PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th

Shlup
05-13-2005, 04:05 AM
CloudDragon has just informed me that tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Huzzah! We must celebrate with pagan rituals that cause us to go to Hell and all that fun stuff.

Now something tells me that 80% of people here will post to say that they like Friday the 13th because that's just the kind of rebel-jerkfaces that you antisocial nerds on this message board are (while 15% will go that extra step in "non conformity" to say they don't care about Friday the 13th, another 3% will say they believe Friday the 13th is unlucky, and another 2% will not know that Friday the 13th is supposed to be an unlucky day).

So I ask: Why do you feel the way you do about Friday the 13th? How do you feel about Saturday the 14th?

I like Friday the 13th because I feel like it. I like liking things. Yay!

FF freak
05-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Fridays are meant to be celebrated regardless. Unless you got some crappy job that day and have to work extra hours. No I don't believe in luck.

eestlinc
05-13-2005, 04:40 AM
I like it in non-leap-years when you get a Friday the 13th in both February and March. I also like Friday the 13th because it means the month started on a Sunday and uses the most efficient calendar setup.

Yamaneko
05-13-2005, 04:43 AM
I've always agreed with the European start of the week as Monday. Yay for secularism!

Shlup
05-13-2005, 04:44 AM
You're so weird, eest.

FF freak has it right on though... Every Friday should be celebrated. Woo hoo for Fridays! TGIF and all that. *does the no-school dance*

Jojee
05-13-2005, 04:47 AM
I've always agreed with the European start of the week as Monday. Yay for secularism! That's what I ALWAYS thought, cos' in China where I grew up (hahah I sound like an old man) Monday was called Xingqi Yi which means Week One, and Tuesday was Xingqi Er (Week 2) and etc ^_^ Monday should so be the first day.

I dunno, nothing bad ever happened to me on Friday the 13th. My bf might have been born on Friday the 13th... hmm.

Sploddess
05-13-2005, 04:50 AM
CloudDragon has just informed me that tomorrow is Friday the 13th. Huzzah! We must celebrate with pagan rituals that cause us to go to Hell and all that fun stuff.

Okay now I take offense to the Pagan comment because I am Pagan. Nothing we do causes anyone to go to hell, because Paganism was the first offical religion to ever be documented, and some of our rituals Christians practice and say they are their own and to comdemn Pagans. Friday the 13th is just something that old people made up for the fact that in 1578 the had a plague in the east and one friday the 13th they lost the most amount of people. Thats why the call it unlucky to most older people and some cultures they find it a sign of death.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 04:51 AM
It was a joke.

Kirobaito
05-13-2005, 04:51 AM
I certainly hope it's not unlucky. We're throwing a surprise birthday party for my history teacher tomorrow during his class (we bought a cake and everything), even though his birthday isn't until August. We just want to waste a day of class, so we're going to invade the class with cake and punch.

But yeah, I barely notice Friday the 13th. I must be a nonconformist.

Jebus
05-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Friday the 13th used to be my lucky day, but that all changed, the year I turned 13 strangely enough. Now it's just another day for me.

Sploddess
05-13-2005, 05:12 AM
A joke or not you have to be careful because someone might take offense when it deals with something they've been shunned for their whole life. I've failed classes because of religious purposes. A teacher of mine made my life hell in British Lit because she was Christian, and made me write a paper on the bible and then when I didn't write it on the positive side of the bible she failed me but yet I still ended up with a high enough grade in her class to make top 5% because I worked twice as hard as everyone else. Just be careful not to try to offend people on accident or not.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 05:14 AM
The day we're really careful not to offend anyone is the day we stop going outside the house. Or online, apparently.

Sploddess
05-13-2005, 05:23 AM
No it's not a matter of removing yourself from the world just thinking how someone else might take something.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 05:27 AM
I wish I could put on my good-person face and tell you I care, but I don't. If you're offended by a joke, that's your choice.

Hawkeye
05-13-2005, 05:40 AM
I understand Sploddess is new around here and all, but there are just certain things and ways we act around here. If you get offended, tough. Suck it up and dont whine about someones jokes or beliefs from half a world away from you.

If you want to defend your stance of paganism, go to eyes on you forum

Shlup
05-13-2005, 05:45 AM
Yeah, basically. xD

I have no problem with Paganism, my point is just that it was a joke. If you're offended by a joke then you're welcome to say so but I'm not going to say I'm sorry for making a joke.

