PDA

View Full Version : A View to a Kill

Chris
05-13-2005, 12:18 AM
http://www.obsessional.co.uk/a%20view%20to%20a%20kill4.jpg
James Bond
A View to a Kill

Rate: http://:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/52dffp

Review
Out of all the later Bond movies “A View to a Kill” is the most affective one.
That being said, the movie is not without its faults. First of all is the character of Stacie Sutton (played by Tanya Roberts) the character is simply too weak and not the least believable as a “Bond Woman”.
Secondly is; Roger Moore, he’s simply too old to strut his stuff as the Agent 007.
He often lacks that certain flair that his previous Bond roles had going for them, and most of the Bond stunts are simply not believable – as Roger Moore supposedly doing them.
This was Roger Moore’s last outing as the Agent 007 and he got a fair farewell (so did Lois Maxwell) whose being playing Miss Money Penny for over 15 years.
Other than the obvious faults “A View to a Kill” works perfectly well as great action movie; the story is well thought out and the rest of the cast gets it going – even with Tanya Roberts and Roger Moore’s less then swell performances. Academy award winning actor Christopher Walken is great as the vicious psychotic “Zorin” and Grace Jones literally steals the movie as the predatory May Day.
Speaking of the devil; Grace Jones is ferocious as the evil henchwoman May Day (she really manages to bring the character to life, mainly because her physical appearance is so strong).
The locations in “A View to a Kill” are stunning; from the beautiful French countryside to the high wire stunts on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco – the movie looks absolutely magnificent.
Another highlight of “A View to a Kill” is the musical score (which in my opinion is one of the finest scores ever to grace the silver screen) the main title performed by the pop band Duran, Duran.
The title “A View to a Kill” reached the number #1 spot in the pop charts (as the only Bond song to ever do so). The extra material on the DVD is more than satisfying; with a commentary of the movie, several of TV Spots, Trailers and two special programs - makes for a DVD definitely worth of purchase.
So if you’re a Bond fan or just like great action “A View to a Kill” is definitely a must see (if not only to witness Grace Jones in the role of her career). Definitely recommended.

Any thoughts?

Big D
05-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Not bad, as the later Bond films go.

I like how most of the supporting cast are really old, to cover the fact that Bond himself is pushing 50:D

Good plot, good conclusion. A bit much gratuitous death for my taste, though.

XxSephirothxX
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
I think it was pretty sucky, just like almost every other Roger Moore Bond flick. The only one I genuinely though was good was For Your Eyes Only. Oh, and, sorry Chris, but I didn't like May Day one bit.

Flying Mullet
05-13-2005, 09:46 PM
<i>A View to a Kill</i> is one of the worst Bond movies, right up there with <i>License to Kill</i>. Then again I only really like the Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan ones.

Chris
05-13-2005, 10:02 PM
A View to a Kill is my favorite movie. :(

XxSephirothxX
05-13-2005, 10:04 PM
It doesn't hold a candle to Goldeneye, The Living Daylights, or Goldfinger.

Chris
05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
...that may be true, but their soundtrack doesn't hold candle against A View to a Kill's.

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Shut it. You all know Thunderwhore was the best.

Psychotic
05-13-2005, 10:15 PM
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN PWNZ J00 ALL1111111

View to a Kill was OK. All I remember was a crazy guy called Max, an airship, Duran Duran and Chris's friend. And a mine.

Chris
05-13-2005, 10:16 PM
Shut it. You all know Thunderwhore was the best.
>:O

XxSephirothxX
05-13-2005, 10:17 PM
...that may be true, but their soundtrack doesn't hold candle against A View to a Kill's.

There are only two James Bond songs I thought were any good--the original theme and Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die.

Chris
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Not even the one who set the standart for songs to come (Shirley Bassey). :confused:

Old Manus
05-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Seriously, I do like Goldenpie and One Girl is Not Enough.

Chris
05-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Goldeneye was great. :)

Psychotic
05-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Goldeneye was great. :)I only think it's great because of the game.

From the cradle to the grave...your grave, James!
Blah blah blah penpushers blah blah blah loyal terrier blah blah blah finish the job if you can blah blah blah.

For England, James?
No, for me.

Yeah :)

Dr.K
05-13-2005, 11:59 PM
To be honest I thought A View To A Kill was pretty average...not bad, but it didn't arouse me. When I think of it I only really remember Duran Duran.

NM
05-14-2005, 01:30 PM
A View to a Kill is my favorite movie. :(

Hands up those who didn't see that one coming. :p ;)

A View to a Kill is an alright Bond film, but like most of the Roger Moore Bond film's the plots are all abit far fetched. Moonraker anyone?

The best Bond's are the Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan film's.

Chris
05-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Moonraker sucked, at least Shirley Bassey did a good job with the title song.