seen all the extra scenes ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) anyway i thought the random battle rate was ok and it was only sometimes that i felt that i didnt need them :choc:

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I saw them all. Funny stuff. I loved hearing how they acted out Cloud in that Aeris/Cloud one. That alone made me laugh so hard... The last one was... weird though... XD, The game you had to play to see them was painful though, took me awhile...

I need to learn to stay on topic, huh? Yes well, again, the random encounter rate wasn't THAT high! It was normal I thought.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I saw them all. Funny stuff. I loved hearing how they acted out Cloud in that Aeris/Cloud one. That alone made me laugh so hard... The last one was... weird though... XD, The game you had to play to see them was painful though, took me awhile...

I need to learn to stay on topic, huh? Yes well, again, the random encounter rate wasn't THAT high! It was normal I thought.

that last extra scene took ROFL to a whole new level :choc:

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Yes it did, and I loved every minute of it!

Cloud: "Here, Yuffie, here's some Chocolaaaaate!!!"
Yuffie: "I don't like chocolate..."
Cloud: "Did I mention it was chocolate, MATERIA?!"
Yuffie: *retarded scream*

All in stick figures... XD I loved the chocobo bit also.

Gah... stupid topics.... yeah... I said my part... random encounter rate=ok.

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:50 PM
CLoud: We've got 2 chocobos
Tifa: lets make a chocobo baby
Cloud: thats inappropriate

*ahem* lets stay on topic, there is a materia called enemy away which reduces the number of encounters you get, you can find it at the chocobo square in gold saucer :choc:

:choc:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2005, 11:29 PM
i havent unlocked the 4th and 5th part of the bonus material :( :( ............can some one tell me it?????/

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 11:39 PM
The fourth one is about Tifa and Barret... The whole time is sounds like they're talking about Tifa's... *ahems* and it turns out they're actually talking about melons Tifa appearitly grow, that were on the table behind Tifa... Barret was saying things like "They sure are firm" and other things, so it was very wrong. Yet funny. The fifth is randomness and can't actually be explained, but it's done in really bad stick figures.

Mercen-X
05-12-2005, 11:55 PM
That minigame rocks!

EDIT - I got to level 30 before I got tired and quit.

EDIT again - They actually said, "Chobocobo baby!"

EDIT last - I want to play Final Fantasy A+ as a game. It's so cool!

Gwelenguchenkus
05-13-2005, 01:47 AM
YOU DO NOT KNOW what a 'bad' encounter rate is until you have played Tales of Phantasia (SNES).

Final Fantasy VII has a VERY tame encounter rate! Even Final Fanatasy X is much worse.

starlet
05-13-2005, 04:17 AM
i hate random battles altogether! they should just get rid of them. :mad2:

Raven Nox
05-13-2005, 04:23 AM
I want to play Final Fantasy A+ as a game. It's so cool!

As do I... as do I... Peneke is so cute!

The encounter rate in X IS worse then VII's... I don't have any complaints about VII's really, as I could walk dencent distances before getting in any battles.

eestlinc
05-13-2005, 04:26 AM
Man I wish they made it like Mystic Quest so you can see the monsters and avoid them. That would be the best!

ehsteve
05-13-2005, 05:18 AM
In case you are wondering what everybody is talking about, here is a link to the video:
http://legendaryfrog.net/heavy/movies.htm
I recommend you take time to look at LF's other movies as well. They are uber-awexome.

Vyk
05-13-2005, 05:20 AM
I don't think FF7's rate was bad at all. You want bad play Skies of Arcadia. Or... back in Saturn days there was Albert Odyssey. Games should let you take more than a couple freaking steps before a fight. I HATE random encounters. But FF7 didn't annoy me at all. plus there's materia to fix that...

Wait a minute... did that dude just call her "Tiffa"? It's TI-FA. After the notes on a scale. Do Ra Me FA So La TI

DJZen
05-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Man I wish they made it like Mystic Quest so you can see the monsters and avoid them. That would be the best!

They did, it's called FFXII.

I really don't understand why people think the random battles are too frequent. If FFVII was your first and last RPG I guess I could understand it better, but the encounter rate REALLY isn't that bad. I think probably FFII's or FFI's might be the harshest, or maybe it just feels like it is.

DMKA
05-13-2005, 07:38 AM
FFVII has excessively frequent random battles? My copy must be a bad one. :(

Chris
05-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Leveling in this game was actually something I enjoyed doing.

Del Murder
05-14-2005, 06:49 PM
I like random battles.

rcabronx
05-20-2005, 06:59 PM
I actually thought it took WAY too long in between random encounters, especially when trying to level up. But I'm not a very patient person either.