Anyways! Friday the 13th is usually a good day for me, but I always feel wary on Saturday the 14th. It'll get ya when your guard is down... :shifty:

Jojee
05-13-2005, 05:46 AM
I dunno, when someone is hurt or offended about something, it's not in my ideals to tell them to "Suck it up." =P That is just mean, regardless of what forum you are in. While I don't think Shlup's joke is offensive and she obviously can't take into account everything she says so that no one will ever be offended (because different people get offended by different things) I do think Sploddess has ample reason to feel the way she does.

Edit: Hehee... 13 more minutes til Friday the 13th ^_^

Shlup
05-13-2005, 05:48 AM
I know, I'm a total jerk. *stabs herself*

Jojee
05-13-2005, 05:50 AM
Yeah, but a sexy one ;) *unstabs you* Actually I was talking to Hawkeye! :p I still love you too though, hawkdude xD

Edit! : Joel your room can get blown up by a bomb or something ;)

Erdrick Holmes
05-13-2005, 05:51 AM
I'm not leaving my room all day.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 05:51 AM
Isn't that a normal day for you though, Joel? <3

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 05:53 AM
If somebody else takes something as offensive, that's their problem and nobody else's. It wasn't meant to be insulting or derogatory, and you're the only one that finds it offensive--that should tell you something. Something like "get over it". The remark about Hell was--as Hell is a concept of another religion--obviously something in which beliefs vary, depending on religion. Some people believe it's possible to for a rapist and murderer to get to Heaven, and others believe people that voted for certain politicians will go to Hell, that doesn't make them all right, or mean that everybody who voted for that politician should find them and give them a piece of their mind. I'm sure you're not the only one with a story about "oh poor me had something bad happen to him because I wasn't like everybody else", whether any of those stories are true are not. By the way, "pagan" was originally, and somewhat still is, used as a term for non-mainstream religions, especially with multiple gods and/or goddesses.

On to a lighter note. Friday the 13th. Is that a lighter note?

I actually didn't make the connection until I saw this thread, all I had been thinking was that it's the day my bogus ban ends...unless something else I say gets severely misunderstood between now and then, of course. I don't care about it either way, I'm not superstitous or anything. It's just another day.

The Captain
05-13-2005, 05:59 AM
Isn't Hell a belief from Catholicism?

See what you've done now Shlup?! A simple thread about Friday the 13th has now become a thread involving religion, personal preference and the potent power of humor. Gotta love it.

Take care all.

Jebus
05-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Heh. The day people stop taking everything so seriously will be a great day. Never to come, but it's nice to hope for.

Life is a joke, and should be experienced as one.

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 06:03 AM
I don't know. Do Jews believe in a form of Hell? If so, then Catholicism got the idea of Hell from the Jews, and the Old Testament. If not, then I'd imagine it's something strictly New Testament, and would be first credited to Catholicism.

I've got to stop opening all the threads I want to see, then replying to them one by one. By the time I finally get to all of 'em, I've wasted half an hour and too much has happened, and I just look like an asshole for bringing up stuff that's like a dozen posts ago. Or, rather, more of one.

Dignified Pauper
05-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Schlup, I'm so proud you can add to 100.

I really didn't even pay attention to Friday the 13th.

To me, it's like Wednesday the 11th! It's just as bad because it knows that in two days... it will be Friday the 13th!!!

The Captain
05-13-2005, 06:06 AM
To the best of my knowledge, those of the Hebrew faith don't believe in a concept of Hell, though I'm not sure if that means they believe in damnation and all the like along with it.

"I've got to stop opening all the threads I want to see, then replying to them one by one. By the time I finally get to all of 'em, I've wasted half an hour and too much has happened, and I just look like an asshole for bringing up stuff that's like a dozen posts ago. Or, rather, more of one."

It happens to everyone. Better to take the time out to express your opinion to the best of your ability than to pass up the chance to express it at all, I say.

Take care all.

Samuraid
05-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Friday is a normal day whether it is the 13th or not. I like it because it means I can stay up later...and it leads to Saturday. :D:D

Erdrick Holmes
05-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Isn't that a normal day for you though, Joel? <3

No, I'm serious. Every Friday the 13th something bad happens to me if I go anywhere outside of my house. Whether I get hurt, sick, grounded, have a loved one die, or have something stolen from me.

