PDA

View Full Version : Your Oppinion on litter

Brian The Pink Shark
05-12-2005, 10:06 PM
lately i have become a lot more concious about the problem of litter, i was once a litter bug just letting my rubbish drop were it seemed fit, but now i can see it is a real problem and have stopped my wicked ways. Scotland has a really bad litter problem, Loch lomond is the worlds most polluted national park, and this is supposed to attract tourists. On the walk to school there is real problems with litter, the school tried to sort this by putting bins every two feet along the pavement, but these are overlooked and knocked over, i do like to think that i am doing my part in keeping the world clean and i urge you all to put your rubbish in a bin, thankyou :choc:

Discuss

Zifnab
05-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Can't stand it. I'd never drop anything in the street, I can't see why so many people think it's acceptable.

Jojee
05-12-2005, 10:15 PM
With your powers combined.... I am <i><b>CAPTAIN PLANET!</b></i>

♪ Captain Planet ♪
♪ He's our hero ♪
♪ Gonna take pollution down to zero ♪
♪ He's our powers ♪
♪ Magnified ♪
♪ And he's fighting on the planet side! ♪

We're the planeteers,
You can be one too,
Cos' saving the planet is the thing to do,
Looting and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

<i>"The power.... is <B>yours</b>!"</i>

*looks up* Oh god, what freak typed that? :p *whistles and walks off*

PS. Littering is bad.

Raven Nox
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
I know people that do this, I barely do it, but I guess I shouls stop the little bit I do do, huh?

P.S. Monkey - I think I'm a freak now, 'cause I actually thought you putting that was kinda funny... hate that shows guts though...

FF freak
05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Considering that paper bio-degrades is it really that bad to through paper away like that aside from it being wasteful. LOL Monkey what planeteer ring do you have?

Jojee
05-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Hehe <3

I love that show. You shouldn't hate Capt'n Planet ^_^ Anyone with Captain in their names are automatically worth listening to, from experience O=) *prods Devin and CaptRory* Anyway that was my favorite show when I was little and that is why I don't litter now :p

Maybe not. But I do make an effort not to litter =3 :monkey:

Edit: FF freak, I have the LOVE ring. :love: (not the heart one though, that kid was scary cos' I never realized he was a guy until high school xD)

Psychotic
05-12-2005, 10:22 PM
I often like to find out where animals live, then I'll drop litter right outside. My favourites are litter with jagged edges, such as can lids or - even better - broken glass! Oh plus you know those plastic ring things? Yeah I like to leave those lying around too in the hope that an otter or a badger or something strangles itself on them. 64 kills, 43 confirmed.

Jojee
05-12-2005, 10:23 PM
You... you... you killed my mother! :cry: *shakes fist*

Psychotic
05-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Not before I had my way with her. :joey:

XxSephirothxX
05-12-2005, 10:24 PM
With your powers combined.... I am <i><b>CAPTAIN PLANET!</b></i>

♪ Captain Planet ♪
♪ He's our hero ♪
♪ Gonna take pollution down to zero ♪
♪ He's our powers ♪
♪ Magnified ♪
♪ And he's fighting on the planet side! ♪

We're the planeteers,
You can be one too,
Cos' saving the planet is the thing to do,
Looting and polluting is not the way,
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

<i>"The power.... is <B>yours</b>!"</i>

*looks up* Oh god, what freak typed that? :p *whistles and walks off*

PS. Littering is bad.

If Captain Planet isn't a prime example of homosexuality in superheroes, I don't know who is. But yeah, littering is bad. :D

FF freak
05-12-2005, 10:28 PM
If Captain Planet isn't a prime example of homosexuality in superheroes, I don't know who is. But yeah, littering is bad. :D

He Man is sooooo gayer than he is but yeah.....

Jojee
05-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Psy: You sicko ;)

If Captain Planet isn't a prime example of homosexuality in superheroes, I don't know who is. But yeah, littering is bad. :D Um, hello, He-Man? :p :p :p ;) :drool:

!

Haha FF freak, great minds think alike. xD

Psychotic
05-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Psy: You sicko ;)Jojo....I AM YOUR FATHER.

