PDA

View Full Version : differences

Maya
05-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Previously I have played FF8 computer version and now I tried psx-version. I noticed that there was some differences between those two.
Like Edea is longer playable charachter and Ward was also in that scene in Trabia canyon where you fight against Ruby dragon.
In that computer version, Edea was only playable while you where in the salt fields. When you arrived to the Esthar she left your party.
And only Kiros was with Laguna in that battle and in the whole scene. There was never Ward there.
Iīm not sure is this because they are different versions or is it because they might be other PAL and the other NTSC. I know that psx-game is PAL but I donīt remember what that computer game is. I believe thereīre similar differences in other ff games between PAL and NTSC versions.

tailz
05-13-2005, 10:21 AM
well on my pc version edea was palyable until after the lunatic pandora stuff above eshtar and ward whas also there with the ruby dragon stuff

but i read somewhere on this forum that it makes a diference wich timber maniacs magazines you read

Slade
05-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I hav the playstation version and ive had both scenes with and without Ward. I hav no idea what i did to get them but the very first time i played VIII Ward wasnt in the fight with the Ruby Dragon. All the other times i hav Ward. Since it was so long ago i cant remember what i did to hav Ward absent from the party but perhaps it was the order of the timber maniacs or some option i picked that changed it....

Kamrusepas
05-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I've never had Ward in the Ruby Dragon fight...
Maybe I gotta go pick up the magazines from different places and see what happens...

Squall of SeeD
05-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes, picking up certain issues of Timber Maniacs or doing so at certain times can affect some of the Laguna flashbacks.

By the way, Maya, Edea is playable until reaching Esthar, yes, but the player regains use of her while trying to enter Lunatic Pandora as it passes over Esthar. That's not a difference between the two versions. It's the same in both.

Maya
05-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Yes, picking up certain issues of Timber Maniacs or doing so at certain times can affect some of the Laguna flashbacks.

By the way, Maya, Edea is playable until reaching Esthar, yes, but the player regains use of her while trying to enter Lunatic Pandora as it passes over Esthar. That's not a difference between the two versions. It's the same in both.

Well, itīs been awhile since I played that computer version so, Iīm not really sure about that Edea thing. I didnīt use her that much before. Now when I played psx-version, she was not removable when you left Lunar gate. Whatever. Game continues.