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 06:15 AM
I really don't know about Hell...I'm reasonably certain that the Hebrew faith did have a concept of damnation, but don't know whether it was Hell, or just like Pergatory or the "holding room" or whatever until they were really judged. I'll have to look that up, see if it's in the OT. You have peaked my curiosity, Captain.

Here we go... Actually, the OT contains many references to Hell. So, I would imagine they do believe in Hell, but I don't know if it's the same Hell that Christians believe in. I'd imagine so, but I guess I would have to find a Jewish person and ask them to know for sure.

It happens to everyone. Better to take the time out to express your opinion to the best of your ability than to pass up the chance to express it at all, I say.

I'll remember that next time I get banned, and say you told me to do it. :D

Shlup
05-13-2005, 06:15 AM
Schlup, I'm so proud you can add to 100.
I can? I didn't check my math. :o

The Captain
05-13-2005, 06:18 AM
"I'll remember that next time I get banned, and say you told me to do it."

So long as you got a temp ban for something you truly believe in (within reason), then I'd say it could be worthwhile.

Take care all.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 06:20 AM
"I'll remember that next time I get banned, and say you told me to do it."

So long as you got a temp ban for something you truly believe in (within reason), then I'd say it could be worthwhile.

Take care all.
:thumb:

Samuraid
05-13-2005, 07:00 AM
Actually, the OT contains many references to Hell. So, I would imagine they do believe in Hell, but I don't know if it's the same Hell that Christians believe in.

The OT refers to it as "the grave" (or "sheol" in Hebrew).

DMKA
05-13-2005, 07:14 AM
I like it because it's the day I run U-Hauls armed with explosives into random buildings in populated areas of Hell.

-N-
05-13-2005, 07:16 AM
I have a final that day. Oh well, I don't believe in it anyways.

White Raven
05-13-2005, 08:16 AM
For some reason, here in Ontario (the cool province in Canada, not the lame city) a whole bunch of people ride their motorcycles to a city called Port Dover.

http://www.pd13.com/

Have fun on today, the most spooky Friday. :)

Razo
05-13-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm scared i don't think i'm gonna get to sleep tonight :spin:

cloud.strife
05-13-2005, 08:43 AM
I treat it like any other day. Mondays on the other hand, was created by some oke for the sole purpose of tormenting the entire planet. Mondays are evil

Big D
05-13-2005, 08:47 AM
This particular Friday the 13th is my uncle's birthday. Happy 53rd to him!

Both my mother and her brother were born on the 13th (in different months and different years), so they both celebrate their birthdays on Black Friday every few years. Neither was born on a Friday, though.

Polaris
05-13-2005, 08:50 AM
I'd rather not think about it, not that I am afraid but I just don't like to think that I'll have a bad lucky day! And today I'll have anew german teacher.... What if she is a witch?!

Mercen-X
05-13-2005, 08:55 AM
If there is such thing as luck, I either have none or it's typically bad. Bad luck! Bad! Go to the corner!

Resha
05-13-2005, 09:25 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO~! IT IS A DAY OF GREAT EVIL! OF GREAT, GREAT, GREAT EVIL! ;_________; HOW SCAWEY! SEE HOW THE LIGHTNING STRIKES?!?!?!

I am struck dead. I am now dead. How eeeevil! :(

War Angel
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Do Jews believe in a form of Hell?
Nope. No form of an after-life. You live this life, in this world, and that's all you're getting. There are mentions of an abyssal existence for extremely evil humans, or a heavenly one for extraordinarily good pones, but nothing more, and certainly not a form of an after-life. Any mention of such a thing was done post-Christianity, or under the cultural and religious influence of Christianity. Jews live in this world, according to the basic laws given to them by God (the Commandments, whom every human should follow), and also Jewish-specific laws (Mitzvahs, over 600 of 'em), in order to make them rise above the common human, and to bring them closer to one another and God, and make this world a better place. Jews are not promised any place after their deaths... they should live the life they are given to the best of their ability, because this world is where everyone is, it's the world God created for the humans, and no-one should live for an after-life resport and spa. :)