He-Man was hetro! Trust me, I tried to work the ol' Psy magic on him and he wouldn't budge!

Dr.K
05-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Litter spoils the beauty of so many towns and cities, especially London. Those beautiful clouds of sulphur dioxide and the quaint layer of soot that covers nearly every building is spoilt only by the evils of this beast we call litter. Bad I say, BAD!

Jojee
05-12-2005, 10:34 PM
He-Man was hetro! Trust me, I tried to work the ol' Psy magic on him and he wouldn't budge! Thus proving my point, woman :tongue:

She-Girl (Was she called that? God it's been so long.) was so buff. n_n

Now I'll start talking about litter again so please don't yell at me, it's scarey :( :fpsweat:

Anyway, people don't realize how even a little bit of littering can harm the planet a lot. Our environment would be so much better if we got awareness out. But schools do that, and people don't listen anyway because they think that one or two things won't matter... but it does ^_^ Cos' if everyone littered a little, it turns out to be a lot!

Ta daa. I should be a teacher.

FF freak
Ummm Psy I hate to tell you this but Skeletor wasn't the only skeletons in this guys closet. He's got a thing for Man-at-Arms so it's only natural he wouldn't be intrested in you....

Oh! and no ones answered my paper question yet.

Brian The Pink Shark
cmon guys lets keep this on topic, i dont want another thread of mine being closed :( :choc:

KentaRawr!
05-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Well, Cat's HAVE learned to use the Toilet. Try it!

Oh you meant Littering...not Litter boxes...

Well, it is a rather big problem. I have no idea why people just throw trash on the ground of all places. Someone might drop something slippery on a side walk. The perfect thing to make a Kid riding his bike fall. (You all know that falling on a side walk is painful!!)

Or perhaps Glass on the Road. (Tire goes pop) >_<

Littering is bad! :mad2:

Resha
05-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Litter is bad! :( And I liked HEART from Cap'n Planet coz he had a monkey. :love: Just like Jowjow.

Shlup
05-12-2005, 11:47 PM
I'll toss food waste (like orange peel or the butt of a banana) in a bush or something. It's mulch! Everything else stays in my purse, pocket, or hand until I get to a trash can though. We also recycle cans on campus and here in my apartment.

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 01:36 AM
I'll toss food waste (like orange peel or the butt of a banana) in a bush or something. It's mulch!

Bananas have butts? Man, I'm missing out.

I'll do the same. Apple cores, banana peels, bread crusts, and other food wastes, I'll just toss them on the side of the road, into the water, whatever. It'll get eaten by something or rot, either way it's alright. Plastics and such, I save those until I get somewhere to throw them away. Except in Iraq, because there's so much trash around the roads there, nobody could tell the difference anyway. And when I used to smoke, I'd toss the cigarette butts out, but never into a dry field or anything.

rubah
05-13-2005, 01:40 AM
I live in the "Natural State" of course I don't like it.

Although it's disappointing when you go on cleanup thingers and there's not hardly any enough to pick up.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 01:41 AM
When I used to smoke I never littered my butts. It's not nice! :p

Nod
05-13-2005, 01:45 AM
I hate litter. I tried to implement a policy of 'beat the crap out of anyone who drops litter' when i was at school but that just got me into trouble. So now im a bit older and wiser, i just dont drop my own litter.....

and hurl abuse at anyone i see doing it.
:D

Apollo
05-13-2005, 01:49 AM
Litter is icky and I hate it. I've never littered before and I don't plan to. I recycle alot too. :)

Meat Puppet
05-13-2005, 02:02 AM
someone might quote maddox soon

fire_of_avalon
05-13-2005, 03:00 AM
I yell at people who litter. Even strangers who litter when I'm around. I'm mean.

Faris
05-13-2005, 04:09 AM
I have to pick it up for one reason or another :\. It's gross when it gets into flower beds and stuff :(

Erdrick Holmes
05-13-2005, 04:11 AM
I like the kind tha clumps better.

Yamaneko
05-13-2005, 04:19 AM
Bleys is litter.

Quina
05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm against it.