The idea is, that if everyone makes the best effort, and live by the rules and performs all the Mitzvahs, this world will turn into a wonderful, heavenly place, just like Adam and Eve were cast out of, only this will be of our doing, and under our own responsibility. The Kingdom of God is his own, and no human is allowed in there. As for Hell... there's no Devil or God-opposing entity in Judaism (since God is all-mighty, none can challenge him), so there's no Hell either. Jews should not live with fear of what will happen to them after they're dead, but rather, live with the thought of making Tikun Olam, which is the supreme act of making this world a better place to live in, for those that will come after them, and not so that they won't be cast into some over-sized barbeque. :)

but I guess I would have to find a Jewish person and ask them to know for sure.
*waves!* :D

Mookies
05-13-2005, 09:47 AM
Fri 13th has already passed for me.
We won 2 waterpolo games. :p

Meat Puppet
05-13-2005, 10:20 AM
I only like Friday the 13th if it's my birthday. And today was not my birthday, so it was just another boring day.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-13-2005, 10:23 AM
A joke or not you have to be careful because someone might take offense when it deals with something they've been shunned for their whole life. I've failed classes because of religious purposes. A teacher of mine made my life hell in British Lit because she was Christian, and made me write a paper on the bible and then when I didn't write it on the positive side of the bible she failed me but yet I still ended up with a high enough grade in her class to make top 5% because I worked twice as hard as everyone else. Just be careful not to try to offend people on accident or not.You obviously don't know Shlup!!!!!

Armisael
05-13-2005, 11:14 AM
I've always agreed with the European start of the week as Monday. Yay for secularism!
^_^

theundeadhero
05-13-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm gonna eat Count Chocula cerial so all the pretty people think I'm performing some sort of gothic ceremony. Then they'll burn me at the stake! YAY! *Burns and Dies... again*

YukiKiro
05-13-2005, 02:14 PM
what's funny is that my prom is today, friday 13th. wish me luck. naw, i don't believe in all that hocus pokus about bad luck, superstitions never really got me anywhere.

Xander
05-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I hope something bad does happen today, then I won't have to go to the dentist next week n__n

Rase
05-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Actually, didn't notice it was Friday the 13th until this thread.

So..... yeah. I have a History test today. And a dentist appointment. That's about it. usually I'm fine, since it's Friday, so anything bad that happens is counteracted by NO SCHOOL TOMMORROW!

Plus, I'm going to Great America. :cool:

Devourment
05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
It's 'Make Poverty History' day at my Sixth-Form today... so everyone is farting about on bouncy castles & doing other charity things outside. But I've been on the computers all day. Hurrah! More of a good luck day to me than a bad luck day.

theundeadhero
05-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Plus, I'm going to Great America. Be sure to meet the Queen. She gave me a great scarf.

DarkLadyNyara
05-13-2005, 03:25 PM
The idea is, that if everyone makes the best effort, and live by the rules and performs all the Mitzvahs, this world will turn into a wonderful, heavenly place, just like Adam and Eve were cast out of, only this will be of our doing, and under our own responsibility. The Kingdom of God is his own, and no human is allowed in there. As for Hell... there's no Devil or God-opposing entity in Judaism (since God is all-mighty, none can challenge him), so there's no Hell either. Jews should not live with fear of what will happen to them after they're dead, but rather, live with the thought of making Tikun Olam, which is the supreme act of making this world a better place to live in, for those that will come after them, and not so that they won't be cast into some over-sized barbeque.
Suprisingly similar to my veiws, and yet I have never been Jewish. Guess it just goes to show you how much different religions have in common.

Boosk
05-13-2005, 03:26 PM
wow....friday 13th!
Today has actually turned out to be an excelent day! The sun is shineing, the birds are singing I had pancakes for breakfast! I've not had to be in college so I've been mooching around all day watching X files. Today is a good day (well, Its only 3:22 UK time so still got ages left!)
Kagga :love:

Devourment
05-13-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm going to Great America. :cool:Where's that?

Sasquatch
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Nope. No form of an after-life. You live this life, in this world, and that's all you're getting. There are mentions of an abyssal existence for extremely evil humans, or a heavenly one for extraordinarily good pones, but nothing more, and certainly not a form of an after-life. Any mention of such a thing was done post-Christianity, or under the cultural and religious influence of Christianity. Jews live in this world, according to the basic laws given to them by God (the Commandments, whom every human should follow), and also Jewish-specific laws (Mitzvahs, over 600 of 'em), in order to make them rise above the common human, and to bring them closer to one another and God, and make this world a better place. Jews are not promised any place after their deaths... they should live the life they are given to the best of their ability, because this world is where everyone is, it's the world God created for the humans, and no-one should live for an after-life resport and spa. :)

The idea is, that if everyone makes the best effort, and live by the rules and performs all the Mitzvahs, this world will turn into a wonderful, heavenly place, just like Adam and Eve were cast out of, only this will be of our doing, and under our own responsibility. The Kingdom of God is his own, and no human is allowed in there. As for Hell... there's no Devil or God-opposing entity in Judaism (since God is all-mighty, none can challenge him), so there's no Hell either. Jews should not live with fear of what will happen to them after they're dead, but rather, live with the thought of making Tikun Olam, which is the supreme act of making this world a better place to live in, for those that will come after them, and not so that they won't be cast into some over-sized barbeque. :)

but I guess I would have to find a Jewish person and ask them to know for sure.
*waves!* :D

Well, that settles it doesn't it? Thanks War Angel, I appreciate it.

So far today...woke up at 9 to a phone call (two minutes before my alarm went off, I hate that) and ate breakfast (Ramen...mmmmmm). No "bad luck" so far.

Rainecloud
05-13-2005, 04:53 PM
You can't classify me as a non-conformist because I don't care about Friday 13th.

It means nothing to me. Nothing at all.

Maxico
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Today:
I cut my hand, lost £10 (which I needed to get home), got a splitting headache, broke my shoe and came home (eventualy) to find pidgeons in my kitchen that were /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifting all over my oven and cutting board.

Then I found out it was friday the 13th.

Im trying REALLY hard not to believe.

Hawkeye
05-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Today, my dog bit me in the hand, pretty badly, blood all over the place, bandaids keeping it all together. I fell asleep during physics, a kid was acting like a jackass to me, which wasnt cool. I have a quiz in Geometry i didnt study for and a have a religious reflection worth 50pts due today and i didnt even do that either.

I just feel like saying, "oh **** it"

Samuraid
05-13-2005, 06:17 PM
I took a midterm today...it went very well. Burn superstition, burn!

Blackmageboi
05-13-2005, 07:33 PM
while 15% will go that extra step in "non conformity" to say they don't care about Friday the 13th

that would be me

bennator
05-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Since I only skimmed this thread, I'll just say that if making jokes is wrong, I don't want to be right (and if Shlup gets banned, I'll make an unban Shlup group)

Leene
05-13-2005, 08:52 PM
:save: Here in Greece there is nothing special about friday 13th we only have Tuesday 13th and it is about bad luck. :save:

Miriel
05-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Friday the 13th! It's Sun God Festival at UC San Diego!

XxSephirothxX
05-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Those movies gave this day a bad name. For shame.

Shlup
05-13-2005, 10:15 PM
You can't classify me as a non-conformist because I don't care about Friday 13th.

It means nothing to me. Nothing at all.
Are you refusing to conform to the non conformists?

"I'm so non-conformist I'm not conforming with the rest of you. I'll do it."

Hey, now that I think about it, you look kinda like that guy.... Muaha.

disapointedchild
05-13-2005, 10:28 PM
What, its unlucky. :surprised

Psychotic
05-13-2005, 10:32 PM
I saw a black cat today but it refused to cross my path so I hissed at it and it ran away.

Destai
05-13-2005, 11:01 PM
My cousin was born 10 minutes ago today. Its a boy! How does Damien sound?

Shlup
05-13-2005, 11:04 PM
How does Damien sound?
Evil. But I like it.

Dr.K
05-14-2005, 12:07 AM
I find Friday the 13th pretty sa-...Oh, it's not even Friday the 13th in England anymore!
I WENT THERE!

DMKA
05-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Omg! This afternoon I woke up, and it was really hot! When I walked into the bathroom...a black cat crossed my path! Luckily I had a camera on hand to take a picture of this event in action:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/000_1086_small.jpg

ZOMGFG BAD LUCK GOT MEW!!111

Dixie
05-14-2005, 01:11 AM
My friday the 13th was really bad. Everyone thinks I like his guy, even though I DON'T! Then I got hit in the face with not one, not two, but FOUR BASKETBALLS! Talk about bad luck...I OWN a black cat.

What a day.:(

Quina
05-14-2005, 01:15 AM
What day is firday the 13th?

Dixie
05-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Ummm......Friday is the day of the week Friday the 13th is on.

rubah
05-14-2005, 01:21 AM
I like being able to tell immediately if a month will have a friday the 13th just by looking at what day the first sunday is on.

Thank you muchlies Encyclopedia Brown!

fire_of_avalon
05-14-2005, 04:02 AM
My sister had a bad day today.

OMG BAD LUCK, I'm glad I sat on my butt and played video games all day.

WildRaubtier
05-14-2005, 04:42 AM
I snapped a CD last night.

3 times.

VERY CLEANLY, TOO.

Jakkko
05-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Friday the 13th of may :d it was my birthdat and i was 13, so my birthdy yesterday was,i was 13 on friday the 13th :D:D:D kool, so was my mate

Croyles
05-14-2005, 04:33 PM
I had a english literature test on the 13th, and i know i didnt do well...

StarlightAngel
05-14-2005, 05:09 PM
My friday the 13th was really bad. Everyone thinks I like his guy, even though I DON'T!

Let's go murder some people that do that to me too! XD

Nothing too bad happened. I got to eat cake for my mother's B-day. I didn't get any cake from my aunt or cousin's b-day tho (Same day... creeeeeepy O_o). Too bad they live so far away :(

Anywhoo.... YAY FOR SATURDAY! XD

Jess
05-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't really believe in Friday the 13th as I'm not really supersticious.
BUT, I don't walk under ladders, but thats just because of the simple reason that something might fall on me. :D

My friday the 13th was actually quite good! I enjoyed it.

My friend had a bad Friday the 13th, he got knocked off his motorbike by a car. Bike is a write-off. But he's okay. :)

Peegee
05-14-2005, 06:08 PM
I had no idea yesterday was fri the 13. I went to work and finished early, then ate a nice chinese lunch and went home where I beat Mario Kart DD star, special and all cup on mirror mode to finish the damn game once and for all.

What's this about bad luck?

Boosk
05-14-2005, 10:31 PM
okay, it started great with the happy and the singing but then my bus to work was late (I started at 6pm) then I has to get a lift from dad, then the car nearly died, then I was at work and I dropped a box on my foot, then I got home and slept...........well....thats all...i guess...um....ok.....bye

Kagga the non superstisious. :love:

Samuraid
05-15-2005, 12:16 AM
I felt terrible in the evening...but that was only because I only had an hour and ½ of sleep the night before. ;)

ShivaBlizzard8
05-15-2005, 06:51 AM
I had a horrible day. I was late driving home so I got stuck in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic under the city in a giant tunnel and my car's engine coolant decided to overheat and I had no where to go. (It's one of those things where if the car isn't moving steam starts pouring out of your engine, but if you move, the circulating air cools it down). It took me 3 hours to get out of there, and I was screaming the entire time for people to move so my car wouldn't blow up. It was nervewracking as hell. Plus, my cell phone managed to die just at that moment despite the fact I had charged it that morning, so if I hadn't made it, I couldn't call for help. Then I was late to an appointment that night, and got a terrible headache.

Also, I completely forgot it was Friday the 13th until the day after, so I can't blame psycology on why my day was so unlucky. It was unlucky before I realized it was supposed to be. :mad2:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-15-2005, 07:25 AM
13th of may was my grandmas death anniversary! So either way i that was a bad day...but for all the rest i cant help get a little superstitous about friday the 13th's....well atleast the pissing off people part....i try not to piss off people at that day atleast....the rest of the time i'll be an annoying bugger but at that day ill just shut up.....or try to atleast! :D

Kamiko
05-15-2005, 07:28 AM
Yeah um... I didn't get to go see a movie and my algebra test was so easy, so I must have failed it. There's no other plausible explaination.... but I got to talk to the person on the phone... yippee!

SadisticStreetSoldie
05-15-2005, 03:19 PM
The only bad things that happened to me on Friday was my friend sneezing on my hand (my hand was itchy for a couple of minutes after that incident) and I banged my elbow against the table. WHOOO HOOO!!!!! So glad I made it out alive

Gemma xxx